Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Arthur Guerrero, MD
Dr. Arthur Guerrero joined Northeast Endocrinology Associates in July 2016. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacology and Philosophy from State University of New York at Stony Brook. In 2004, he received his medical degree from Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. He then completed an internship in Internal Medicine at Wilford Hall Medical Center in 2005, and then completed his residency at Brook Army Medical Center in 2007. Dr. Guerrero completed his Endocrinology Fellowship at Walter Reed Mecical Center in 2010. Dr. Guerrero is Board Certified in Internal Medicine (2007) and Endocrinolgy (2010). Dr. Guerrero was a LTC in the Army after a 12 year career, serving in both Irag and Afghanistan. There he earned a Combat Medical Badge, Combat Action Badge and the Bronze Star. Dr. Guerrero enjoys all aspects of Endocrinology, especially Neuroendocrine Dysfunction caused by head injury (including blast), Thyroid Cancer and coaching diabetics who experience difficulty controlling their disease. In his spare time, Dr. Guerrero enjoys spending time with his growing family, strength training and competitive Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu.

Northeast Endocrinology

5000 Schertz Pkwy Ste 200

Schertz, TX 78154

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
  • The Great-West Life Assurance Company

Learn about Dr. Guerrero

Dr. Guerrero's Experience

Dr. Guerrero's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Brooke Army Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Guerrero has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guerrero does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guerrero and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Guerrero's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guerrero to family and friends
Dr. Guerrero's Performance
in New Braunfels, Texas |
My experience with Dr. Guerrero has been excellent! He's knowledgeable, has great bedside manners and has a great sense of humor. I've been diabetic for 20 years and have never had a doctor care so much. I will never forget him looking me right in the eye and saying, "I am your coach and I need you to show up for practice." That little statement was exactly what I needed to hear. Through his coaching I have reached my weight goals thus reducing the medication that I am on. Thanks Doc!
in Wimberley |
I found Dr. Guerrero on line. I was not disappointed. He was very knowledgeable and listened to all of my problems with out rushing. His explanations were easy to understand. I felt very comfortable under his care.
in Canyon Lake, TX |
There are not enough praises I can give this doctor, fellow doctor, and office staff. I have not had problems with this office, and the doctors have been very helpful. They take the time to discuss lab results, and the science behind their recommendations. I met with the certified diabetes educator yesterday, and she was great and informative too.
in San Antonio, TX |
I took my son to see Dr. Guerrero for multiple endocrine issues and was extremely impressed by him. He was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain to my son all about his thyroid condition and how it can affect his body. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends, family and since I work in a family practice office, our patients as well.
in New Braunfels, TX |
I am a retired Dentist so I know the importance of good bedside manner and Dr Guerrero has a great one. Also he is very good at his specialty. I have a very complex situation and he was able to get me feeling great in less than a month of treatment. Coming from a fellow professional in the health field,I hightly recommend him.
New Braunfels, TX |
Very thorough in his descriptions and takes the time to be sure you understand what is going on.
in Shertz, Tx |
Dr. Guerrero gets the highest marks for his knowledge & patient rapport.
Schertz, TX |
Dr. Guerrero is the first doctor to take the time and explain to me what was happening internally with my thyroid----this is after many, many years of seeing doctors/nurse practitioners for hypothyroidism. He also reviewed the most current lab results with me (along with past results for comparison data) and listened to my symptoms to determine the next best steps for me to take.
in Schertz, TX |
This is my first appointment with Dr Guerrero. He is personable and polite. He carefully reviewed my labs and discussed them, explaining complex information in a simple way. He listened to what I said and accepted my decision on treatment. I am looking forward to my next appointment with him.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was a patient in this practice for a few years before Dr. G came on board and was happy with the staff. Dr. G's bio was interesting and I thought his approach to diabetes would help me. He was prepared for my appointment. He listened to me first and then laid out a plan to help me achieve what I wanted in handling my diabetes. Had my third visit and because of his treatment plan and my compliance, I'm off two other meds because of good lab reports. How often does that happen? I feel successful
in Schertz, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Guerrero to other diabetics. Dr. Guerrero was very informative, easy to talk to and ask questions. Took time to discuss issues, explained how to reach my goals.
New Braunfels, TX |
Dr. Guerrero is great.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Guerrero is a wonderful Doctor. He is very educated in his medical practices and he also embraces modern technology to explain medical results. He has a warm and comforting personality and genuinely cares about his patents. I would 100% refer him to my friends and family.
in Floresville, TX |
Dr. Guerrero is very caring, and explains very well what needs to be explained.
in San Marcos, TX |
Dr. Guerrero is very knowledgable about his field and he often also shares his knowledge in other areas to better explain your condition or answer questions. He was very thorough in his investigation of my symptoms and was able to give me a diagnosis and treatment plan in two visits. Dr. Guerrero is also very personable, caring, and, he smiles often. I feel very fortunate to have found him via healthgrades and I am very hopeful that he will remain in his Schertz practice forever!
Cibolo, TX |
Dr Guerrero has been great so far! Within my 2 visits, he has my hypothyroidism under control and he has helped me develop a game plan to lower my A1C values that I am confident of.
in South TX |
They got me in ASAP compared to other Drs and got the testing I needed. He had good bed side manners and listened to my concerns. There were a couple of minor things that I did not agree with on knowledge of a couple of things that was discussed but that was pertaining to me personally and most likey wouldn't have anything to do with anyone else. So I do highly recommend. In house lab people were great too.
in Schertz, Tx |
Dr. Guerrero has been instrumental in helping me control my sugar levels and A1c. His straight forward talk and candor is great!
in Garden Ridge, TX |
Dr Guerrero explained my labs and options thoroughly and answered all my questions. He listens well and doesn't rush anything.
in Universal City, TX |
Dr. Guerrero is one of the best doctors I've ever has. He is knowledgeable, patient, and very kind. He explains everything and also listens to your concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Schertz, TX |
I learned more about my DM in one apt with Dr. Guerrero than I have since date of diagnosis. Amazing!
in Austin, AR |
Dr. Guerrero was my endocrinologist for 3 years! He was extremely helpful and thorough over the years, especially during my pregnancy when it came to getting my labs checked every 4-5 weeks. Very friendly, professional and has great bed side manners. Excellent at his job!
in san antonio, tx |
He is very personable, energetic, knowledgeable, straightforward with a good sense of humor. He listens to you and takes time to explain everything. He is great!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Guerrero was very thorough and sweet. He is so smart. My husband and I really liked him, and hope to keep him as our diabetic doctor. This was our very first visit with Dr. Guerrero and we had an awesome experience. Please keep Dr. Guerrero there. If he leaves, we will follow.
in Schertz, Tx |
He is a straight talker and in no way beat around the bush when advising me on how to control my diabetes. I like the fact that he presents an action plan and outlines the steps necessary for execution. Good Job!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Guerrero was very thorough. It was evident he had read my previous medical charts from another doctor and I was impressed how prepared he was knowing my history and able to explain different options of what my issue might be. I would highly recommend him.
in San Antonio, TX |
Great Doctor! He was able to explain my issues and answer my questions in a way that made sense. Good bedside manner!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Guerrero took the time to explain everything to me, offering several solutions to the problem. He was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I have already recommended him to my mom for her thyroid problems! It's nice to have a doctor that takes the time to explain things and doesn't rush you out! It was a wonderful experience!
in Universal City, TX |
I am new patient of his. He was extremely friendly, considerate, and helpful.
in Schertz TX |
Dr.guerrero was awesome, very caring, professional, and took time to explain things . We need more doctors like him that take the time to actually explain what's the problem but more importantly to find the solution. Easy to talk to and Im very pleased with his advice and passion. Scott ristow
Schertz, TX |
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's over 2 years ago and Dr Guerrero was the first doctor to take the time to explain how the thyroid is supposed to work vs how mine is working. He also explained my lab results in detail- which put many of my concerns to rest. He was extremely kind and gave me several different options in managing my health going forward. I highly recommend Dr Guerrero to anyone who is looking for a good, knowledgable and thorough endocrinologist.
in San Antonio, TX 78260 |
Dr Guerrerro was very thorough, knowledgeable and helpful. He took the time to address all my questions and concerns. He gave me options, without being "pushy" .He is quite personable and friendly, which always makes an appointment more enjoyable :) I left feeling I was in very capable hands!
in UC, Tx. |
Dr. Arthur Guerrero is provides extremely excellent explanations about every aspect of the exam. He provides manageable goals to assist with my thyroid issues. Dr. Guerrero listens, discusses and summarizes all data with great ease. He is a top notch Dr.
in Spring Branch, TX |
Dr. Guerrero explained in detail all my blood work, medication, and what he thought was happening to my body and changing health. He diagnosed the problem and came up with a plan. Never before have I had a Dr. go into so much detail. He was very professional and pleasant.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr Guerrero coordinated my treatment for a very complex diagnosis involving five specialties (endocrinology, neurosurgery, neurology, ophthalmology, and radiation oncology). His level of professionalism and knowledge concerning my case were second to none. More importantly, he genuinely cared about the level of care I received from not only his staff, but from the other specialists. When diagnosed with a serious condition it is critical to find a Doctor wo cares about you. Dr. Guerrero is it.
in HI |
Dr. Guerrero has been a fantastic care provider. He diagnosed my Thyroid cancer and placed me on a plan/schedule that was well organised and achievable. His care has been consistent and has laid the groundwork to monitor and track my progress. I appreciate his expertise, attention to detail, kindness and understanding for all my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Guerrero to anyone.
in Apg, Maryland |
Dr. Guerrero is one of the best Endocrine Dr I have every seen, he is very knowledgeable in his profession. When I got diagnose with Graves disease he took the time to educate me on the whole thyroid and what procedure that needs to be done in othe to take care of the issue. After all my procedures thanks to him my Tsh levels are normal now. I have PCS and I cannot find anyone out there that is as good as he is. wish he could have remain my Dr, I would recommend every one to him,he is the best!
in Kapolei, HI |
Dr. Guerrero is one of the most professional physician that I've had the pleasure to encounter in my 13 years of military service. When the Tripler endocrine team was having a difficult time trying to determine what type of diabetes I had, he came aboard and got me a answer within weeks of stepping in his position at Tripler. He manages an awesome team that takes pride in their profession. It's evident that the positive atmosphere in the endocrinology department come from his presence.
in Honolulu, HI |
Extremely thoughtful; listens well and then comes up with a plan of action. I would strongly recommend anyone to him.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Guerrero took on my rather complicated case approximately 3 years ago helped me immensely. He is always thorough and efficient in the manner he handles his cases. He explains the best process to ensure optimal health and makes sure you understand the medications he prescribes. I am so thankful I was sent to this endocrinologist! He really knows his job and takes care of his patients!
Have you seen Dr. Arthur Guerrero, MD?
Are you Dr. Guerrero?

Visit Dr. Guerrero

Dr. Guerrero accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
  • Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
  • The Great-West Life Assurance Company