Dr. Arthur Castelbaum, MD

Dr. Arthur Castelbaum, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility | Male

RMA of Philadelphia 625 Clark Ave Ste 17B King of Prussia PA 19406 Get Directions

RMA is committed to providing the latest and most appropriate treatments available in a caring and compassionate environment. Our medical team includes highly trained, experienced, and board-certified physicians. Our physicians and staff work closely with you to find the most successful solutions for your personal family-building needs.

Dr. Castelbaum received his medical degree from Washington University, and completed his residency training and postgraduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine and on The Discovery Channel and he also serves as a reviewer for the journals Fertility and Sterility and Human Reproduction.

Dr. Castelbaum's Experience

See how Dr. Castelbaum's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Castelbaum

Dr. Castelbaum accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Castelbaum has admitting privileges.

Dr. Castelbaum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Castelbaum to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Castelbaum's Performance
in Trenton, NJ |
We LOVE Dr. Castelbaum and everyone at RMA!! We have been in treatment with Dr. Castelbaum and RMA for the past year. At my age (42) we started to believe pregnancy would never happen for us. Dr. Castelbaum was amazing and patient in explaining our options throughout the whole process. His compassion and empathy was evident every single time we saw him. I also can't say enough about the nurses and office staff. Every single person we encountered at RMA was kind, caring and patient.
Newtown, PA |
Nice person, but really only interested in success rates. Told me 'bye' when he couldn't figure out what was wrong, instead of conferring with others and referring me to someone else. Office is extremely difficult to deal with, they expect you to be sitting by the phone...otherwise you have to deal with their central ivr system to simply return a call to a nurse 2 miles away from you.
Hello, We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our office and we thank you for sharing your feelings with us. We are committed to the patient experience and would like to give you a call to address your concerns. You can reach us at 215-938-1515 or send an email to info @rmaphiladelphia.com (please remove the space before the @).We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Christina Robertson, MHA Director of Patient Experience
in Harleysville, PA |
From the moment my husband and I met Dr. Castelbaum, we knew he was the Dr. for us. He made us feel very comfortable and at ease. He was very knowledgeable and explained to us the entire process. He showed great compassion towards us and had a very positive attitude. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and have "graduated" from RMA. I am very sad to leave! I will miss the terrific staff and definitely miss Dr. Castelbaum. Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!
Lansdale, PA |
Dr Castelbaum and all of the RMA doctors are top notch. They deliver personalized and compassionate care like no other fertility practice in the area. After transfering from another fertility practice that left us feeling frustrated, Dr. Castelbaum guided us through a personalized treatment plan with the highest probability of success. He was always available to answer questions by email and spent ample time with us during ultrasounds. After just one round of treatment, we are expecting!
Morrisville, PA |
Dr. Castelbaum was wonderful to work with--he was straight forward, positive and encouraging from our first meeting with him. He made the process easy for us and was always sensitive to our concerns. We were pregnant after our first IUI. We just welcomed our first child, a healthy baby boy into our lives. We plan to return to Dr. Castelbaum when we are ready to get pregnant again.
in Horsham, PA |
My husband and I were extremely pleased with our experience with Dr. Castelbaum and his staff. He was very direct and easy to understand. He consistently checked in with me at my appointments to see how my experience was and make sure the staff was making me feel comfortable. Dr. Castelbaum was very friendly and made everything so easy and manageable for me. He was sincerely excited for me and my success which really made a difference. My only regret is not going to him sooner.
in Langhorne, PA |
Really seems to care about his patients and their difficulties and history. He is knowledgeable and honest without seeming intimidating or dismissive, which I have seen in so many doctors. So many people I know have had success with him, and he is easily someone I took an instant liking to. He looks after his patients the way that doctors used to, and this makes a huge difference in quality of care. His entire staff is super helpful and friendly, and I am happy to be working with them.
Going through fertility treatment is easily one of the hardest things I've done in my life. Dr. Castelbaum, the other doctors, and all the nurses and admin staff at RMA made it as supported a process as I can imagine. They ended up feeling like extended family to us. Dr. Castelbaum is funny but straightforward, personable, and has entertaining stories. He also went the extra mile for us in terms of reaching out to our insurance company. I will feel grateful to him and everyone at RMA for th
in yardley, PA |
Such a great experience with Dr. Castelbaum ! He and his staff were so inviting, answered all of our questions and have given my husband and I a really positive experience.
in Levittown, PA |
Dr. Castelbaum is wonderful and I recommend him and his office to anyone dealing with infertility!
I can't recommend Dr. Castelbaum and the staff at RMA enough - they are wonderful. They helped me with baby #1 and baby #2...when I felt like there was no hope, they really took all the worry and pressure off my shoulders. Excellent practice!!!
in Newtown, PA |
I found Dr. Castelbaum to be refreshingly candid and direct. Often when you talk to a doctor, you are left wondering what they said and what it means. I never had that feeling with Dr. Castlebaum. Also, he answered every email, played phone tag with me and I never felt rushed or dismissed when I asked questions. I also found him to be one of my biggest champions! He was incredibly positive and optimistic-- even when I was not. He is caring and vested in his patients' success.
in Langhorne, PA |
By far the best doctor and best team of nurses I have visited. Very courteous, very knowledgeable, very accessible and a joy to work with. Would recommend it for all my friends and family. He spotted the problem right away and gave the perfect treatment and we ended up conceiving twins in our first try. Thank you Dr. Castelbaum and all RMA staff for being your very best in every visit.
Have you seen Dr. Arthur Castelbaum, MD?

Compare Dr. Castelbaum

Dr. Castelbaum says...

Dr. Castelbaum's Care Philosophy

Dr. Castelbaum's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
  •  Board certified in Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Castelbaum has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Castelbaum's Board Certifications

• Galactorrhoea - Hyperprolactinaemia
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Infertility
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

Completed in 1992

Completed in 1994

Washington University, St Louis

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Castelbaum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Castelbaum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• In-Office Ultrasound
  • Infertility Surgery
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Sperm Cryopreservation