Dr. Artemus Cox III, MD

Dr. Artemus Cox III, MD

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery  |

Dr. Artemus J Cox III, MD is a Otolaryngologist (Ear, Nose & Throat - ENT) - General practicing in Birmingham, AL .Started practicing 1999 . PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery AWARDS & ACCOLADES Argus Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2003 HOSPITAL AFFILIATION University of Alabama at Birmingham - School of Medicine UAB Highlands Hospital Callahan Eye Hospital FORMS OF PAYMENT Cash, Checks, and Credit Cards INSURANCES ACCEPTED We accept most insurance plans. Please contact the office to verify coverage. WEBSITE artworksplasticsurgery dot com

Artworks Facial Plastic Surgery

2850 Cahaba Rd

Mountain Brk, AL 35223

Learn about Dr. Cox III

As a facial plastic surgeon, my focus is from the neck up with an emphasis on the appearance and function of the nose. I am an associate professor at UAB and enjoy teaching my patients as well as the residents and med students. My goal is to be as informative as possible in order to help my patients choose what surgical direction is best for them and then design a very personalized surgical plan including care during the post-operative period.

Dr. Cox III's Experience

Dr. Cox III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

• Brow Lift
  • Chemical Peel
  • Complex Revision Rhinoplasty
  • Dermal Filler
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Facelift
  • Facial Implant Surgery
  • Lip Augmentation
  • Liposuction
  • Nasal Airway Surgery
  • Neck Lift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Mississippi-Ba English Language and Literature
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • University Of Alabama Birmingham-M.D.
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • General Surgery-Methodist Hospital Of Dallas
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery-Saint Louis University In Missouri
  • Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Oregon Health Sciences Center In Portland
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Cox III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cox III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cox III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cox III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cox III to family and friends
Dr. Cox III's Performance
Dr. Cox is very personable and listens well. He performed an awesome procedure on my nose. I am very thankful for having him as my doctor. I would recommend him to anyone!
Dr. Cox performed septorhinoplasty on my nose in June 2017. The septum was so deformed that my left nostril was completely obstructed. He completely reconstructed the septum, reduced the tip, and gave my nose an overall more feminine appearance. I was never happy with the way my nose looked in profile, but now I love my nose and I can breathe! I didn't know what breathing was actually like until now. Dr. Cox explained all details of the procedure and what to expect for the healing process.
Dr. Cox was so great. He was understanding and calmed my nerves almost immediately when I found out I would need surgery. He did everything he could to improve my breathing and the appearance of my nose. I can't say enough good things about him! I recommend him often to friends and family.
Great Experience
Dr. Cox was fabulous with helping us and our 14 year old son understand and feel comfortable with the surgery he was about to repair an old baseball injury to the nose. He and his staff were great to explain and help us find comfort in the coming surgery. The team kept up their true character of excellence at the hospital pre and post surgery. The outcome of the surgery was just like discussed and our son finally has air flow through his nose. Awesome Doctor and Awesome Team,
Dr. Cox is an incredible doctor! Not only an expert in his field but personal as well. He took the time to answer questions, helped me with my treatment decisions without any pressure, and did an amazing job with surgery. I would definitely recommend him to colleagues/friends. The staff were also very professional and caring. All around experience was a 5/5!! Thank you!
Dr. Cox repaired a rather large septum perforation and septoplasty. He is highly skilled and knowledgeable. I'm extremely pleased with the results so far still have time before we can consider the repair a success but highly confident. I am so glad I was referred out of state to Dr. Cox. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to him.
I had a septoplasty/rhinoplasty. Dr.Cox was a great listener and provided clear explanations for treatment. I am extremely happy with my results after surgery.
He treats his patients their family members very well and does a great job
very honest and cared
Dr. Cox has wonderful bedside manners, takes the time to make sure the patient understands what is going on, will answer your millions of questions without missing a heartbeat or seeming annoyed with the patient. I have really enjoyed being a patient of his and will recommend him to my friends and family.
Dr. Cox has always treated me and my family with the utmost respect and is willing to do whatever he can to diagnose and treat whatever is wrong. Wished there were more doctors like him in the world.
Dr. Cox might be the most personable doctor I have ever seen. He is excellent at describing procedures and the pros and cons of each treatment. He personally called me to check in after my surgery, and his staff is amazing. I can honestly say that my quality of life has improved due to his treatment, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for an adept ENT with good bedside manner.
So happy that my other Dr sent me to Dr Cox. I have been pleased with my Dr's but exceptionally pleased with Dr Cox. I am very pleased with the facial corrections he did on me and several of my fiends and family tell me all the time how great it looks. I would highly recommend Dr Cox to others.
Dr. Cox has a friendly and kind demeanor, and is very enthusiastic about his work. He took the time to clearly explain things to me and made sure I understood the diagnoses and treatment options. He didn't pressure me into any decision.
All of my life I have had nasal problems simply put, they have affected my "quality of life".; I appreciate the work Dr Cox has done, the care given, and the follow-up. He is a stellar credit to UAB medicine!
This has been my third nasal surgery. Not only was I not able to fully breathe out of the right side of my nose I had a bunch of cosmetic issues as well. After breaking my nose three times over the years I was pretty messed up. My local surgeon did not feel comfortable attempting this surgery after already having it twice and recommended that I drive over 4hrs away to see Dr. Cox. I was very reluctant to make the trip but I was desperate and decided to at least meet w...
Wonderful, always listens and takes me seriously. Very personable and great hours.
Dr Cox is very professional yet is able to relate options and diagnosis which I can understand.
Dr. Cox is an amazing Doctor who patiently explained every step of the surgery. I could not be more pleased with the surgery and the outcome. His skills have impacted my life in an amazing way! Thank you Dr. Cox!!!
Felt very easy to talk to. I feel like I am at home. Very thorough in explaining procedure and the affects.
Great, doctor listened, explained everything well and I felt comfortable asking questions
he was very explainable and when he did my surgery i can now breath again im happy he is a very good doc
Rhinoplasty for both nostrils. Outstanding success with the right. Mixed results with left.
Throughout the entire process Dr. Cox was wonderful. Highly recommended. Both pre and post op care was excellent.
in Helena, AL |
Friendly, approachable, listened and explained treatment options.
in Kimberly, Al |
Could not be happier with the result of my sons nose; and the extra care he received. Absolutely recommend Dr. Cox. Thank you
in Auburn, AL |
Excellent surgeon, I would recommend him to friends & family
Have you seen Dr. Artemus Cox III, MD?

Visit Dr. Cox III