Pediatric Neurology  |
Dr. Arnold Sansevere Jr, MD
As faculty in the Department of Neurology/Division of Epilepsy at Boston Children's Hospital (BCH), I devote approximately 50-60% of my time to clinical work, which includes direct patient care in both the Neurology and the Epilepsy clinics, with time dedicated to reporting electroencephalograms (EEG). I spend approximately 1 month out of the year on the inpatient Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. The remainder of my time is devoted to medical education, as Director of the Child Neurology Clerkship, and to research. My area of clinical research is in Intensive Care Unit EEG. I received my MD from Drexel University College of Medicine in 2008, then completed an internship/residency in pediatrics in 2010. I joined BCH to complete my postdoctoral training with a residency in Child Neurology in 2010, during which time I was awarded the Shining Star in Clinical Service for my work in the neurology clinic, and was elected Chief Resident. I then completed a fellowship in Pediatric Epilepsy, which began in 2013. I went on to take a faculty position at the level of Instructor in the Department of Neurology/Division of Epilepsy. I have enjoyed being an active member of the Neurology Department at BCH. As Child Neurology Chief Resident, I coordinated the Neurology Resident and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Orientation, NeuroICU Multi-disciplinary Rounds with Specialty Panel, and Neurology Grand Rounds during the 2012-2013 academic year. I also managed and supervised 4 inpatient services, 17 child neurology residents, and more than 50 rotating neurology and pediatric residents from BCH, BMC, Tufts, MGH, BWH, and BIDMC. After beginning my fellowship in pediatric epilepsy, I became interested in the field of Intensive Care Unit Electroencephalogram (EEG) Monitoring, during which time I worked with Dr. Loddenkemper to create a retrospective database of patients receiving EEG in the intensive care unit. As faculty, I am the Director of the Child Neurology Clerkship and Pediatric Resident Neurology Elective Coordinator. In addition to these roles, I have served on nine committees at BCH, including the Committee on Refractory Status Epilepticus and Child Neurology Residency Board of Admissions. My teaching activities include involvement in various lecture series and case based discussions at BCH and at Brigham and Women's Hospital. I have weekly case based discussions with 3rd and 4th year medical students as well as monthly lectures to the Harvard Medical School Neurology Clerks on the topic of Child Neurology. I have also created a status epilepticus simulation for the medical students rotating through child neurology. I remain active in pediatric resident education, having weekly / monthly case based sessions and lectures focusing on teaching the neurologic examination. I also contribute to the Child Neurology Resident Curriculum, giving yearly lectures in ICU EEG Monitoring. Finally, as first author, I have published a chapter on neuroinfectious disease in the Handbook of Pediatric Neurology, as well as a clinical summary of succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase (SSADH) for the MedLink Neurology website, a clinical information resource for neurologists. Additionally, I have presented several abstracts at the national level, including the annual meetings of the American Epilepsy Society, American Academy of Neurology, and American Clinical Neurophysiology Society.

300 Longwood Ave

Boston, MA 02115

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Sansevere Jr

I have enjoyed being an active member of the Neurology Department at Boston Children's Hospital.

As Child Neurology Chief Resident, I coordinated the Neurology Resident and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Orientation, NeuroICU Multi-disciplinary Rounds with Specialty Panel, and Neurology Grand Rounds during the 2012-2013 academic year.  I also managed and supervised 4 inpatient services, 17 child neurology residents, and more than 50 rotating neurology and pediatric residents from BCH, BMC, Tufts, MGH, BWH, and BIDMC.  After beginning my fellowship in pediatric epilepsy, I became interested in the field of Intensive Care Unit Electroencephalogram (EEG) Monitoring, during which time I worked with Dr. Loddenkemper to create a retrospective database of patients receiving EEG in the intensive care unit. As faculty, I am the Director of the Child Neurology Clerkship and Pediatric Resident Neurology Elective Coordinator. In addition to these roles, I have served on nine committees at BCH, including the Committee on Refractory Status Epilepticus and Child Neurology Residency Board of Admissions.

With this background, I am poised to begin a successful career as a pediatric neurologist and specialist in pediatric epilepsy with a strong interest in medical education and clinical research. My interests in medical education will continue as I attempt to find new ways to teach while integrating the concept of residents as teachers into the current curriculum. I hope to learn more about the field of Intensive Care Epilepsy and EEG Monitoring through clinical research while creating a clinical ICU EEG service.

Dr. Sansevere Jr's Experience

Dr. Sansevere Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatric Neurology

• Pediatric Neurology
  • Epilepsy

Dr. Sansevere Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Epilepsy
  • Seizure Disorders

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Epilepsy Surgery
  • Management of VNS Devices for the Treatment of Epilepsy

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Salisbury University
  • Boston Children's Hospital, Epilepsy
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Drexel University College of Medicine, Graduate
    Other Education | Completed 2003

Dr. Sansevere Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sansevere Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sansevere Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sansevere Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sansevere Jr's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Sansevere Jr?

Visit Dr. Sansevere Jr