Dr. Arnold Mech, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 66

Dr. Mech

"everything was good for the past 5 months its been crazy getting my scripts and trying to see him. i have spoke to my casewroker and UHC to get me a new doctor but having issues getting my medical records. I will be seeking an attorney and see my options"

Read Review

"I have left several messages and no return call or email returned. Three time, we have gone to his actual office and signs were posted that he did not pay and forced out. Super poor follow-up. I need my medicine refilled and can not. Three different offices we went to and three times, no actually In his office."

Read Review

Dr. Mech?
Dr. Mech's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Arnold Mech, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Getting refills was difficult every month. Now the doc is MIA and I’ve been without meds for 2 weeks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
I have being seeing Dr Mech for the last 6 yrs for my ADHD. He has moved offices at least 5 times due to lack of payment. He has cut staff back continuously throughout the years. Refills were like pulling teeth to get refilled. The final straw was two months ago, when he moved offices again and cut all of his staff, keeping only a receptionist. I have been out of medication now for over a month and currently looking for a new Dr. Do not use this Dr. All that you will get is a recording.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
The office is left unstaffed too much! You should always be able to call a doctors office and reach someone or at least get a call back. Completely unacceptable! Three weeks and I can’t reach anyone to simply get an appointment!! What kind of joke practice is this?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
How incredibly rude. My husband set up three different appointments with this office only to find out that their office is closed, evicted or locked out due to non-payment of rent. No indication from the staff that this was an issue and no care to call any patients who have set up appointments for the days following. Absolutely WORST experience.
not recommended
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Haven’t been able to reach office or leave a voice mail in almost 3 wks. Finally got in to see another dr. I’m really sorry for what patients must be going though not having their meds and constantly calling and obsessing about what they’re going to do if they don’t get their meds. Part of me also feels bad for Dr Mech something awful must have happened for him to let things get to this point. His practice was once a huge thriving well-respected entity. He was wrote up in esteemed Med journals.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Saw Dr Mech for ongoing treatment of mild depression and prescription maintenance. Only saw the Dr. on the first appointment and from there on out it was PAs who read my file during the appointment . Last refill visit resulted in approximately $4000 in lab fees. Don't recommend and will not return.
A VERY GREAT DOCTOR
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
The receptionist and insurance coordinator in this office are not competent. They looked online to find the copay for my insurance and were shocked that I would contest the answer. When I called my provider to confirm what I knew was correct, they were clearly in shock. Furthermore, you can hear them talk about patients, I witnessed the front desk receptionist act with absolute disregard to a child with disabilities and she shrugged it off with no cares. I am very disgusted and disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Dr. Meck is seeing my grandson who has had problems since childhood. He has been put on one medication after the other but nothing seemed to help. Dr. Meck's holistic approach to my grandson's care has been amazing. He did take him off his medications and is in the process of doing testing at this time. He gave him a couple of medications that are not "psychiatric" but they have helped him greatly. Finally someone who listens and helps. I did have to wait a bit but it was well worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
I have seen Dr. Mech for several years. He is very considerate and compassionate. I trust him completely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
I arrived for my first appointment and was told the doctor had something come up YESTERDAY and wouldn't be in this morning. No one called me. The receptionist told me they could reschedule me for his next available appointment in 2 weeks. This does not seem professional. If something legitimate comes up, call the patient! Then don't offer to reschedule two weeks later when I show up on time for my first appointment!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Dr. Mech and his office staff are always friendly and up beat. The staff listens to your needs and helps you thru the process. Dr. Mech gets to know you, and gives a holistic approach.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Very knowledgeable psychiatrist that actually listens and CARES!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
I'm currently 6 days off my meds thanks to the lovely services of Dr. Mech's associates. After emailing the office, calling the office multiple times, leaving voicemails, and making sure that all of these times were DURING OFFICE HOURS, I could not talk to a single human being. This is the second psych I have had this happen to. Don't take on so many patients if you can't schedule them adequately in a manner that LITERAL CRAZY PEOPLE who are at risk to themselves might go off their meds.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Please stay away from this doctor. I read reviews and thought the bad reviews were bitter patirnts. I saw him because I moved to the area and he was on my insurance. He did blood work on my 1st appointment and told me he was going to get me off the medications. To make a long story short, he forgot to give me my prescriptions to ween me off meds, but didn't forget the prescriptions for vitamins, I think he gets a cut. I quit seeing him, and received a bill, after ins. Paid, for $4,200.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mech?

We are devoted to providing quality comprehensive psychiatric services and delivering excellent high quality health care. Our team prides itself in our expertise with both the diagnosis and treatment of the occurrence of mental illness and believes t...

• Psychiatry

Loyola University Of Chicago / Stritch School Of Medicine
1977
1974

Dr. Mech accepts

Dr. Mech accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross
PHCS
Tricare
TriCare for Life

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Mech's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mech treats this condition more than 62% of his peers

Dr. Mech's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Social Phobia
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Compare Providers