Dr. Arnold Mech, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 68

Dr. Mech

Arnold W. Mech. M.d. P.A.

4865 Hedgcoxe Rd Ste 400 Plano, TX 75024

Dr. Arnold Mech, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Plano, TX and has over 44 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine medical school in 1977. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mech to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

1 board action Found
  • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (8/16/2019)View details
No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Mech's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mech's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disability Evaluation
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Social Phobia
  • Suicidal Ideation

Dr. Mech accepts

Dr. Mech accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

1.9047619047619047%

Dr. Mech?
  • Wait times (16)
  • Long wait times (59)
Disappointed. I spoke with a man named, Jeff on the phone initially who communicated well with me over the phone. However, he let me know he would email me a few documents before my appointment on Friday, then he asked me to email him, so I did. I never got a return email with the documents. Then Jennifer from the office called, and asked what time I would like to schedule my appointment. Jeff had already scheduled my appointment so that showed a lack of communication. Jennifer also let me know she would be sending me a medical history and new patient paperwork via email. I never received this. Now, this morning, the morning of my appointment, I noticed I have 3 missed calls from the office. My appointment is not for a few more hours and the voicemails are asking me to check in for my appointment, or letting me know i need to reschedule. TMS is expensive and time consuming. It's disappointing the staff isn't more organized. I will be looking for a different office.
Oct 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
If you actually get to see him his bedside manner and compassion are unmatched, the problem is actually getting in contact with the office. Sadly, I had to find a new dr because of it.
Alysia – Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
In the past He has been great and actually listens (and remembers) to details if patient’s needs. Suggestions of alterations when he feels it needed in the best interest of the patient. I feel He gets a bad rep because they do have an understaffing problem. Im trying to get through again myself. So it Makes him more like finding extremely hard to find gold on the positive side... hard to get ahold of while he rebuilds for his patients, so when u get ahold of the gold u will be grateful. He should get good reviews for continued trying to rebuild when life may be handing him challenges... he hasnt quit on people! So, great review for him and bad review for things he may not be able to control. Ill hear from him soon i hope.
TammyHammy – Apr 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
everything was good for the past 5 months its been crazy getting my scripts and trying to see him. i have spoke to my casewroker and UHC to get me a new doctor but having issues getting my medical records. I will be seeking an attorney and see my options
cjsmith in dallas – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
I have left several messages and no return call or email returned. Three time, we have gone to his actual office and signs were posted that he did not pay and forced out. Super poor follow-up. I need my medicine refilled and can not. Three different offices we went to and three times, no actually In his office.
Benjamin W in Dallas – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Getting refills was difficult every month. Now the doc is MIA and I’ve been without meds for 2 weeks.
Jessie V in The Colony, TX – Jul 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
I have being seeing Dr Mech for the last 6 yrs for my ADHD. He has moved offices at least 5 times due to lack of payment. He has cut staff back continuously throughout the years. Refills were like pulling teeth to get refilled. The final straw was two months ago, when he moved offices again and cut all of his staff, keeping only a receptionist. I have been out of medication now for over a month and currently looking for a new Dr. Do not use this Dr. All that you will get is a recording.
Mandy in Frisco – Jul 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
The office is left unstaffed too much! You should always be able to call a doctors office and reach someone or at least get a call back. Completely unacceptable! Three weeks and I can’t reach anyone to simply get an appointment!! What kind of joke practice is this?
TX – Jun 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
How incredibly rude. My husband set up three different appointments with this office only to find out that their office is closed, evicted or locked out due to non-payment of rent. No indication from the staff that this was an issue and no care to call any patients who have set up appointments for the days following. Absolutely WORST experience.
Kristina – May 30, 2018
not recommended
May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Haven’t been able to reach office or leave a voice mail in almost 3 wks. Finally got in to see another dr. I’m really sorry for what patients must be going though not having their meds and constantly calling and obsessing about what they’re going to do if they don’t get their meds. Part of me also feels bad for Dr Mech something awful must have happened for him to let things get to this point. His practice was once a huge thriving well-respected entity. He was wrote up in esteemed Med journals.
Plano, tx – Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Saw Dr Mech for ongoing treatment of mild depression and prescription maintenance. Only saw the Dr. on the first appointment and from there on out it was PAs who read my file during the appointment . Last refill visit resulted in approximately $4000 in lab fees. Don't recommend and will not return.
Frisco, TX – Aug 02, 2017
A VERY GREAT DOCTOR
Brandon Scott Harrell in Blackwell – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
The receptionist and insurance coordinator in this office are not competent. They looked online to find the copay for my insurance and were shocked that I would contest the answer. When I called my provider to confirm what I knew was correct, they were clearly in shock. Furthermore, you can hear them talk about patients, I witnessed the front desk receptionist act with absolute disregard to a child with disabilities and she shrugged it off with no cares. I am very disgusted and disappointed.
Dallas, TX – Nov 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Dr. Meck is seeing my grandson who has had problems since childhood. He has been put on one medication after the other but nothing seemed to help. Dr. Meck's holistic approach to my grandson's care has been amazing. He did take him off his medications and is in the process of doing testing at this time. He gave him a couple of medications that are not "psychiatric" but they have helped him greatly. Finally someone who listens and helps. I did have to wait a bit but it was well worth it.
Jan Kelley in Mesquite, TX – Sep 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
I have seen Dr. Mech for several years. He is very considerate and compassionate. I trust him completely.
Wes in Arlington, TX – Aug 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
I arrived for my first appointment and was told the doctor had something come up YESTERDAY and wouldn't be in this morning. No one called me. The receptionist told me they could reschedule me for his next available appointment in 2 weeks. This does not seem professional. If something legitimate comes up, call the patient! Then don't offer to reschedule two weeks later when I show up on time for my first appointment!
T. Brown in Plano, TX – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Dr. Mech and his office staff are always friendly and up beat. The staff listens to your needs and helps you thru the process. Dr. Mech gets to know you, and gives a holistic approach.
BlueGreenTX in Aubrey, TX – Jul 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Very knowledgeable psychiatrist that actually listens and CARES!!!
Plano, TX – Feb 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
I'm currently 6 days off my meds thanks to the lovely services of Dr. Mech's associates. After emailing the office, calling the office multiple times, leaving voicemails, and making sure that all of these times were DURING OFFICE HOURS, I could not talk to a single human being. This is the second psych I have had this happen to. Don't take on so many patients if you can't schedule them adequately in a manner that LITERAL CRAZY PEOPLE who are at risk to themselves might go off their meds.
Lissa M. in North Richland Hills, TX – Jan 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mech?

We are devoted to providing quality comprehensive psychiatric services and delivering excellent high quality health care. Our team prides itself in our...Read more

• Addiction Psychiatry