Dr. Arnold Mech, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Arnold Mech, MD

Dr. Arnold Mech, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 40 years.

Dr. Mech's Care Philosophy

We are devoted to providing quality comprehensive psychiatric services and delivering excellent high quality health care. Our team prides itself in our expertise with both the diagnosis and treatment of the occurrence of mental illness and believes that the relationship between health care provider and patient is of the utmost importance. We take a balanced approach to go beyond symptom relief and help you find ways to revitalize your life so that you can thrive in all of your endeavors.

Dr. Mech's Experience

See how Dr. Mech's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mech

Dr. Mech accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Mech is now accepting new patients

Dr. Mech's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mech to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Mech's Performance
in Blackwell |
A VERY GREAT DOCTOR
Dallas, TX |
The receptionist and insurance coordinator in this office are not competent. They looked online to find the copay for my insurance and were shocked that I would contest the answer. When I called my provider to confirm what I knew was correct, they were clearly in shock. Furthermore, you can hear them talk about patients, I witnessed the front desk receptionist act with absolute disregard to a child with disabilities and she shrugged it off with no cares. I am very disgusted and disappointed.
in Mesquite, TX |
Dr. Meck is seeing my grandson who has had problems since childhood. He has been put on one medication after the other but nothing seemed to help. Dr. Meck's holistic approach to my grandson's care has been amazing. He did take him off his medications and is in the process of doing testing at this time. He gave him a couple of medications that are not "psychiatric" but they have helped him greatly. Finally someone who listens and helps. I did have to wait a bit but it was well worth it.
in Arlington, TX |
I have seen Dr. Mech for several years. He is very considerate and compassionate. I trust him completely.
in Plano, TX |
I arrived for my first appointment and was told the doctor had something come up YESTERDAY and wouldn't be in this morning. No one called me. The receptionist told me they could reschedule me for his next available appointment in 2 weeks. This does not seem professional. If something legitimate comes up, call the patient! Then don't offer to reschedule two weeks later when I show up on time for my first appointment!
in Aubrey, TX |
Dr. Mech and his office staff are always friendly and up beat. The staff listens to your needs and helps you thru the process. Dr. Mech gets to know you, and gives a holistic approach.
Plano, TX |
Very knowledgeable psychiatrist that actually listens and CARES!!!
in North Richland Hills, TX |
I'm currently 6 days off my meds thanks to the lovely services of Dr. Mech's associates. After emailing the office, calling the office multiple times, leaving voicemails, and making sure that all of these times were DURING OFFICE HOURS, I could not talk to a single human being. This is the second psych I have had this happen to. Don't take on so many patients if you can't schedule them adequately in a manner that LITERAL CRAZY PEOPLE who are at risk to themselves might go off their meds.
Please stay away from this doctor. I read reviews and thought the bad reviews were bitter patirnts. I saw him because I moved to the area and he was on my insurance. He did blood work on my 1st appointment and told me he was going to get me off the medications. To make a long story short, he forgot to give me my prescriptions to ween me off meds, but didn't forget the prescriptions for vitamins, I think he gets a cut. I quit seeing him, and received a bill, after ins. Paid, for $4,200.
Have you seen Dr. Arnold Mech, MD?
Are you Dr. Mech?

Compare Dr. Mech

Dr. Mech's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mech's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Child Psychiatry and Psychiatry

Dr. Mech has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mech's Board Certifications

• Addiction Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Child Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Eating Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

Loyola University Med Center
    Menninger School Psychiatry
    Loyola University Of Chicago / Stritch School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1974

Dr. Mech does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mech and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry