Dr. Arnoldo Ghitis, MD

Dr. Arnoldo Ghitis, MD

Interventional Cardiology  |

Dr. Arnoldo Ghitis, MD is an interventional cardiology doctor who practices in Plantation, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Read his story

Learn about Dr. Ghitis

See how frequently Dr. Ghitis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Heart Disease
Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
high

Dr. Ghitis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ghitis' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ghitis "Dr Ghitis received his medical degree from The Universidad del Valle, Facultad de Ciencias de Salud in Cali, Colombia. He completed his Internal Medicine training at The Jewish Hospital (now Jewish-Barnes), associated with Washington University in St. Louis Missouri. He went on to complete a Cardiology Fellowship at the University of Missouri and finally, completed an additional year as an Interventional Cardiology Fellow at the University of Oklahoma. Dr. Ghitis has multiple Board Certifications including Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology. He specializes in the treatment of most cardiac conditions including chest pains and coronary heart disease, arrhythmia, syncope and fainting, shortness of breath and congestive heart failure. Dr. Ghitis has vast experience practicing both General and Interventional Cardiology in Broward County, since 1992. For many years, he served as Director of Echocardiography and Chairman of the ECHO laboratory at Florida Medical Center. He also served as a member of the Medical Executive Committee at Westside Regional Medical Center. In addition, Dr Ghitis continues to serve as a Primary Investigator for several national and international medical research trials. His research findings have been published in various medical journals including the New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet, JAMA, and American Heart Journal, among others."

This content was provided by Dr. Ghitis "The primary care physicians and cardiologists of Heart and Health Institute bring comprehensive medical care to the Broward County community. Whether it's family care, cardiology, internal medicine, pulmonology, sleep medicine or diagnostic and laboratory testing, we are here to provide compassionate, caring and convenient services to you and your family."

• Interventional Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Edema
  • Endocarditis
  • Fall
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Myocarditis
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Pericarditis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pulmonary Edema

• 24-Hour Ambulatory Electrocardiogram
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Pulmonary Valve Surgery
  • Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Ultrasound, Abdominal Aortic
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

• University Of Missouri Hospital And Clinics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University of Oklahoma
    Other Education | Completed 1992

Dr. Ghitis has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Ghitis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ghitis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ghitis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ghitis to family and friends
Dr. Ghitis' Performance
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been under the care of Dr. Ghitis and his excellent staff since I suffered a heart attack and was taken by ambulance to West Side Hospital.... I was very fortunate that he was the doctor “on duty” that night. He saved my life. He is an excellent doctor and his staff at the Plantation office is super friendly and caring. If anyone is looking for a TOP NOTCH cardiologist office... look no more. This is it!
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
I have been under the care of Dr. Ghitis for many years now. He has performed several heart procedures on myself. I have the upmost trust in Dr. Ghitis. He His professional attitudes and demeanor is above reproach. I have literally trusted him with my life.
in Plantation, FL |
Dr. Ghitis is one of the very very best cardiologist. He is kind, patient and caring. I am very pleased that he is my cardiologist and trust my life to his knowledge and skill.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr Ghitis is an excellent Cardiologist, very informative and nice person, he takes his time and listens to all of my concerns. His entire staff were friendly, and professional. Highly recommend.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Plantation |
I met Dr Ghitis last year with a sudden issue with my heart at Westside Regional Hospital. He put me at ease immediately answering questions & explained in detail procedures needed to rectify the problem. Had followup appointment and met his staff, very professional, courteous & friendly. Most importantly the appointments were on time in the waiting room and with the doctor . I highly recommend Dr. Ghitis!
Pompano Beach, FL |
Very well run, efficient office. Dr. Ghitis explains everything thoroughly and never seems rushed, I have confidence that he is directing my care as it should be.
in Florida |
Its Aways A wonderful Pleasure To visit The Doctor and His very Helpful Staff , they are very Attentive to Your needs . Having a Heart condition could Be Very stressful . Visiting Dr Ghitis Gives Me Peace of mind . I would Like too thank the Whole Staff and Doctors for there wonderful welcome . And I would refer there Services To all . Thank You ??
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Ghitis for about 20 years. I have always found him easy to talk with. He will listen to my questions and concerns and answer them without my feeling rushed out the door.
in Ft Lauderdale |
Felieth Billings.Dr Ghitis has been my doctor for 14yrs, through God he saved my life 14yrs ago i will be forever grateful
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I find Dr. Ghitis to be very thorough and explains things fully. He takes his time with each patient
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I first saw Dr. Ghitis in June for a condition that I have from time to time where while doing nothing, my heart rate will jump to over 140 and stay there for 10 or 15 minutes. I had difficulty getting an email address from the office to send these to. I had a really bad one in January and finally got an email and an appt. During the appt. Dr asked why some said unclassified and I explained they charge to read them...he asked how much and suggested maybe I should have them read them.
Hollywood, FL |
I had a very good experience at this office. The staff is excellent & very helpful. they always have a smile. Dr. Ghitis is an excellent physician. He explains everything in a way that you understand. He is ready to answer any questions.
Best doctor, good friend,
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
A very thorough and confident doc demonstrating a commitment to perfection and patient wellbeing.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Ghitis has been very competent and caring in treating my father's pulmonary arterial hypertension. He and his wonderful staff including his medical assistant Darnelle have been instrumental in helping us obtain the proper medication as well as answering any doubts or questions regarding my Dad's care. My father and our family feel a sense of comfort and hope with Dr. Ghitis.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Not sure just what you want, I have NOT had any appointment with Dr. Ghitis, recently. Is there something that I am unaware of, happening?? All previous appointments with the doctor, have been up to my standards. Thank you Marion Peter
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I highly recommend this doctor, he did not rush the visit and took the time to study my case.
in Davie, FL |
A pleasant surprise. Great Doc with easy going personality and competent and courteous staff.
in Plantation |
Very informative , concern about my health situation, explained a diet to start to help control weight loss and a healthy life style also recommended stress test and echo exam. Very pleased thus far
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Ghitis has been my mothers doctor and now he been my doctor for the last 4 years. When I had any questions or needed an appointment, he has always been available. His office personal are always ready to help and answer any questions I my need to answer.
in Plantation, Fl |
Very professional, caring, doctor with a great sense of humor.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Provided intelligent information and suggested tests to confirm original prognosis
in Davie, Fla |
Dr. Arnold Ghitis Is a very caring person first, than a real good Doctor.
in Ft Lauderdale |
Caring Cardiologist that is patient and spends time answering all my questions.
Excellent service.
in Plantation, FL |
He is great! For many years I have been his patient; excellent bedside manner - very direct and open regarding visit results - gives excellent advice. I would recommend Dr. Ghitis to anyone!!!!
in Plantation, FL |
very relaxing explained everything in a way i can understand it the nures/ front desk staff in front and back made everything relaxing and easy and kept me smiling
Crystal River, FL |
Staff is ok Had to wait over 2 hours. I would NOT recommend Dr. Ghitis Get ready to wait for a very long time.
in Sunrise, FL |
DR GHITIS IS THE MASTER IN ANGIOPLASTY,HE SAVED MY LIFE TWICE.THERE MIGHT BE DOCTORS WHO ARE AS GOOD AS HIM,BUT KNOW ONE IS BETTER!
Have you seen Dr. Arnoldo Ghitis, MD?

Visit Dr. Ghitis

Plantation, FL 33317
Florida Medical Center
5000 W Oakland Park Blvd
Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33313

More Interventional Cardiology Specialists like Dr. Ghitis at Heart and Health Institute Westside

Cardiology Specialist