Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD

Dr. Villarreal
Telehealth services available

Southern Tier Neuromedicine

2180 S Clinton Ave Rochester, NY 14618

Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Rochester, NY and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Villarreal has more experience with Pain Management than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Panama School Med medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities Highland Hospital and Strong Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Villarreal to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD with other Pain Medicine Specialists near you

Dr. Villarreal's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Villarreal

2.4

Dr. Villarreal?
I was hesitant to see Doctor Villarreal after reading some of the reviews, but my doctor had recommended him so I went. I was given great treatment and care. Doctor V. and his staff were all attentive and professional. I had a spinal injection and the procedure was thoroughly explained to me and given almost painlessly. Everyone did their utmost to make sure I was taken care of.
Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
The dr was fine but I only saw him once or twice during the entire time I went to the practice. His nurse, Michelle Dugan, is TERRIBLE. I have many spinal issues in my neck and back and at the time that I was going there I had had one spinal fusion. I was in intense pain 24/7. She just kept prescribing anti inflammatories and antidepressants. I always scheduled my appointments on Friday afternoons as I get out of work early that day. Many times the office would call and cancel my appointments, saying that Michelle wouldn’t be there. One day I went in in agonizing pain, literally in tears, and Michelle told me she wouldn’t help me because I had canceled too many appointments. I had never canceled even ONE appointment. In tears I told her that SHE had canceled all of my appointments and she said “why would I do that?” So I left in tears, agonizing pain, and feeling like she had accused me of just trying to score pills (I wasn’t even on any painkillers the whole time I was going there).
Macie – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
I don't think you could find a doctor that could care any less than Dr Villarreal. His attitude permeates the clinic. The entire staff is demeaning and condescending. It's like they are all pissed off they have to put up with patients. During the prep for my (one and only) procedure, the prep nurse made her disdain of my profession extremely clear.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Farmington, NY – Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
I read these other reviews and I can hardly believe they are about the same people. My first visit was with Michele and Dr. Villarreal both. I was in a lot of pain, cried the whole time, and was a hot mess. They were very patient with me, explained things more than once, and gave me hope. They took the time to make sure I understood everything. Dr. Villarreal, when he gave me a nerve block, was so gentle I never felt anything. I followed their instructions, and for the first time got some help.
LW in Baldwinsville, – Feb 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
Only saw the doc once in a year. Michelle Dugan gave me the run around for a year about injections for my back. She decided on her own I did not need pains any more. Just like that. Even though I have been on them consistently for five years. This woman makes the whole practice look bad. I would not recommend this practice simply because eventually you will most likely have to deal with this hot mess who is so stressed out she will cause you more anxiety. Not make you feel better.
Daisy in fairport, ny – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
Dr. Villarreal is very experienced pain specialist. Thoroughly reviewing my chart, I trust the fact that Dr. Villarreal performs the appropriate procedure and refrains from doing unnecessary injections. His long term plan of care is very dependable. His injection technique is gentle and he takes his time. For these reasons, I highly recommend Dr. Armando Villarreal
Karen V. in Rochester, NY – Dec 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
My first visit was with Michelle Dugan. She was professional and friendly. She explained MRI findings with me. She explained my options and gave me her suggestions. She was thorough and took a lot of time with me. I was very impressed. I will follow her suggestions and continue on with this group. I only gave the recommendation four stars because I have not yet met Dr. Villarreal. I would give Michelle Dugan five stars if I could.
Margie D. in Conesus, NY – Sep 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
NP Michelle Dugan is useless. She is demeaning and condescending. Refused to listen to anything I had to say. On second visit said sent Rx to pharmacy to be filled and it wasn't. took 8.5hrs and dozens of calls to fix. A week later called and said had to come in for urinalysis. Showed up and she asked where meds were to be counted. I wasn't told to bring them. Argument ensued and was told that they would not ever be filling a Rx for me again and to leave. Find another doc, this one is useless
Calvin in Newark, NY – Sep 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
He has a kinder manner than his NP or PA. She doesn't seem to listen and is patronizing. I never feel well cared for yet am willing to try and do whatever they recommend to help my pain management. The staff in the procedure room is amazing and compassionate. Unfortunately the whole staff is not so. His NP or PA really makes the situation intolerable. He is a great doctor but you have to get treated pretty bad before you get to see him, the price you have to pay. The wait time is excessive.
Jennifier in Rochester, NY – May 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
terrible staff no one answered phone for 30 mins because i was calling them to tell them i was going to be late ...they finally answered as i was 10 mins away (45 mins after original call to the office) and told me i would have to reschedule after i just drove from buffalo to rochester 70 something miles and i get dismissed unreal ...worst people to talk to on phone ever ..
upset in Buffalo, NY – Jan 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?
Terrible, he made us feel as if my mother were faking her pain with a very dismissive non believing tone. As we informed him of her extreme discomfort he was looking elsewhere. He pushed her during his physical examination further than she could tolerate. Still acting like she was a hypochondriac. After repeated attempts at making him see she was suffering he finally opens up her chart saw the most recent mri and how her spine was swollen and inflamed.
Dec 28, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Armando Villarreal, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Villarreal?

• Pain Medicine