Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Armando Aguilera Jr, DDS
Dr. Armando Aguilera, Jr. is a native of Miami, FL. At the age of 17 he pursued his dream of serving his country and enlisted into the US Army as a combat medic and dental technician. While serving with the 25th Infantry Division he attended college in the evenings and was awarded an ROTC Scholarship to complete his pre-doctoral education. He attended the University of Miami earning a Bachelor Degree with honors and graduating first in his class as Distinguished Military Graduate. He received his commission as an Officer in the US Army and was awarded a Health Professional Scholarship to complete his Doctorate of Dental Surgery at Meharry Medical College where he also graduated with honors. Upon completion, Dr. Aguilera continued his educational endeavors by completing an Advanced Education in Dentistry in Columbus, GA. With extensive specialized military training as an Airborne (Parachutist), Air Assault (Aircraft Rappelling) and Expert Field Medical Badge qualifications, Dr. Aguilera was immediately appointed as the Division Dental Surgeon to join the elite 82nd Airborne Task Force out of Ft Bragg, NC. He served in two consecutive combat tours during Operation Enduring Freedom throughout several provinces in Afghanistan and Operation Iraqi Freedom in Baghdad, Iraq where he was recognized with multiple awards for serving valiantly while providing critical care to our wounded soldiers and during humanitarian missions in local villages. In his own words: "My most rewarding professional experience was to be given the honor to serve with heroes". Dr. Aguilera earned his certification in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, TX with extensive training in Head and Neck Trauma & Pathology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Dental & Facial Implants, Critical Care Medicine, General Anesthesia & Sedation and Dentoalveolar Surgery. This arduous training was dedicated to treating the local community of South Central, TX and our most severely wounded soldiers from Afghanistan and Iraq.

1608 Williams Dr Ste 101

Murfreesboro, TN 37129

• NovaNet
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Aguilera Jr

At the TN Center for Oral, Facial & Implant Surgery, our care is focused on the needs of our patients and their families. My team of professionals are committed to delivering the highest quality health care possible in an environment of service excellence. Compassion, Professionalism, Safety and Competence is at the core of my approach to excellent patient care. We are committed to maintaining a team that provides high quality of care through this personalized, courteous approach.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Cosmetic Procedure
  • Dental Implant
  • Teeth Extraction

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Miami
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium; Brooke Army Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Aguilera Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Aguilera Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Aguilera Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Aguilera Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Aguilera Jr to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Aguilera Jr's Performance
Murfreesboro, TN |
I cannot not express how great Dr.Aguilera is! He is incredibly sweet and professional. He even called to check on me after I had my wisdom teeth extraction. He was very patient with me, even though I was a pain to him and his staff due to nervousness. I would recommend him to any and everyone!
in Shelbyville, Tennessee |
From the moment I walked in his office I felt the warmth and kindness of each and every person in there. Dr. Aguilera was absolutely amazing. He was so professional and warm and just made me feel so calm. Each of the girls in his office were just as kind. Dr. Aguilera was an oral surgeon in the Army. That just speaks volume. He's a compassionate, kind and caring soul and I wouldn't even consider going any place else. The best dental experience I ever had! He and his staff are truly a blessing!
in Shelbyville, TN |
Dr Aguilera and his team are great. They are all highly skilled, efficient, and caring. Dr Aguilera always calls his patients at the end of the day to check on them after their procedure. How often do we see this? I had 3 extractions and 4 implants. I didn't suffer during the procedure or after. I highly recommend him.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Aguilera and his staff are exceptional, well organized, pays attention to detail, and very personable. The clinic is also very clean and they have a system that keeps things moving very efficiently. As happy and satisfied I am with my completed surgery, I will miss everyone here. I have already recommended and sent people to this awesome place! THANK YOU again for your amazing customer service!
Murfreesboro, TN |
Couldn't ask for a better oral surgeon and staff! They are so kind and caring, and Dr Aguilera really takes his time to explain everything that is going on
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Terrible. Lied about how much procedure would cost. Do not trust.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Aguilera was referred to me by my primary dentist. Being new to the area, I am having to rely on referrals. Completed paperwork at home night before on computer, appointment was next day at 9am. Arrived 15 minutes early, however still had to wait 45 minutes before seeing the doctor. Hoping next time wait won't be so long, however it was well worth it. Dr. Aguilera was very friendly and detailed. Explained game plan, recovery time, etc.. Would highly recommend to others.
in Murfreesboro, TN. |
I'm totally pleased with the care that I received by Dr. Aguilera and his staff. My dental implant was more difficult due to the bone was extremely hard. He and his staff worked a long time to have a successful outcome. So pleased with them and tell my friends about my experience there. I can't say enough great things about them as they treated me so good!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Very friendly office! The staff greets you with smiles, conversation and helps you through your medical process and questions. Dr. Aguilera is friendly and very personalable. He's very organized and procedures are effortlessly done. Highly recommend!!
Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Aguilera is by far one of the most caring and thoughtful doctors I have been around. His office is beautiful, his staff are more than accommodating, they go out of their way to help make the experience of having a procedure done very easy. I would recommend him to anyone needed an oral surgeon.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Aguilera has the most impressive background and training! His level of care is outstanding and his staff is extremely accommodating.
Have you seen Dr. Armando Aguilera Jr, DDS?
Are you Dr. Aguilera Jr?