Dermatology  |
Dr. Arisa Ortiz, MD
Arisa Ortiz, MD, is a board-certified dermatologist and director of laser and cosmetic dermatology at UC San Diego Health. She specializes in the latest noninvasive procedures, including laser skin resurfacing, dermal filler and toxin injections, body contouring, skin tightening, and the treatment of scars. Dr. Ortiz is a frequent speaker at the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, and currently serves as chair of a national aesthetic meeting. She was a guest editor for Journal of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine and serves as a reviewer for Dermatologic Surgery Journal. In addition, she has published over 30 original medical articles and chapters on new innovations in cutaneous laser surgery. She completed a laser and cosmetic dermatology fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School and Wellman Center for Photomedicine. She acquired additional fellowship training in Mohs micrographic surgery at UC San Diego. She completed her dermatology residency at UC Irvine and the Beckman Laser Institute. Dr. Ortiz earned her medical degree from Albany Medical College in New York and is board-certified in dermatology. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (FAAD). Dr. Ortiz has received many honors and awards including the 2014 Doctor’s Choice Award in dermatology for La Jolla.

8899 University Center Ln

San Diego, CA 92122

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Ortiz

Dr. Ortiz's Experience

Dr. Ortiz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for California.

• Albany Med Coll
    Medical School | Graduated 2006

Dr. Ortiz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ortiz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ortiz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ortiz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ortiz to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Ortiz's Performance
Los Angeles, CA |
If I could give zero stars I would. I had a horrible experience with Dr. Ortiz and it's not over yet. Horrible.
in California |
I had a PDT treatment on my face yesterday with Dr. Ortiz. I was treated with such disrespect by the Med tech who took me in because I didn't come in an hour earlier for levulan application. I was NOT told to come in an hour early. When I made another appointment for my hands- the receptionist again didn't tell me to arrive early. Dr. Ortiz didn't even check my face before or after the treatment. Trust me- there are a lot better Dermatologists. There is more to this story, but no more space.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr Ortiz has been invaluable to me! About a year ago I split open my cheek. 13 stitches later, I was extremely nervous and worried that I would have a huge scar for the rest of my life. Dr O treated me a few times alternating between the Halo laser and profractional. Both treatments were comfortable, fast, and, most importantly, improved my scar to barely noticeable! I couldn't thank Dr O enough! She has also treated me with botox and filler-- always making me look great without looking "done."
Encinitas, CA |
Dr. Ortiz did a fantastic job treating me with filler for early aging. I look completely natural but refreshed, and it was a very comfortable experience. I would 100% recommend her to any of my friends and family. She has a great aesthetic eye and is very knowledgeable regarding the many cosmetic options available on the market.
in San diego, CA |
"All thanks to Dr Hazim, I am here to share a good testimony of my self on how i came in contact with a real herbalist who helped me. i appreciate everyone for taken their precious time to read my testimony, 6 months ago i was diagnosed of Chronic hepatitis, this means that 6 months ago i was HERPES positive when i told one of my good friend about this, she sympathized with me and then she said that she was going to help me out, she told me that we should do some research on the Internet, we cam
in Poway, CA |
I saw Dr Ortiz for cool sculpting. She did an amazing job. Everything about the visit was great. We were called back to the room quickly. She took the time to explain the procedure and possible side effects. She answered all of my questions and really seemed to be interested in my care. I was surprised at how easy it was. I was able to play with my grandkids when I got home. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
in Poway, CA |
My mother wanted to get her age spots treated at a spa. I took her to see Dr Ortiz instead, and she was amazing. She took the time to listen to my mothers questions and went over all the options, and was very knowledgeable. My mother said it was the best treatment she had ever gotten. I highly recommend her and will likely go see her myself soon.
San Diego, CA |
Dr. Ortiz presented with a rude, unprofessional bedside manner. She was extremely condescending and began the "exam" discussing payment. Apparently, she markets laser therapy. She did not examine me or discuss the main reason for my visit. Instead, she removed suspicious tissue from my back (benign). I asked her to tell me when she was going to slice off the tissue, but she ignored my request. Her responses to my medical history statements were inappropriate and flippant.
in San Diego, CA |
She was condescending, cold, and obsessed with insurance issues, although I had the coded authorizations right in my hand. She clearly thinks she is above all of us peasants, and that we couldn't afford to pay the Bill even if there was one. Ech!!
Have you seen Dr. Arisa Ortiz, MD?
Are you Dr. Ortiz?