Dr. Ariel Zisman, MD

Dr. Ariel Zisman, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male | 48 years old

To provide the most competent, attentive and compassionate specialized care to our patients. We believe in empowering our patients through health education on their conditions and treatment options.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Zisman's Experience

See how Dr. Zisman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zisman

Dr. Zisman accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Zisman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Zisman
Dr. Zisman's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (70)
in Miami Beach, FL |
Dr. Zisman is among the best professional caregivers you will find in South Florida. He is very intelligent. He listens to his patients, and relates to their concerns. I am fortunate to have discovered his practice.
Dr. Zisman is a wonderful doctor. He has amazing bed side manners. With him , you are motivated to go the extra mile to take control of your health. He cares and that makes it powerful in an individual that deals everyday with a very dominant chronic disease. He listens, he puts himself in your shoes and he really legitimately fights with you to make things a little better.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Zisman is a very good doctor, thorough & very knowledgeable. My negative is with his office staff, rather immature & a lack of respect for the patients time. Even knowing travel time from me leaving work early & calling ahead they would tell me everything was on time. Then get to the office & have to wait over an hour. I left because he did not seem to have an regard to this fact that was reoccurring.
in Aventura |
I have seen dr Zisman a few times now. He is very patient, caring and thorough. The experience was very pleasant every time and I am sure that he cares for my well being. My husband is also seeing dr Zisman and he is also very happy with the doctor. The office help is also pleasant and helpful
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Zisman is an excellent physician. He has the patience to stay with the patients as long as they need to, he listen to all your questions and answer them with all the details you need. And the staff and the office environment are just great!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I went to my first visit today and I was very impressed by his knowledge and he took his time. He didnt rush me and answered all my questions. I'm very hopeful that with Dr.Zisman I will get the results to my health I'm looking for.
in Ft Myers, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Zisman for several years for my thyroid condition. He thoroughly examines me and reviews my labs at each visit. We discuss what medication i need and what to expect. A very caring and compassionate doctor.
in Florida |
Dr Zisman is not only a very good Dr. He is pleasant, considerate,whit great bedside manner.The staff is helpful and efficient.
in Aventura, FL |
Excellent!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Zisman, more then anything else, authentically cares about you as a patient and treats you genuinely as an individual. He is emphatic, intelligent and flexible in his diagnoses. I have recommended him to friends. Additionally I have asked him to refer me to other doctors who I found also to be very genuine people. In the US health system, these doctors are harder and rarer to find. I'm grateful to Dr Zisman.
in Miami Gardens, FL |
I like the fact that Dr. Zisman spends time with me, and his concern for me, not rushing out the room.
in Miami, FL |
Very professional. He goes out of the way to explain everything and answer all questions. He is one of the Doctors that is not constantly checking his watch. Thanks to his treatment, I was able to control my type II diabetes with minimum medication. And with his weight loss recommendations, I lost over 40 lbs and completely beat Type II diabetes.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Puntual. Organized and fact oriented Overall health evaluation and recomendations
in Miami, FL |
I've been a patient of Dr. Zisman for less than a year. He is very knowledgeable and excellent endocrinologist and caring Doctor . I would recommend him. His staff is very friendly and helpful.
in Hallandale,fl |
Hi my name is Juanita and I've been a patient of Dr. Ziisman for less than 1 year. I found Dr. Zisman because I was no longer satisfied with my present Dr. You see after 16 years of being a diabetic I came to realize that My previous Endronoligist doctor visits had become such a quick pat on the back now get out of my office on to the next patient thing. Guaranteed satisfaction!!!! Dr. Zisman is the best
in Miami, FL |
Hello ALL!!! I consider Dr Zisman to be my primary care physician. He has don an OUTSTANDING job at managing my thyroid condition. I highly recommend him!!!!
in Miami, FL |
Almost 9 years ago I had a big cyst on my thyroid , I was traveling to Australia and he did the small surgery on Thanksgiving day so I could travel safely . Since then I see him once a year and he has become my main doctor , he listens patiently and ask questions. I highly recommend him.
Truly excellent doctor. He is very knowledgeable and sincerely cares about his patients and what is best for them.
in Miami FL |
Amazing!!! A true gem of a doctor. Best endocrinologist And caring Doctor
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Truly surprise for the lack of cooperation from the Doctor and worst of all, his front office staff. After I paid in full, they have not fulfill the agreement, nor the Doctor returns calls and/or emails.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The wait did take a bit but well worth it. Very dedicated doctor and friendly staff. Might be a little too busy for such a small office but the care speaks for itself.
Hialeah, FL |
(hyperthyroid) the medical assistant on staff was so rude and nasty. now they trying to bill me for a claim that they did not submit to my insurance. I found this out when there own assistant admitted to me at the time when she called me to tell me that. now they call me months later to let me know that they reported me to the collection agency I guess it was easier to file to a collection agency.instead of doing there job and making a claim to my insurance
Have you seen Dr. Ariel Zisman, MD?
Are you Dr. Zisman?

Dr. Zisman says...

Ariel Zisman, MD, is Medical Director of the Endocrine Centers of Aventura and Coral Gables. Dr. Zisman is board certified in Internal Medicine with subspecialty certification in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. His clinical interests are in general adult endocrinology and his research interests include insulin resistance and beta-cell dysfunction in type 2 diabetes, as well as novel therapeutic strategies in diabetes.

Dr. Zisman is a member of the American Diabetes Association (ADA), the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and The Endocrine Society. He has lectured extensively and presented at various national and international meetings and medical conferences. He has published articles in peer-reviewed journals such as Diabetes, Nature Medicine, Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Journal of Clinical Investigation, and the British Medical Journal, and has authored book chapters and monographs on diabetes-related research. In addition, Dr. Zisman currently serves as ad-hoc reviewer for Diabetes, Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, American Journal of Medicine and Endocrine Practice.

Dr. Zisman was born and raised in Venezuela, and earned his medical degree with Honors (Magna Cum Laude) from the Universidad Central de Venezuela, in Caracas, where he graduated at the top of his class. He completed internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas, followed by a clinical and research fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Harvard Medical School, based at the Joslin Diabetes Center, the Beth Israel/Deaconess Medical Center and the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. He joined the University of Miami as a full-time faculty in 2000.

Dr. Zisman is the recipient of the prestigious John Miller Award for outstanding performance as a House Officer (UT Southwestern Medical School, 1997), the ADA Travel Award (1999), the Physician-Scientist Development Grant Award (University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, 2002), and has been included in the list of Best Doctors in America every year since 2005.

He started The Endocrine Center of Aventura in 2007, a premier private practice devoted to excellence in the care of patients with endocrine disorders and obesity, as well as clinical research activities. He opened a new office in Coral Gables in 2015.

Dr. Zisman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Zisman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Zisman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Zisman's Board Certifications

• Hypothyroidism
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Medullary Thyroid Cancer
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

Completed in 1997

Harvard Medical School / Joslin Diabetes Ctr

Completed in 2000

• Hebrew

Dr. Zisman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zisman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
  • Weight Loss Management

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Narrow your results

These featured providers are brought to you by and are on medical staff at: