Dr. Ariel Rad, MD

Dr. Ariel Rad, MD

Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. Ariel Rad, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Washington, DC. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Read his story

1101 15th St NW # 100

Washington, DC 20005

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Rad

See how frequently Dr. Rad performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Breast Surgical Procedure
Breast Reconstruction

Dr. Rad's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Rad's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Rad "Dr. Ariel N. Rad is a Princeton and Duke University educated, Johns Hopkins trained Board certified plastic surgeon, and he is Assistant Professor of plastic surgery at Johns Hopkins. Dr. Rad has membership with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and he is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery which, through rigorous written and oral examinations, has vetted Dr. Rad's education, training, professional qualifications, surgical competence, and ethical conduct as having met the highest standards established by these national organizations. Dr. Rad was awarded two Howard Hughes Medical Institute fellowships to conduct research at the National Institutes of Health and Duke University, as well as a three-year grant from the NIH to expand upon his pioneering work at the University of London where he completed a Ph.D. in immunology. In 2003, Dr. Rad returned to the United States to enter the training program in plastic and reconstructive surgery at Johns Hopkins. Upon completion of his training in 2009 Dr. Rad joined the full-time faculty at Johns Hopkins as Assistant Professor and Director of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery where he instructed surgeon trainees in state-of-the-art aesthetic and reconstructive techniques. Dr. Rad has published numerous journal articles and book chapters. While at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Rad and his colleagues pioneered microvascular techniques several of which only 50 surgeons worldwide are skilled to perform. Dr. Rad has lectured on his work at international meetings such as in Helsinki, Finland at the World Microsurgery Congress, the American Association of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery. Dr. Rad is dedicated to his patients and, with his wife, opened SHERBER RAD July 2014 to deliver excellent collaborative care. Together Drs. Sherber's and Rad's approach are centered on comprehensive care and patient privacy. Dr. Rad's top flight technical abilities, paired with a cultivated artistic sense, are the tools through which he is able to achieve exceptional results. He is known for his skill in microsurgery and facial aesthetic surgery, his nuanced artistic vision and caring manner."

This content was provided by Dr. Rad "In Washington, DC patients seek subtle, refined and nuanced results to portray themselves to best advantage. My patient's seek to be an improved version of themselves, not to be extremely altered.  A perfect surgical result sparks in observers the sub-conscious reaction "this person looks much better but I'm not sure why."  I endeavor to achieve this goal for each patient.

My consultative time is unhurried, so that you have a clear understanding and expectation. My surgical results are impeccable: patients enjoy long-lasting improvements with minimal, hidden scars and the least down time possible.  My care is exceptional: my staff and I provide step-by-step guidance for optimal healing and a smooth recovery.  I carefully plan my unique approach for each patient.  The artistry of my work is to restore a rested, natural appearance rather than to smooth every wrinkle or change one's identity.  Surgery is not a small undertaking, and you'll receive support and care that is unparalleled."

• Plastic Surgery

• Plastic Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Plastic Surgery*

• Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Gynecomastia
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Skin Aging

• Abdominoplasty
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Arm Reduction Surgery
  • Belt Lipectomy
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Breast Lift Surgery
  • Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Reduction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Brow Lift
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Endoscopic Brow Lift
  • Mini Tummy Tuck
  • Neck Lift
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Perforator Flap Breast Reconstruction
  • Plastic Cosmetic Surgery
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• Princeton U
  • The Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • University College London
    Other Education | Completed 2003

Dr. Rad has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Rad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rad to family and friends
Dr. Rad Says:

I am humbled and privileged to care for each of my patients, and to bring life changing improvements to their bodies and to their lives.

Dr. Rad's Performance
If you are in the market for a plastic surgeon, look no further! Dr. Rad is as good as it gets. Not only is he an incredibly skilled plastic surgeon, he is also a compassionate, caring, and gentle human being. His bedside manner truly defies any negative plastic surgeon stereotype you may have in mind. I am incredibly pleased with my rhinoplasty results and feel 100% confident recommending Dr. Rad to anyone and everyone who is considering plastic surgery.
in Leesburg, VA |
After being diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and having a bilateral mastectomy my reconstruction with a different plastic surgeon in Mclean,VA was a total disappointment. I knew that I needed to find a different surgeon to help me and that's when I decided to consult with Dr. Rad. From start to finish my experience with Dr. Rad was beyond comparison. From the initial consultation to the final results from the surgery I could not be more thankful!
in Washington, DC |
We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son's rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy - warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.
in Germantown, MD |
I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn't feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it's only been 5 weeks! He's the best!
You rarely find a person who is extremely skilled and a perfectionist yet very modest, humble, sympathetic and warm hearted with a pleasant disposition. That is Dr. Rad! I was so fortunate to have found Dr. Rad, one of the very few in the country who can do Diep Flap reconstruction. Not only the reconstruction results are excellent, the pre-surgery and post-surgery care is comforting. He is always there when needed and explains every detail with lot of patience. Thank you, Dr. Rad!
Manassas, VA |
Dr. Rad handled my reconstruction following a double mastectomy due to Stage II breast cancer. From the first consultation he helped to calm my fears and slowly and carefully discussed my options and his recommendations. It was always a pleasure to visit Dr. Rad and his staff, he has a wonderful bedside manner and is very caring and considerate. I am thrilled with my final result.
I'm so pleased to read your lovely review and know that you're now on the brighter side of breast cancer. I wish you much health in this new chapter of your life. Kind regards, Dr. Rad
in Reedville, VA |
Dr. Rad is an excellent physician both in technical terms but also in caring and concern. I am a complicated patient because of medical history and because of my size. Dr Rad was able to do a large scale abdominoplasty with liposuction that has restored my ability to function intimately and to be able to excersize with ease. Considering the over the top charges of most physicians who take insurance, Dr Rad's fee was VERY reasonable. I am grateful for his skill and the wonderful outcome.
Dear Greg, Thank you for your kind words, and I'm so pleased to have provided care resulting in improved function. Kind regards, Dr. Rad
in Arlington, VA |
I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.
Thank you, Lisa. I've enjoyed providing your care and I'm thrilled to know that your results surpassed your expectations! Kind regards, Dr. Rad
Dr. Rad was my surgeon for several reconstructive surgeries after my breast cancer diagnosis. He is compassionate, caring and a very skilled surgeon. I couldn't be happier with my results. I highly recommend him !
Thank you for your kind review. I'm so pleased to know you're happy with your results, and that you're now on the other side of breast cancer! Kind regards, Dr. Rad
Warrenton, VA |
While I applaud Dr Rad's heart for breast cancer patients, I must be honest. DIEP Flap surgery was the worst medical decision of my life. I would have been far better off to have just dealt with a bi-lateral mastectomy without reconstruction than to have endured the hell of the past 4 years following the reconstruction.
Dear Patient, I'm very sorry you feel your experience has fallen short of your expectations. I continue to be available to help you in any way I'm able. Kind regards, Dr. Rad
in Pennsylvania |
Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I've ever met! I've worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you'd hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, expertise, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can't say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I've had with him has exceeded my expectations. He's the absolute best in the business! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.
Dear KVR, I appreciate your kind words and thank you for your heartfelt review. I've enjoyed providing your care over the last 5 years. All my best, Dr. Rad
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Rad was absolutely amazing to work with. It was my first real operation and he couldn't have made the entire process (consultation to end result) anymore comfortable for me. Dr. Rad did a great job informing me, but not pushing any decisions on me. I would, and already have, recommended him to anyone!
Dear Courtney, I'm so pleased to know you had a wonderful experience. I've enjoyed providing your care and guiding you through the process. All my best, Dr. Rad
in Gainesville, VA |
Dr. Rad and his practice were above and beyond. I never felt pressured and always felt that what was prescribed was the best way to proceed. Dr. Rad listened and addressed all my questions and concerns. Dr. Rad's coordinator Stacey was awesome as well.
Dear Wade, Thank you for your kind words. I've enjoyed providing your care and I'm pleased to know your experience was exceptional. All my best, Dr. Rad
Bowie, MD |
I am very pleased with the excellent services that Dr. Rad and staff has provided.
Thank you for your kind review. My staff are exceptionally trained and I'm very proud of the care and attention they provide my patients. All my best, Dr. Rad
in Olney, MD |
Dr. Rad is a exceptionally gifted plastic surgeon who is also warm and caring. He took his time explaining the surgical procedure and expected outcomes. I was diagnosed with breast cancer which required a mastectomy. Dr. Rad explained all my options for reconstruction. I chose a DIEP Flap reconstruction. After awakening from surgery and viewing my new breast, I was able to exhale. My newly constructed breast matched my existing breast perfectly.
Dear Linda, For all of my patients I'm focused on their safety and achieving impeccable symmetry and natural results. I'm so pleased to have provided your care. All my best, Dr. Rad
in Middletown , VA |
Dr. Rad is a perfectionist! He pays attention to detail. It has been several years since my breast surgery. Surgery was 13 hours of reconstruction for my breasts. After being diagnosed with breast cancer I chose to have a bi-lateral mastectomy. Dr. Rad was my plastic surgeon. He performed delayed DIEP Flap reconstruction. Finding a doctor to take time to explaine the procedure and what to expect is a bit difficult. Dr. Rad not only is a wonderful surgeon but he is kind and caring.
Dear Wendy, Thank you for your lovely review. I'm pleased to have provided your care. All me best, Dr. Rad
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Rad is an extraordinary physician. My results (from lipo of belly/flanks) are exactly what I had hoped for (and recovery/results are exactly what he told me to expect). From start to finish I felt that I was in the best of hands, with a doctor who genuinely cared about me and was committed to the best outcome, both in terms of the cosmetic result and my health. I am very happy I found Dr. Rad and I would recommend him and his practice without reservation.
Dear LF102, I'm committed to each of my patient's comfort and impeccable results, and I'm so pleased that was evident to you in your personal journey. All my best, Dr. Rad
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Rad performed my reconstructive breast surgery. He is a very compassionate and understanding doctor, willing to spend as much time needed to help you make an informed decision. He worked with me before, during and after my breast cancer treatment to help me determine the best type of reconstruction for me after having a bilateral mastectomy. I am very pleased with the results (2 years later now) and highly recommend Dr. Rad to anyone considering breast reconstruction.
Dear Betsy, Thank you for your kind review. I'm so pleased to have guided you to the brighter side of your breast cancer journey. All my best in health, Dr. Rad
Bridgeport, CT |
Dr. Rad is a supremely skilled surgeon, his surgical ability is God-given! Dr Rad is a doctor you can put your trust in, which is hard to find nowdays. If ever there were a reason to believe there are people on this earth doing what they were meant to do, Dr. Ariel Rad is one. He brought a whole new meaning to the word hope and excellence. His surgical skills and personal demeanor are beyond comparison. Couldn't have asked for a better plastic surgeon for my breast reconstruction.
Thank you for your heartfelt words. My life's work is to guide my patients to the brighter side of their challenging journeys, and I'm so pleased to have done that for you. I wish you and your family health and happiness this holiday season and in the coming new year. All my best, Dr. Rad
in Ashburn, VA |
After a breast cancer diagnosis I wasn't sure what to do and after a recommendation from my breast surgeon Dr. Rad has been with me each step of the way. He was very thorough in his explanations of what to expect and each surgery has gone extremely well. Dr. Rad takes his time and listens. His office staff is very friendly and welcoming. Thank you.
Dear Chris, Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm proud to have provided expert care through your cancer reconstruction and I'm pleased to see you on the brighter side. I wish you and your family all my best in health and happiness this holiday season and in 2017. Dr. Rad
in Fairfax, VA |
I became a patient of Dr. Rad because I had gynecomastia that I wanted removed. The results were amazing! Dr. Rad made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. From my first consultation with him, I knew that I was with an absolute professional. He took his time in explaining exactly what my condition was, how he would remove it, and what I should expect post-surgery. I felt totally at ease even as I was walking into the operating room. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Rad!
Dear Conor, I enjoyed providing your care through a transformative surgery to an excellent result. I'm pleased to have witnessed the improvement in your body confidence as a result of my work. Congratulations and all my best in 2017. Dr. Rad
in Washington, DC |
My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of "me." As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad's skill and judgement. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, expert, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.
Dear Cathy, Thank you for sharing your experience. l have so enjoyed providing your care and guiding you to an improved version of yourself. I wish you and your family all my best in health and happiness this holiday season and in 2017. Dr. Rad
in Springfield, VA |
Dr. Rad is simply the best! I had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction surgery. Dr. Rad sat down with me for over an hour explaining the reconstruction procedure (with silicon implants), what to expect, etc. Dr. Rad's expertise is unsurpassed! Dr. Rad is an exemplary surgeon. He has a wonderful bedside manner and made me feel more at ease during this difficult time in my life. I highly recommend Dr. Rad!!! I am very happy with my results. He deserves more than five stars!
Dear Melanie, I appreciate your kind words. I'm proud to have provided your care, and I'm pleased to have supported you through a challenging time of your life. Thank you for sharing your experience. All my best in health and happiness in the years to come. Dr. Rad
Washington, DC |
Dr. Rad is an extraordinary surgeon. He is talented, compassionate and dedicated to his patients.
I so appreciate your words, as the qualities of compassion and dedication are so important to patient care. Thank you for sharing your review. All my best, Dr. Rad
in LaPlata. MD |
Back to Dr. Rad-After having facial surgery with Dr. Rad in 2012, I turned back to him when I had to make the difficult decision to have bi-lateral mastectomies. He carefully explained implant types, expectations, healing time, etc. When I woke up from surgery, he was there holding my hand. Seriously! My new breasts look natural, feel real, and he even gave me ‘nipples’. He is an incredibly kind, compassionate and gifted surgeon. And I have to admit, they actually look better than the originals.
Dear Kristina, That I helped you through a difficult chapter of life is the reward of my daily work, and I'm pleased to know that your experience was exceptional. Thank you for sharing your experience and heartfelt words. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Washington, DC |
I recently underwent surgery with Dr. Rad and could not have had a more exceptional experience. Dr. Rad takes the time to thoroughly explain his approach and answer any and all questions. He made myself and my family feel at ease throughout the experience and provided top level patient care. His eye for detail and aesthetic is amazing and I could not be happier with the results. I feel like the best version of myself thanks to Dr. Rad and would highly recommend him.
Dear Zoe, Undergoing surgery is no small matter, and it's so important that patients and their families feel at ease throughout the process. As your results will last a lifetime, I'm pleased to know that so will your happiness with the results! All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Mc Lean, VA |
Dr. Rad is the ultimate reconstructive surgery doctor. He takes ample time to explain and advise. His advice is truthful. He's patient and compassionate toward his clients . His practice is the most elegant and sophisticated I've ever experienced from Paris to New York to Los Angeles. My experience was very pleasant and I felt safe and was cared for with respect and kindness. Without any doubt he's the best reconstructive and plastic surgeon I've met anywhere
Dear Ellie, Elegance and sophistication define you, and your use of those words are that much more meaningful. For each of my patients I strive for everything you described in your heartfelt review, and I'm so pleased to have achieved this for you. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Westport, CT |
After living with a painful and problematic breast reconstruction for fifteen years, I consulted with Dr. Rad and decided to undergo diep flap surgery. The results have far exceeded my expectations and I feel like myself again. Dr. Rad is not only a skilled and talented surgeon but a kind and compassionate doctor, who treats the whole person. For me, he exemplifies medical excellence. I would highly recommend Dr. Rad to family and friends.
Dear Diane, You've shown incredible strength, not only to have persevered for 15 years in such pain, but also to have had the courage not to give up your search for correction. I'm so pleased your search lead to my care, and to see you on a brighter side. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Great Falls VA |
Dr. Rad is an excellent physician who deeply cares about his patients. He holds himself to the highest standards when it comes to his patients and practice. You can expect not only top-of-the-line treatments, but also a passionate staff to guide you through every step of the process. I would recommend Dr. Rad without the slightest reservation to whomever needs a very qualified and very experienced plastic surgeon.
Dear Maryam, I'm proud to have provided your care through your journey. It's so important that patients feel reassured, safe and supported, as undergoing surgery and recovery can feel uncertain at times. Thank you for sharing your experience. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
Oakton |
Dr Rad performed my tissue expander-to-implant reconstruction after my bilateral mastectomies. He was kind, confident, and passionate about his work. During my appointments, I felt like I was the most important patient in his practice, and I noticed that others in the waiting room felt the same way. He was easy to reach any time I had a question or concern. I felt I had a real champion for my care in Dr. Rad -- such a gift during that experience.
Thank you for sharing such heartfelt words. I'm pleased to have provided your care and during such a difficult period of life All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Oakton, Va |
Dr Rad was the surgeon who completed my reconstruction after Breast Cancer. His surgical skills and bedside manner are outstanding and his compassion during a very difficult journey was much appreciated. I would have no hesitation in sending friends or family to Dr Rad, he is simply the best.
Dear Catriona, You're right that breast cancer treatment is a long, "hard road." You've been strong throughout and it's wonderful to see you on the brighter side. Compassion and perfectionism are the cornerstones of superb care, and I'm pleased to know these qualities were evident to you in my care. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Oakton, VA |
Dr. Rad was my plastic surgeon through multiple reconstructive breast surgeries. I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Rad and his staff. I always felt well cared for and received the highest quality of care. I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgeries and highly recommend him. Dr. Rad is kind, gifted and compassionate. It's obvious he really cares about his patients and strives for the best possible outcome.
Dear Erin, Thank you for sharing your experience. I consider that great physicians strive for the best results while remaining compassionate and kind. Through perseverance you overcame many challenges and I'm so pleased to see you on the other side of breast cancer. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Stafford, VA |
At a time in your life when you feeling particularly vulnerable, You have just received the diagnosis of breast cancer, you are facing some life changing decisions and you need more than anything to place your trust in some doctors hands. Dr. Rad's hands turned out to be exactly the right place. From our first meeting he made me feel like he cared about me personally. He explained what he could do for me, how he could make me whole again after my mastectomy. Step by step he was there with me.
Dear Chris, "Vulnerable" is the perfect word to which all breast cancer patients can relate. I provide care to each of my patients as if they were family. It's satisfying to me that this was evident to you. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Mc Lean, VA |
Dr. Rad is a great doctor himself and his work is great too. He did the reconstructive surgery after my mastectomy from breast cancer and he did an amazing job. My prosthesis look natural and scars have healed well. His staff are also very friendly and I have a great experience every time I visit his beautiful office in DC.
Dear Negin, Thank you for sharing your experience. Achieving beautiful results requires careful planning. You persevered through a difficult treatment period and I'm pleased to see you on the other side. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
VA |
Dr. Rad helped me through a difficult reconstruction and helped me deal with how my life had been impacted. I'm thankful not only for his medical expertise but also for his compassion and empathy. He truly cares about his patients.
Compassion and empathy, not just exceptional surgical skill, are the cornerstones of being a great surgeon. I'm privileged to have been able to help you through a challenging time in your life. Thank you for your heartfelt words. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Mc Lean, VA |
I chose Dr Rad for my abdominoplasty in March 2016. What a great decision! I had suffered abdominal separation during childbirth. I interviewed 5 of the top area surgeons and none examined me longer than 45 seconds. Then Dr Rad spent 45 MINUTES asking health questions, doing a detailed exam and explaining risks and side effects (something many surgeons avoid). I received incredibly thorough and thoughtful care (who calls their patients twice weekly post surgery?) and my results are amazing
Thank you for sharing your experience. I, and my team, are committed to every aspect of my patients' care, from the consultation to the final post-operative visit. I'm so pleased you had a great result and an exceptional experience. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Washington, DC |
Had a facelift with Dr Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him
Dear Louise, Thank you for sharing your experience. Surgery is a serious undertaking. I focus on the safety of my patients and achieving impeccable results. I'm pleased to have provided your care. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Nellysford, VA |
With Dr Rad, you're not just a number; he is completely committed to making every treatment perfect. He and his staff make you feel like you're the only patient in the world, it's really special and so unlike other surgeons I've been to. He is warm and utterly professional plus completely resourceful as to the exact right course of action for you. I have already recommended him to friends and will continue to do so. His reputation in the medical community is outstanding as well.
Dear Amy, Thank you for sharing your experience. My and my team's focus is to give patients an exceptional experience and impeccable results. I'm pleased to know that we succeeded in this endeavor for you. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
Washington, DC |
Dr. Rad is only concerned about one thing - money. He has very little regard for the welfare of his breast cancer patients. Steer clear of Dr. Rad.
Dear Anonymous, It's regrettable you feel this way. I endeavor to provide unhurried care, exceptional surgical skill, and unmatched aesthetic results. I'm proud of my staff for providing high-touch service to each of my patients. While your concern seems to be financial, it seems none of your expectations were met. I'm interested to improve our processes so that my patients can have the best experience possible and will carefully consider your feedback. Best regards, Dr. Rad
in Fairfax |
I was highly impressed Dr. Rad's credentials and was blown away by the time he spent explaining what to expect with the liposuction procedure from beginning to end. He was able to answer all of my questions. During the day of my procedure, Dr. Rad checked on me before to make sure I was mentally and emotionally prepared. He displayed remarkable bedside manner that kept me calm. I am extremely happy with my results thus far! My confidence level is through the roof!
Dear Eva, Thank you for sharing your experience. It's important for my patients to be well informed so that they feel prepared before and after surgery. I'm very pleased to know the results of your surgery has inspired greater self confidence. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Rad and his team were invaluable to me & my family during a very stressful time when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Dr. Rad made me feel at ease and I knew I was in good hands with my reconstruction decision after my double mastectomy. His expert knowledge in the field of micro surgery was very impressive as he is one of the top surgeons in the area. He has given me back what cancer took from me. Kuddos to his wonderful staff for being kind and always answering my many calls.
Dear Elsie, I'm pleased to see you on the brighter side of a stressful period in your life. My goal is to restore each patient's body back to a symmetric and beautiful form and it's satisfying that I gave back to you what cancer took away. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Reston, VA |
I was referred to Dr. Rad for Breast Reconstruction by my Breast Surgeon at INOVA. As I had just been diagnosed with breast cancer, I was overwhelmed with information and decisions to make. Dr. Rad made it easier. His staff very efficiently scheduled my consultation and sent me information on my options. I felt very well-prepared for my consultation. His offices are very state of the art and offer great patient privacy. The results of my breast reconstruction were amazing.
Dear Mary, Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm so pleased to see you on the brighter side of an challenging journey. All my best in health and happiness, Dr. Rad
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Rad did my double mastectomy which was fine, apart from an incision that burst open. was very upset when he closed his Fairfax, Va., office w/o. notifying an established patient (me). I was told when, having made an appt., I called in search of his office, he sees patients in The District now. I felt abandoned. Another plastic surgeon is taking care of me now. Adios Ari.
Dear Carole, While my primary office did move to a DC location 20 minutes away from Fairfax, my past and current patients have full access to my care. I'm sorry the DC location seems unreachable. I am available to you should you wish follow-up care. I appreciate your feedback and I wish you all the best of health. Best regards, Dr. Rad
Have you seen Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?

Visit Dr. Rad

Dr. Rad accepts 3 insurance carriers
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc.

Hospitals where Dr. Rad has admitting privileges