Dr. Ariel Rad, MD

Dr. Rad
Telehealth services available

Sherber and Rad. LLC

1101 15th St Nw Ste 100 Washington, DC 20005

Dr. Ariel Rad, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Washington, DC. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rad to book an appointment.

Dr. Rad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rad

96.18320610687023%

Dr. Rad?
  • Listened & answered questions (124)
  • Office environment (124)
  • Staff friendliness (124)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
If I could give more than five stars, I would. Dr. Rad is absolutely amazing, From the kind and helpful staff to the elegant and private exam rooms, I felt 100% confident and comfortable with my plastic surgery experience. I had my first plastic surgery there two years ago. Dr. Rad explained the procedures to me carefully and clearly, using technical terms without talking down to me. The staff was extremely helpful in setting up the surgeries and coordinating my facial plastic surgery (deep plane neck lift and neck/chin liposuction). When I developed complications, Dr. Rad responded promptly, arranged to get me in immediately and went above and beyond to reach out to me. The office phone rolls over to his cell phone after hours, and he also called me from his beach vacation to address my concerns. He has truly set the standard for medical care for me. Also, after less than a year, the scars were completely invisible, even to an ENT examining my ears and throat closely. My face an
Kathleen – Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
I’ve had two procedures with Dr. Rad- blepharoplasty and more recently septoplasty/rhinoplasty. Whether the procedure is simple or more complex, Dr. Rad and his staff take the time to explain the details of the procedure and answer questions. Dr. Rad is patient and thoughtful during his consults and follow ups. Post procedure Dr. Rad and his team are responsive to any concerns that come up no matter how small, treating every question as important. I highly recommend Dr. Rad and his team.
M.Kishore – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
I had a number of procedures performed by Dr. Rad. He is a consummate professional with top-notch credentials. I had consulted a few plastic surgeons and he was the only one who made me feel comfortable enough to move forward. During my evaluation, he listened carefully, made thoughtful observations, and explained options. He is patient, taking the necessary time to explain the procedures, recovery, and realistic outcomes. He is committed to high safety standards. On the day of the surgery, he had a wonderful bedside manner. I was nervous but he exuded calm and I knew I was in good hands. I believe that he honestly cares about his patients and sincerely strives to ensure that they are happy with their results. He gave me exactly what I was seeking aesthetically—a “refreshed” appearance without looking “done.” His team is also top-notch, scheduling the surgery without a hitch and following up afterwards to ensure all was well. The office is pristine and refined. Recommend.
Mar 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
I went to Dr. Rad for a rhinoplasty and couldn't be more pleased with the results. The team was always easy to reach and attentive to all my concerns. The results are very natural and have given me so much confidence even just in the first 6 weeks.
Mar 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
Dr. Rad and his entire staff are incredibly thorough, responsive, so kind, and exceptional at their craft. During my initial consult, Dr. Rad sat with me for over an hour going over all the potential options I had when exploring how to achieve the look I wanted, which was a more heart-shaped face shape. Almost 2 weeks post-op, I am looking and feeling incredible. Dr. Rad was personally available for any questions I (or my husband) had pre-and post-surgery. His office reached out several times as well to check in as my healing was progressing. I am ecstatic about seeing the final look as I still have a couple more weeks of healing. The biggest relief I have from this whole experience is that I look like this is how I always looked. Even at this point, my results are so natural and seamlessly come together, nothing looks out of place or visibly "done". You absolutely get what you pay for from Dr. Rad. I don't think I can express my gratitude enough.
Chin Implant, Buccal Fat Removal, Fat Grafting – Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
Dr. Rad is an excellent surgeon.
Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
Dr. Rad is hands down the best. His office is beautiful and clean, his staff goes above and beyond, and he truly cares about his patients. If I could give him more than 5 starts I would. He was very attentive to any questions or concerns that I had leading up to my procedure, as well as following up after. His staff works really hard to continuously check up on you, and make sure all of your questions are answered. I would 100% recommend him to family & friends. Go to Dr. Rad!
Lauren Leonard – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
Dr Rad and his team are INCREDIBLE!!! The most professional team there is in DC. I had my rhinoplasty done in July and i actually would say my nose is PERFECT!!! I am a college student so they really did the best they could be scheduling me in for the summer so it wouldn’t interfere with anything and they always treated me like I was an adult throughout the entire process which I really appreciated. The whole process from the consultation to the post ops were amazing and I could not recommend a better doctor than Dr. Rad for anything!!! He even called me a couple days post op personally just to see how I was doing and that really meant a lot. They provided me with so much care and support! I had spoken to 3 other doctors in the area and Dr.Rad blew me away with his knowledge. Please please chose him if you’re looking for a doctor!!!
Anita Clifford – Nov 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
Dr. Rad truly understands aesthetics, his patients, and is great at his craft. I initially was seeking a chin augmentation but upon spending over an hour with Dr. Rad in our initial consultation, we decided that a buccal fat removal and fat grafting would complement my face and be optimal in getting the results I wanted. Needless to say, I was right in trusting Dr. Rad and I'm beyond happy with how everything turned out. You can tell Dr. Rad is a talented surgeon because my face barely bruised and I didn't even need to take prescription painkillers because my face was handled gently yet masterfully. Would 100% recommend Dr. Rad and I would not trust anyone else with my face!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Steve R. – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Rad and the team at Sherber and Rad. After considerable research, I chose Dr. Rad for my blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), and I am thrilled with the results. Dr. Rad was a pleasure to work with and made me feel comfortable throughout the consultation process, surgery, and recovery. I highly recommend him to anyone considering a cosmetic or reconstructive procedure.
David – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
Selecting Dr. Rad for my cosmetic breast augmentation was the best decision I could have made and I could not be happier with my results! My goal for this procedure was to enhance my natural shape (I started at a small C) and add some more fullness without going too large. I was very nervous about choosing the wrong size implants, but Dr. Rad patiently walked me through the process in selecting the perfect size and ultimately gave me the figure I've been dreaming of! From initial consultation to post-op care, Dr. Rad was patient, informative, comforting, and listened to my every question and concern (of which I had many). My healing process was extremely quick and the results are so natural. On top of Dr. Rad's excellent skillset and bedside manner, the entire team at Sherber and Rad goes out of their way to make sure patients are comfortable and well taken care of. My overall experience as a patient was excellent and I whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Rad as a surgeon!
Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
Dr. Rad and all of his staff was absolutely incredible. It really shows that they care! The procedure went smoothly from consultation to post-op, my results had me elated with joy! I definitely would recommend Dr. Rad for a rhinoplasty. He really changed my nose for the better yet kept me looking natural!
Chesley – Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
I am super thrilled about my rhinoplasty experience and overall outcome with Dr Rad. Highly recommend!
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Rad for your plastic surgery needs. He was very professional and his staff was very welcoming. He has impeccable credentials and puts you at ease regarding your surgery needs. His office staff is very attentive and promptly replied to all questions leading up to the surgery and afterwards. I am very thankful for the amazing work he did.
Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
Five stars aren’t enough for Dr. Rad. I had a bilateral mastectomy, DIEP flap breast construction, and hernia repair in March 2020. Cancer was a devastating diagnosis. Then, the complications that came with the COVID quarantine made it even more stressful. I am fortunate Dr. Rad led the team of physicians and nurses who operated on me during such a challenging time. At our pre-surgery consult, Dr. Rad discussed my surgical options. It’s not often you find a talented physician who has an exceptional bedside manner. He tailored a surgical approach that met all my needs. Then, weeks before the surgery, the COVID quarantine happened. Dr. Rad consulted with the hospital, my oncologist, and called me—offering to remove the cancer, but to postpone major reconstruction in order to reduce my time in the hospital. Ultimately, we decided to move ahead with our original plan. Two surgeries/ four months later, I’m not only physically and mentally fit, but doing CrossFit again.
Stacy W. – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
My rhinoplasty with Dr. Ariel Rad was one of the best decisions in my life. It was well worth coming to DC from Michigan to get the best possible specialist to do the job. Dr. Rad is very knowledgeable and very attentive. He has outstanding bedside manners in addition to his skills as a plastic surgeon. His is not just very good - he is a perfectionist with a good eye and excellent taste. If my family member or close friend needed plastic surgery, I would refer them to Dr. Rad with a confidence.
Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
He is a master and truly an amazing artist/doctor..I have an entire face & neck lift and look just like myself 20 years ago. He is patient & caring and did an amazing job. I recommend him to al my friends.
SB – Apr 09, 2020
Dear SB, To know of your happiness through this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
My best Google search ever lead me to Dr. Rad. I live 200 miles away from his office but after reading his bio and the reviews from patients it was an easy decision to have a consult. My appointment with Dr. Rad was to discuss DIEP surgery following prior double mastectomy. I had been told prior to meeting Dr. Rad I was not a candidate for my own tissue reconstruction surgery. Dr. Rad assured me that I was a surgery was scheduled. I had a ten year post mastectomy journey I would have rather not had. The surgery was a success and the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself. Dr. Rad was from the start kind thoughtful and caring. Dr. Rad has experience and knowledge as well as vision with the artistry to complete his work with the absolute best of results. A Big thank you to his staff for their professionalism and caring. Thank You Dr. Rad you are a great example of what all Doctors should be. K. Morehouse. Poquoson VA
K Morehouse – Mar 04, 2020
Thank you, Ms. Morehouse, for such kind words. To...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
I spent the better part of 2019 seeking medical advice and pursuing the prophylactic surgeries associated with having a BRCA2 gene variant. By the time I got to Dr. Rad's office for a consult, I'd already been to dozens of appointments, had multiple tests, a biopsy, and another BRCA2 associated surgery. I'd also seen another plastic surgeon who said I wasn't a candidate for a DIEP flap procedure. I viewed my first consult with Dr. Rad as just another hoop to get through because of this stupid gene variant. And then he walked in the room and from his first comment he expressed empathy for what I must be going through. I really appreciated that. That extended throughout the process of having the double mastectomy and reconstruction. He was amazing every step of the way, as was his office staff. I think the staff at the hospital even gave me better care because I was one of his patients! Everyone sang his praises. I’m also thrilled with the results of the reconstruction and tummy tuck!
Alexandra B – Feb 11, 2020
Dear Alexandra, I'm so happy to know you're...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?
Dr. Rad is a perfectionist and an artist. My surgery required addressing an area that needed repair from the last surgery done somewhere else. I was very pleased with the utmost care and time he took to treat my repair. He used a microscope to tie up small blood vessels and nerves and that alone puts him in a different category of plastic reconstructive surgeons. When working on his PhD (he has one of these too) he put back human faces that were damaged in one way or another. So who else has this talent? No one but Dr. Rad. Don't go anywhere else!! Thank you Dr. Rad
Mary Ann Choby DMD – Jan 25, 2020
Dear Dr. Choby, Thank you for your kind words....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Rad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rad?

In Washington, DC patients seek subtle, refined and nuanced results to portray themselves to best advantage. My patient's seek to be an improved version...Read more

Dr. Ariel N. Rad is a Princeton and Duke University educated, Johns Hopkins trained Board certified plastic surgeon, and he is Assistant Professor...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery