Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD

Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryFemaleAge 38

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Escondido, CA. She is affiliated with Palomar Medical Center Downtown Escondido, winner of the Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award and others. She is also affiliated with Stanford Health Care. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Arch Health Medical Group

Hidden Valley Surgical Med Group Inc.1955 Citracado Pkwy Ste 200 Escondido, CA 92029
New Patient?
Pomerado Outpatient Pavilion15611 Pomerado Rd Poway, CA 92064
    • Sat: closed
New Patient?

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Palomar Health

Dr. Palanca's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Palanca

4.4

Dr. Palanca

Dr. Ariel Palanca performed surgery on my right ankle on January 5, 2021 for chronic ankle instability, including dealing with ligament issues on both sides of my ankle and bone spurs. My problem had been going on for several years and was affecting my regular mobility, especially walking and hiking. The surgery went well and my after surgery consults were easy to plan and valuable. She always addressed my issues in a friendly and timely manner. Her team were also available to help me with questions. Dr. Palanca explained that my complete recovery could take a year, maybe something that people don't want to hear, but honest. I followed her recommendations, completed my physical therapy and worked hard. I am now (one year later) working with a trainer and back in my hiking boots! I am grateful for Dr. Palanca's skills, professionalism, willingness to answer my questions, and moral support. I definitely recommend Dr. Palanca.
Grace Lieberman – Jan 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD?
Dr. Palanca preformed surgery on my foot to remove an annoying large bunion on my big left toe and corrected two painful hammer toes on the same foot. She was outstanding. The surgery was a wonderful success. Now I am back to walking 18 holes of golf four times a week with NO PAIN. She has excellent sincere thoughtfulness for her patients. All of her estimates for recovery time were on the mark. She explained all the benefits and potential downside problems of this surgery before I decided to go forward. I am so thankful to her. Anyone considering foot surgery would be very lucky to find her.
Stephen Scherer – Jan 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD?
HORRIBLE SERVICE! While Dr. Palanca is skillful and professional, when you finally get to see her, but her front office is the most unprofessional, disorganized, disrespectful, non responsive, and poorly managed I've ever encountered! I'm finding a new Ortho doctor.
  • Long wait times
WORST SERVICE EVER! – Nov 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD?
After consulting with a Podiatrist, then a Foot and Ankle Specialist at Sharp (disaster!) I am so very grateful to have found Dr. Palanca. She is very personable and takes time to really listen and I never feel rushed by her. I had a very complex and persistent wound infection requiring surgery on my toe with subsequent IV antibiotics via a PICC line. The wound, which wouldn't heal even with going to a wound clinic, healed right up after surgery, as did the other incision and 6 months later remains fine! I highly recommend this doctor!
Lynne Bechard – Jan 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD?
The check in staff was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to get me set up for my appointment. Dr. Palanca was very professional, thorough and while she couldn't make the final diagnosis during the first visit, I trusted her instincts after asking her many questions about potential diagnosis and treatment plans. The staff was very quick to set me up with a temporary booth and clearly outlined the next steps.
Mariola Hausmann – Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD?
Dr. P was my surgeon while at Stanford, and she was fantastic. She removed a bone spur on my left foot and replaced my right ankle. While the surgery itself went great, quite honestly, the recovery was not for the faint of heart -- it was slow and pretty darn miserable. But 13 months and lots of hard work later, I am walking without pain or a limp for the first time in at least 10 years. I'm hiking, biking, gardening ballisticly, and even dancing again. Wow. No meds, not even ibuprofen. I feel GREAT. Dr. Palanca is smart, kind, encouraging, realistic, and an excellent surgeon. San Diego is lucky to have her.
The Rev. Dr. Susan Leo – Feb 08, 2020
San Diego IS lucky to have Dr. Palanca! Thank...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD?
Dr Palanca is pleasant and is patient with all my questions. I never feel rushed. I find her very compassionate and would recommend her any of my friends and family. She always has a smile.
Jan 24, 2020
Thank you so much for your 5-star review of Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD?
I went to see Dr. P on a referral from my Dr. I have pain in my big toe joint, ankles, knees, and hips. When I was in the exam room, I overheard the nurse discussing my responses to her questions with the dr. and the office staff. I overheard them all laughing about my case. I don't see anything funny about my answers, I felt very embarrassed and self-conscious about my whole visit after that. Dr. P. entered the exam room, asked a few questions, then basically told me when my pain got bad enough, (this is why I'm here. look at my records! I don't go to the doctor very often!!) schedule the surgery, which by the way, might not even take care of the pain. She said I had fallen arches, but did not offer any advice on what I could do for myself for that problem. She did not even address my concerns with my ankle, knee and hip pain. She was dismissive and not helpful at all. I have NEVER complained about a Dr. visit before. I'm shocked at how unprofessional her staff was.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Laura Rosenbusch – Jan 22, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD?
The office was always very prompt, friendly and helpful. One time I arrived 30 minutes early since I was coming from another appointment that finished early. Instead of making me wait, they did my X-rays and got me in and out early. Dr. Palanca also was helpful and gave me context around my injury. No complaints!
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ariel Palanca, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Palanca?

No malpractice claims found for California

Frequently Treated by Dr. Palanca

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Palanca treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Palanca treats other conditions, please contact the office at (858) 437-9988.

Ankle & Foot Surgery

Ankle and foot specialists diagnose and treat localized conditions such as arthritis, bunions, nerve damage, and plantar fasciitis through procedures including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Ankle & Foot Surgery specialists.

Dr. Palanca is experienced in the area of Ankle & Foot Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 32 conditions and procedures

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. Palanca accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Palanca has indicated that she accepts most major insurance carriers

(858) 437-9976Find providers who accept this insurance

Ariel Palanca, MD, received her medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She finished an orthopedic surgical...Read more

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery