Dr. Arelis Madera, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Female · Age 54

Dr. Madera

Dr. Arelis Madera, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Port Charlotte, FL and has been practicing for 24 years. She graduated from Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre Y Maestra (PUCMM), Facultad De Ciencias De La Salud in 1986 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Madera accepts

Dr. Madera accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice
Select HMO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Madera's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Aspiration or Injection of Thyroid Cyst
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Conn's Syndrome
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

3.3

Dr. Madera?
Dr. Madera's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Arelis Madera, MD
I hope the Doctor is reading her reviews. I wish I could review the actual doctor but until the staff returns my calls, 2 weeks now, I can't. The one call I did receive back was from someone very rude who basically said appointments weren't being scheduled until the end of July and hinted find somewhere else to go.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
I have made 3 phone calls to try to set up an appointment, no calls have been answered or returned. I've heard she is a good Doctor but if I can't get in touch with her that is no help to me. She came highly recommended from my old Doctor, I wonder if she is aware that her calls go unanswered and are not returned.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
Dr. Madera is a concerned, and engaging physician that cares about and for her patients. Never faulting, Scolding, or critical. Very supporting and encouraging.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
HORRIBLE STAFF. Cant understand how it is OK to yell at patients through the window and laugh at them in front of other patients. This is the problem with a monopoly. Staff said they called several times to rearrange appointment. No messages was ever received. Letter that was sent said nothing about rescheduling, only call about test results. Which I did and never got a return call. WHAT IS YOUR STAFF DOING? I guess the staff can only use the PORTAL when its convenient for them? Not a
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
Terrible doctor and worst staff. Don't even want to write about them because I'm too disgusted with the treatment my Mother got from these people. Stay as far away as possible from these people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Madeira 3 weeks ago today. I have called twice and told the doctor was reviewing the referral and I would be contacted. I have never been called to schedule or be told she would not see me. This is extremely poor customer service and I would not go for an appointment now under any circumstances! I think the Mellinium Group should check into this situation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
A bit disappointed when I could not get an appointment without a referral from a primary care physician. I do not use a primary care physician. So I need to spend $150 to go to a primary to get a referral? I have been with an endo for 3 years. Just looking to switch. Personally, I think it is a terrible policy
Absolutely the best endocrinologist I've ever had in 40 years
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
There is nothing worse than a doctor that does not listen to the patient. She told me I found my medical issue by chance and the pain I am feeling is not related. It was a very discouraging appointment by a doctor who said my thyroid was not enlarged at all and then looked at it on the ultrasound and said it's actually 3 times the size of the average persons. I am searching for a new endocrinologist. Very sad medical experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
16 years diabetic and she has been the first doctor willing to cater to my situation trying to help me get the best tools to get my A1C to where it needs to be. Very understanding of your individual needs from finacial to time schedules. In and out appointments.Would highly recomend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
Dr. Madera is knowledgeable, respectful and kind. She is realistic and professional. I am very happy to have her as my endo. As a type 1 diabetic of 51 years, I have seen many endos in my lifetime, several were excellent, but many also had terrible interpersonal skills, and I would not return to them. The office staff is cold, but I have decided to look past that because I respect and like this MD.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
Dr Madera spent quite a bit of time with me explaining my thyroid condition as well as bone health. She referred me to an excellent surgeon in Tampa. I was most impressed when she did an ultrasound of her own neck and then did mine showing me the difference. I have many thyroid nodules. I am still considering the medication she recommended for my bones. I am undergoing orthodontic work on my teeth so am unsure whether this is the right medication for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
Dr. Madera is the kind of doctor I've always wanted to have. She's my 5th and last endocrinologist. She has insight and advanced thinking to help me control my diabetes, thyroid disease and PCOS. I feel like I'm at home with her and her staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
She takes time and works with you she's very concerned for your needs she knows how to use psychology on you and at times can get you mad but I would recommend her to almost anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
Always pleasant and she gets right to the point! Great Doctor!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?
I tried to schedule an appointment with this doctor, but the office staff refused to make an appointment until I first saw a PCP, even though this is not required in my insurance plan and this doctor would have been the PCP, and the staff required that had labs done, which I have had done 1 week ago. Office staff was rude and incorporative with the patient, which makes me not want to deal with this doctor, even though the doctor is my first choice for a health care provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arelis Madera, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Madera?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Madera treats patients.