Dr. Archana Rao, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Enid, OK and has been practicing for 8 years. She specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.

Dr. Rao accepts

Dr. Rao accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Blue Shield of California
Basic PPO
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check Dr. Rao's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Rao's Top Procedures and Conditions

Abscess

Dr. Rao treats Abscess more than 89% of her peers

Dr. Rao treats this condition more than 89% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abdominal Abscess

• Diverticulosis, Intestinal
  • Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Dr. Rao?
Dr. Rao's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Archana Rao, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Rao is an exceptional doctor! She is very personable and explains everything in a manner which is clear and concise. I am going to miss her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
I have been seeing Dr.Rao for over 2 years since she took over for my former GI doctor. Even after seeing her on a regular basis it still amazes me how thorough she is with each and every visit. She spends much time in making sure that every aspect of my GI issues are covered in detail and instruction on minimizing symptoms and avoiding potential problems are well understood.. I feel very lucky to have found her..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr Rao is wonderful! She explains everything and is so thorough! Her office staff is also wonderful. Very caring. She has a great bed side manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
I am a patient of Dr. Rao and all I can say is that she is an exceptional GI Dr who is very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions which made me feel very comfortable and confident in her. I have had an upper GI scope and colonoscopy and both procedures went very well without any complications! Her office staff and hospital staff are very courteous and know their job duties and are very very caring. I rate Dr. Rao and staff 110% in everything and if you need a GI dr shes the one for u
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr. Rao is thorough and personable when treating patients. She spends time explaining medical conditions/treatments and listens and answers questions. The staff is friendly and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr. Rao, the office staff, and the surgical center staff are all excellent! I felt valued as a health care consumer and confident in the level of care I received. I would highly recommend Dr. Rao and the Memorial team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr. Rao is one of the most professional doctor and I would recommend her to anyone. She is thorough and explains everything prior to the procedure and after it is finished. I feel very comfortable in recommending her to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr Rao was professional, calm, comforting and thorough. If you need a gastroenterologist, she's great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr. Rao made me feel so at ease. She answered all my questions and really gave me a personal type treatment as if I'd known her for a long time. She was very caring and kind and made sure all bases were covered. I am very pleased to have been referred to her by my pcp. I will definitely go back to her. I had no issues after my procedure and she gave me a thorough follow up. Nice to be treated like a person and not ushered in and out like many doctors do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
My husband, John, and myself are both patients of Dr. Rao's and we adore her. She is very knowledgeable; explains everything; spends time with you and has excellent bedside manner. She is a keeper.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
This was my second Colonoscopy, and first with Dr. Rao. She was a recommended Gastroenterologist. by my Family Doctor so I had no past experience with her. She was very approachable about procedure questions and concerns. I felt very comfortable during each consult. Procedure went very well considering I had a few unusual factors to use caution over. I will definitely recommend her to friends-family. Staff was amazing as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Excellent. Most Agreeable professional that gives her patients all the time required. I have had 3 with the fourth procedure upcoming. Due to her diligence whether in the operating theatre, hospital ward or office with same hospital- Orange County Memorial, you can COUNT on her being at your side to keep you informed and and answer any concerns. Outstanding and totally recommended. John W. Boston- Patient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
My wife & I are holdovers from Dr. Policastro and were very sad to see him retire. Dr. Rao has filled his shoes nicely. She is knowledgable, patient, thorough, and has a great personality. We will be keeping her as our dr. for as long as we are on this earth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr. Rao is an intelligent, bright, genuine, and efficient gastroenterologist. Her personality is that of a friend that I have known all my life. Her knowledge is razor sharp, her patient plan is sensible and accurate. She always gives me the time I need to explain my symptoms, I never feel rushed.. She is trustworthy and I am recommending her to my family and friends if they need to see a Gastroenterologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr. Rao is a wonderful doctor who takes her time with each patient and explains every detail about anything that needs to be explained. I had an endoscopy done and she explained everything she did and even gave me pictures so I could visually see what she was describing. She has been so great with helping me get everything back on track and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a Gastrointestinal specialist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Rao to anyone I know. Dr. Rao is very friendly, not to mention thorough. I never feel like I'm just another patient she is trying to rush through; Dr. Rao took the time to get every detail about my symptoms and family history. After my procedures, Dr. Rao explained the findings, results, and treatment plan in detail. You are also given a printed summary after your visit so you have all the information. Each visit has been a positive experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Rao since she took over Dr. Policastro's patients. Dr. Rao has an excellent bedside manner. Dr. Rao explained the reports and showed great care for my well being. I highly recommend Dr. Rao.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr. Rao was pleasant and highly professional during the examination, procedure, and post procedure process. She was very knowledgeable about all possible concerns related to my procedures (throat scope and colonoscopy) and the results and answered all my questions in a easily understood manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Rao to anyone with Gastroenterology concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
Dr Rao prescribed a prep that was much easier than I had experienced in the past.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?
dr. Rao is relatable, understanding, highly knowledgeable, and very helpful. I'll definitely recommend her to all family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Archana Rao, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rao?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Rao treats patients.