Dr. Arash Vishteh, MD

Dr. Arash Vishteh, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Arash Vishteh, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Tempe, AZ. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Vishteh is affiliated with HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center, HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center and Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center.

A. Gianni Vishteh, MD, PC

• MetLife
  • State Farm
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Vishteh

See how frequently Dr. Vishteh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
Spinal Stenosis
Intervertebral Disc Disease

Dr. Vishteh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Cranial Trauma
  • Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Degenerative Spondylolisthesis
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Southern California
  • Barrow Neur Inst
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • BARROW NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Vishteh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vishteh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vishteh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Vishteh is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Vishteh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vishteh to family and friends
Dr. Vishteh's Performance
in phoenix, az |
Cervical Fusion C5 – C6. I was very fortunate to be referred to Dr. Vishteh after a MRI revealed a serious neck injury that I sustained during a fall this Spring. He and his staff quickly examined me and determined a course of treatment with additional X-rays as well as consulting with a Pain Management Specialist. When all less invasive procedures were unsuccessful I was scheduled for surgery. The procedure and resulting hospital stay were virtually painless. I cannot recommend Dr. Vishteh
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Vishteh is a phenomenal Doctor. He went above and beyond my expectations before and after my back surgery. He is kind, caring and still maintains a traditional practice which is not easily found anymore. He provides a personal level of care and I would recommend him to anyone suffering from back pain.
Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Vishteh was recommended to me by an ER RN (friend of mine) whom he was able to help. If I could give more than five stars, he deserves them all. I am in my early 30's and have had three emergent spinal surgeries with Dr. Vishteh. He is a kind, thorough, brilliant man and his staff are just as wonderful! I completely trust his decisions and feel safe in his care.
in Peoria, AZ |
My husband had a Lami of L5 & a large synovial cyst removed on 7/10/17. It took 9 months to get my husband to agree to even find out what was wrong. He doesn't like Dr's.. That has changed!! Dr. Vishteh took the time to show him physically then sat him down to review his MRI in detail. He explained what was wrong in a way that my husband understood & it made him feel very comfortable. Dr. Vishteh took his time answering questions. Surgery was success. No burning or pain in his legs. Thx U Dr V!!
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Vishteh is not only an excellent surgeon, he also is a compassionate doctor. There are a lot of excellent surgeons, but they aren't always easy to talk to nor compassionate. What I also appreciated about Dr. Vishteh, is that he is in excellent health himself and always appeared alert and full of energy. He never looked haggard or tired, which I have seen in other surgeons. He is also the head of neurosurgery at John C. Lincoln.
in cave creek,AZ |
most honest surgeon I dealt with for a lower back issue and he found a more sever issue in spine at connection to skull. going to have the lower issue done next month. thanks doc!
in Phoenix, Az |
I had a previous neck surgery in 2009. My primary physician recommended Dr. Vishteh. I could not have been happier with the care I received from Dr. Vishteh and his staff. I knew when I required a second surgery this year (2017) there was no one I would trust other than Dr. Vishteh. He makes sure you understand everything about the procedure. He takes time to listen to your concerns. Follow up care is the same. His office staff is awesome also. Wish I had more space to keep praising him!
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Vishteh and his staff are wonderful. Dr. Vishteh was the only surgeon that would schedule a surgery consult quickly. The 3 other surgeons that were recommended to me were scheduling 6 to 8 weeks out. I was in pain and Dr Vishteh's office cared and scheduled me within 3 days. They scheduled surgery quickly and now Im on the road to recovery. Thank you to Dr. Vishteh and his amazing assistant Dana.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I would Highly Recommend Dr. G Vishteh , He is the most compassionate Dr. that cares about his Patients and there Families as well..He takes his time to explain what your condition is and will Help you in anyway he can
Phoenix, AZ |
Meeting Dr Vishteh was the best experience from initial diagnosis to surgery and post surgery. Thank you doctor!!
Phoenix, AZ |
I am extremely thankful for Dr. Vishteh's expertise, kindness and care. Prior to seeing Dr Vishteh, I had experienced a delay in receiving a timely diagnosis and treatment and was in significant pain. He was referred to me by another physician. He was able to see me within a week and schedule surgery within 3 weeks. His staff is wonderful, responsive and very kind. I highly recommend this office and physician.
in Gilbert Arizona |
I had some severe pain from a previous neck surgery . I had a neck full of metal and one of the plates had moved into another disk space, causing incredible pain and loss of sleep for weeks . I was really in a bad way when Dr. Vishteh stepped in , an emergency surgery. He did what most surgeons could never do and that was take out all of the metal by himself, repaired my neck with the correct bone grafting and fixed everything that was wrong . So thankful for such a caring doctor and staff.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was concerned about the surgery but Dr. Vishteh made me feel more at ease because of his confidence and experience. I felt great right after the surgery and I'm feeling even better after a month. I could not have made a better choice of doctor. Thanks Dr. Vishteh!!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Vishteh and his staff are top-notch. The care and concern demonstrated by Dr. Vishteh and his team put me at ease through not one, but two surgeries in the span of 2 months. They patiently answered every question and never hesitated to go the extra step to help with the paperwork needed for both medical insurance and short-term disability. I hope to never need surgery such as this again, but if I do, Dr. Vishteh will be my surgeon of choice.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Vishteh came highly recommended to me by a friend just in time. My back pain was worsening almost daily to the point I could barely walk. I had tried the chiropractor, PT visits and the shots, nothing worked. My wife called the office and was amazed at the immediate help Debi was offering. She listened carefully and within an hour had the Dr view my MRI, checked my insurance and had an appointment within days. My spinal stenosis surgery was successful, I now have my life back. PAIN-FREE!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Vishteh is brilliant, he saved my daughters. Five months ago while on vacation my teenage daughter was in a car accident. She suffered from multiple vertebral fractures and a traumatic brain injury. He performed surgery to stop the bleeding on her brain. Today the scar is almost non visible and she is a happy, almost fully recovered young lady who is full of life.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Vishteh is one of those rare physicians who looks at his patient as a person with a story. He listens intently and then makes his recommendations. He was very busy when I was there, but I never felt rushed or that he was in a hurry to get to the next patient. He was with me 100 percent. The office is efficient and knowledgeable, with a very caring attitude. I find that when a doctor's office runs efficiently, it's usually because it starts from the top. Thank you Dr Vishteh.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Wonderful experience all around with doctor and staff!
in Phoenix, Az |
I literally owe my life to Dr. Vishteh. This coming September 22 will be 3 years ago that I fell 23 feet landing flat on my back the fall should have killed me.I broke 2 vertebrae completely in half and exploded a 3rd I needed emergency surgery and my chances of survival were not good my chances of ever walking again if I did survive even less.THANK GOD Dr.Vishteh was on call that day he worked on me for nearly 10 hours.needles to say I'm alive and I and I can walk I owe him and his team my life
in Phoenix, Az |
I had been in pain for several weeks. Doctors and more I found Dr Vishteh. Surgery was necessary. When I woke from surgery my pain was gone. That was 02/23/2016, physical therapy now complete, I too am completely recovered. Dr Vishteh is an amazing surgeon and person. Margie T. Phoenix, Az. Thank you Dr Vishteh! I have my life back. Also Dana and Debbie, are on there game, helping make things run smoothly. Dana has been with Dr Vishteh for eighteen years.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I saw Dr. Vishteh after my MRI showed disc herniations in my neck. Still being very functional (playing basketball, golf, jogging), I was surprised when Dr. Vishteh told me I needed cervical fusion surgery at C5-6 and 6-7. I did lots of research over the next several weeks, including two other opinions (including at the Mayo Clinic) - in the end, I ended up back with Dr. Vishteh and had surgery 3 months ago. Surgery went extremely well and feel as good as new. I highly recommend Dr. Vishteh.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
This guy is the absolute BEST doctor and surgeon I've ever had in my life. Good guy too. I'm so fortunate that I found him for my spine surgery. He's the only doctor I'd ever trust to operate on my spine. Dan Levin
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am a patient of Dr. Vishteh. I am also a Certified Surgical Assistant. As such, I do know how to judge and choose a surgeon. When I needed spinal surgery, I chose him. I did so because of his education, credentials and rapport with other patients and the operating room staff. His professionalism carries on to his office staff as well. My surgery went very well, and the pain was relieved immediately. I would highly recommend Dr. Vishteh to anyone needing spinal/brain surgery. Great man and MD
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Vishteh is a great surgeon, but what makes him stand out is his bedside manner. I believe that he truly cares for his patients as individuals. He was the only provider to educate me about my recovery and I had a very expansive team of specialists. His office staff (Dana) is also extremely available and helpful.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Anyone in need of back surgery should feel confortable with choosing Dr. Veshteh. His bedside manor and surgical skill is unsurpassed in the valley and I recommend him wholeheartedly. I give Dr. Vishteh and his staff five out of five stars. Dana, Dr. Vishteh's assistant was always cheerful and helpful with my questions and concerns and was a pleasure to work with.
in Peoria, AZ |
Excellent experience. Dr. Vishteh seemed to anticipate my questions, provide answers that were easy to understand. Dr. Vishteh gave you the tools and directions to this procedure a success.
in Phoenix AZ |
Outstanding doctor I wish all my doctors were skilled and professional as Dr. Vishteh. I had surgery on my spine it went flawlessly !!
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Vishteh was recommended by another doctor. I cannot adequately express my gratitude for the excellent care I received for the removal of a cancerous tumor from the interior of my skull. His skill and care were beyond reproach. He and his staff made every turn of events as pleasant and healing an occasion as I could expect. I felt I was bering cared for by family. I never felt alone or some kind of business-as-usual patient. This is a special doctor with staff of equal caliber.
Have you seen Dr. Arash Vishteh, MD?
Are you Dr. Vishteh?