General Surgery  |
Dr. Ara Keshishian, MD
Dr. Ara Keshishian, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Glendale, CA. He is 51 years old. Dr. Keshishian is affiliated with Delano Regional Medical Center, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and Huntington Memorial Hospital.

1808 Verdugo Blvd

Glendale, CA 91208

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Keshishian

Dr. Keshishian's Experience

Dr. Keshishian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Abdominal Surgery
  • Abdominoplasty
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Revision Gastric Restrictive Procedure
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

No malpractice history found for California.

• Disciplinary action in another state (12/8/2016)
    Action Taken: Revocation
    Summary: Keshishian, Ara MD: License # MD-16941: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician failed to disclose disciplinary action taken in other jurisdiction, which failed to comply with licensing law or rule. ACTION TAKEN: The Hawaii Medical Board issued a Final Order in which the physician's license is REVOKED for a term of 1825 days; compliance date 12/08/2021.
    State: Hawaii
  • Gross Negligence (7/11/2014)
    Action Taken: Probation
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: California
  • Disciplinary action in another state (9/11/2015)
    Action Taken: License Placed on Inactive Status
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Nevada
  • Failure to complete continuing education requirements (4/17/2015)
    Action Taken: Fine
    Summary: Keshishian, Ara MD: License #4301064092: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician has Sister State Disciplinary Action and Failure to Report/Comply. ACTION TAKEN: The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Health Care Services has imposed a FINE and issued a REPRIMAND on the physician’s license.
    State: Michigan

• Fifth Pathway / a Foreign Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated
  • St Joseph Mercy Oakland

Dr. Keshishian has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Keshishian has no media or publications listed.

• Armenian

Dr. Keshishian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Keshishian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Keshishian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Keshishian to family and friends
Dr. Keshishian's Performance
in Central Coast, CA |
My doctor gave me the option: "inject insulin forever or have a DS with Dr. Keshishian"- no other surgeon, no other Bariatric procedure". Dr K saved my future - from diabetes, possible stroke, probable heart disease and a life of self-loathing. I can truly repeat my doctor's words - only a DS and only with Dr K!
Palmdale, CA |
Dr. K is one of the best all-around Doctors I have ever met. If I could have him as my regular Dr., I would. He makes you feel comfortable & really listens to you, & answers all your questions. I DO recommend him to everyone who needs his expertise & those who don't.
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr K has amazing bedside manner, explains everything so well, gives you his cell number for emergencies and also called 2 times after my surgery to check up on me. His staff is also sweet and wonderful.
in Palm Springs, CA |
Dr. K is all about the patient! I felt comfortable with my surgery he explained everything so that I understood. Dr. K 's aftercare has been excellent, his staff is extremely friendly and makes you feel comfortable at all times. I recommend Dr. K to anyone that is considering having gastric surgery of any type.
in Florida |
Here I am today commenting as one of Dr. K's (as we all lovingly call him) very first patients. I flew across the nation for my consult as after doing extensive research, I suspected this was the doctor for me. My decision after the consult to continue with DS surgery changed my life in so many ways.Remember this was 16 1/2 years ago and without this surgery I most certainly would be debilitated today. Today I am dancing 2x a week, doing yoga, playing on the beach and counting my blessings!
in Bakersfield, CA |
I had a Duodenal Switch surgery with him in 2001. Day 1, I was impressed with his dedication to educating his patients. He treated me like a Person and not a FAT person. I certainly had participated in becoming Morbidly Obese, however, he taught me that obesity had many players and surgical intervention could help me beat it into submission. Over 15 years later, I maintain a 140 lb weight loss with no co-morbidities. In 2016 Dr. K is still accessible to me in educating and guiding to health.
in Glendale, CA |
Dr. Keshishian was very attentive to my needs. He took the time to listen to my concerns and addressed them all making me feel at ease. His bed side manner was also second to none. He has a wonderful sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Paso Robles, CA |
Dr. Ara Keshishian performed a revision WLS on me from a RNY to a DS, on May 31, 2013. I've lost 130 pounds and maintained my weight loss. Dr. K is a world renowned surgeon with impeccable skills and a heart of gold. His staff and support through his Facebook community and Website provide daily inspiration and up to date patient support and information. He is by far the best surgeon I've ever known and recommend him, his staff and his experience to anyone interested in Bariatric Surgery.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. K saved my life! He is very passionate about helping his patients, is an expert in his field, and saves the lives of his patients. His staff is awesome as well! I highly recommended Dr. K and am very happy with the Duodenal Switch procedure he does. He is the ONLY doctor that does this particular procedure in So Cal! Go see him if you are morbidly obese!
in Saint Johns, Florida |
I had a revision from RNY to DS with Dr. Keshishian. He is the most widely respected surgeon of his kind in the U.S. Always current on new research, and ever caring and available to his patients. The best.
in Bakersfield, CA |
On November 11, 2014 Dr. Keshishian performed a Gastric Sleeve operation on me at Huntington Hospital. Dr. Keshishian and the hospital staff were Outstanding. I am very grateful to Dr. Keshishian for this procedure and I have lost 85 pounds and still counting.
in Sylmar, CA |
Patient, always takes the time to answer my questions. I never feel rushed. Thorough, kind, compassionate.. Can't say enough about his bedside manners. Great doctor, great guy.
Have you seen Dr. Ara Keshishian, MD?
Are you Dr. Keshishian?