Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD

Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD

Diagnostic Radiology | Male

Prostate Laser Center 6624 Fannin St Ste 2580 Houston, TX 77030 Get Directions

Prostate cancer is challenging for a patient to face.  There are so many opinions and so many options.  I try to make it easier for my patients local and out of state.  I provide a secure and easy upload portal for their MRI, to avoid the hassle of mailing a CD and allow for faster evaluation.  I am happy to sit down with patients for as long as necessary to discuss imaging and treatment options.  My goal is catch prostate cancer early and treat it with minimal side effects using MRI guided focal laser ablation.

I studied biomedical engineering before going to medical school in order to be able to effectively apply advanced technologies for my patients.

Dr. Karamanian's Experience

See how Dr. Karamanian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Karamanian

Dr. Karamanian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karamanian to family and friends
Dr. Karamanian's Performance
in Ft Mill, SC |
Dr K and his staff are second to none and that is no exaggeration. I had Dr. K perform FLA for my BPH symptoms and I could not be happier with the care and concern he and his wonderful nurse, Samantha, showed. I would unequivocally recommend Dr. K for anything prostate related.
in Conroe, TX |
Dr. Karamanian saved my quality of life. Not much else to say. My cancer was a Gleason 7, Stage II Aggressive. If you have prostate cancer, talk with Dr. Karamanian. Listen to him. He is a straight shooter - period. He performed Laser Ablation on me 12/5/2016. In early April, I had an MRI, which showed I was 100% cancer free and I have no side effects - none! He is a great doctor and my friend. I love this guy - he gave me a new shot at life. Thanks for everything, Dr. K., Sandy S.
Sandpoint, ID |
Really takes the time to understand your problem, and explain options/outcomes. He really seems to care, and does a great job of follow up after. Even met with me on the weekend, as I was traveling to visit him from out of the area. I would give him more stars if I could.
Yuma, AZ |
Dr. Kay seemed like the only one concerned about my quality of life going forward. And he continues to deliver on those concerns with compassionate and thorough care to this day.
Frisco, TX |
Went to meet this doctor after having several extensive conversations to understand FLA for both PCa and BPH issues for men. As this doctor explained his approach of treating the prostate with Focal Laser Ablation he commented to me,"why would any doctor use a product or procedure on a patient that the doctor would not want used on himself in any procedure". His ethics and concern for patient comfort and procedure success are above any in the medical industry that I have ever witnessed
in St Louis, MO |
Today I spoke with Ara Karamanian, MD about his use of the 3T MRI scanner for identifying issues in the prostate, achieving a less invasive biopsy and a more effective surgery using FLA (Focal Laser Ablation) when it is the procedure of choice. His explanation was very helpful for me to see how how these procedures would typically have fewer or reduced side effect issues. He was very kind in his approach and offered great answers to my questions. I will be making decisions about my healthcare in
in Galveston, TX |
Very good physician. Courteous, knowledgeable, and thorough. He talked me through the entire procedure and answered all my questions. Genuinely cares.
He spent time to explain the situation and answer all my questions. He performed the procedure with minimal discomfort to me.
in Galveston, TX |
He took the time to really understand my concerns. He's a very good doctor.
Very rude and arrogant. Did nit listen to me. Just kept talking. Only concerned with his agenda. Told me he was better than my other doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Are you Dr. Karamanian?

Compare Dr. Karamanian

}

Dr. Karamanian says...

Dr. Karamanian's Care Philosophy

Dr. Karamanian says...

MRI guided focal laser ablation is a minimally invasive, outpatient treatment for prostate cancer.  We use MRI to localize the cancer and place a laser fiber directly into it under MRI guidance.  We then use MRI to measure temperature changes as we burn the cancer with the laser.  This allows tremendous precision with minimal risk of side effects.

Dr. Karamanian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Diagnostic Radiology
    •  Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology

Dr. Karamanian has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Karamanian's Board Certifications

• Diagnostic Radiology

• Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
    • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
    • Prostate Cancer

St. George's Medical School
      Mercy Health Partners
      Frank H. Netter School Of Medicine/St. Vincent's Medical Center Radiology Residency
      University Of Texas Medical Branch Interventional Radiology Fellowship
      Duke University

Dr. Karamanian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karamanian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Diagnostic Radiology
    • Vascular & Interventional Radiology

• Intraoperative MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
    • Laser Ablation