Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD

Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD

Diagnostic Radiology  |
I studied biomedical engineering before going to medical school in order to be able to effectively apply advanced technologies for my patients.

6624 Fannin St Ste 2580

Houston, TX 77030

Learn about Dr. Karamanian

Dr. Karamanian's Experience

Dr. Karamanian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Diagnostic Radiology
  • Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology

This content was provided by Dr. Karamanian "Prostate cancer is challenging for a patient to face.  There are so many opinions and so many options.  I try to make it easier for my patients local and out of state.  I provide a secure and easy upload portal for their MRI, to avoid the hassle of mailing a CD and allow for faster evaluation.  I am happy to sit down with patients for as long as necessary to discuss imaging and treatment options.  My goal is catch prostate cancer early and treat it with minimal side effects using MRI guided focal laser ablation."

• Diagnostic Radiology
  • Vascular & Interventional Radiology

• Diagnostic Radiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Radiology*

• Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Thrombosis

• Intraoperative MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Laser Ablation

• St. George's Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Mercy Health Partners
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Frank H. Netter School Of Medicine/St. Vincent's Medical Center Radiology Residency
  • University Of Texas Medical Branch Interventional Radiology Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Karamanian has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Karamanian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karamanian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Karamanian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karamanian to family and friends
Dr. Karamanian's Performance
reno |
Long story short: Awesome doctor and overall experience. Caring, communicative, innovative, skilled. Results were exactly what I was hoping for!
in Marysville |
Dr. Karamanian did FLA on my prostate gland 10/12/17. The experience is too much to document here but it can be found on Inspire.com. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Karamanian.
in Lihue, HI |
Dealing with prostate cancer is never a pleasant undertaking. However, after weeks of intense internet research, I decided to contact Dr. Karamanian to learn more about MRI guided laser ablation. It turned out to be a the best decision I could have made. I met Dr. K and his staff on May 23, 2017 at his office in Houston and was immediately made to feel more like part of a family than a patient. I found everyone to be genuinely concerned and caring about my well-being.
in Meridian, ID |
I could not have had a better Doctor! Dr Karamanian is compassionate, sympathetic and explained every step of the procedure before we got started in great detail. Nurse Samantha & Ravina were also wonderful and endearing. On our follow up visit the next day we went over results of what was done. A very beneficial outcome! Cancer is GONE!!!!!!
in Ft Myers, FL |
If you have been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, as I was – before you agree to any medical treatment – call the Prostate Laser Center, and speak with either Ara Karamanian, MD, or Samantha Scott, RN. They not only saved my life, they allowed me to continue the life I treasure at full capacity. Their care and concern for the patient is sincere, beginning with the patient’s first call, extending well-beyond the procedure, through the patient’s recovery, and his return to normal life.
in College Station, TX |
When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, I thought life had changed for good. The normal courses of treatment were unacceptable to me, and when I met Dr. Karamanian I thought it was too good to be true. Well I went from cancer to no cancer with NO side effects. Had laser ablation in Oct of 2016, MRI in June 2017 showed cancer was gone. PSA back to normal. Amazing results, painless quick procedure. Wonderful caring Dr. and staff. Everyone should at least see him before deciding treatment
in Williamsburg, VA |
An abnormal PSA test was frightening for me. I was aware that my elevated PSA report could lead to a random needle biopsy - which could also produce false negative results. Dr. Karamanian's experience with less-invasive methods allowed him to recommend a 3T MP MRI first. The results of that test allowed me to avoid a painful and less reliable TRUS biopsy. Dr. "K" was unusually generous with his time. I would not hesitate to recommend this conscientious doctor to anyone in a similar situation.
in Mayberry, Ca |
Dr Karamanian is the best. Very personable. Cant say enough about him.. Would not hesitate to have him for Fla. Wish there were more docs like him.
in Ft Mill, SC |
Dr K and his staff are second to none and that is no exaggeration. I had Dr. K perform FLA for my BPH symptoms and I could not be happier with the care and concern he and his wonderful nurse, Samantha, showed. I would unequivocally recommend Dr. K for anything prostate related.
in Conroe, TX |
Dr. Karamanian saved my quality of life. Not much else to say. My cancer was a Gleason 7, Stage II Aggressive. If you have prostate cancer, talk with Dr. Karamanian. Listen to him. He is a straight shooter - period. He performed Laser Ablation on me 12/5/2016. In early April, I had an MRI, which showed I was 100% cancer free and I have no side effects - none! He is a great doctor and my friend. I love this guy - he gave me a new shot at life. Thanks for everything, Dr. K., Sandy S.
Sandpoint, ID |
Really takes the time to understand your problem, and explain options/outcomes. He really seems to care, and does a great job of follow up after. Even met with me on the weekend, as I was traveling to visit him from out of the area. I would give him more stars if I could.
Yuma, AZ |
Dr. Kay seemed like the only one concerned about my quality of life going forward. And he continues to deliver on those concerns with compassionate and thorough care to this day.
Frisco, TX |
Went to meet this doctor after having several extensive conversations to understand FLA for both PCa and BPH issues for men. As this doctor explained his approach of treating the prostate with Focal Laser Ablation he commented to me,"why would any doctor use a product or procedure on a patient that the doctor would not want used on himself in any procedure". His ethics and concern for patient comfort and procedure success are above any in the medical industry that I have ever witnessed
in St Louis, MO |
Today I spoke with Ara Karamanian, MD about his use of the 3T MRI scanner for identifying issues in the prostate, achieving a less invasive biopsy and a more effective surgery using FLA (Focal Laser Ablation) when it is the procedure of choice. His explanation was very helpful for me to see how how these procedures would typically have fewer or reduced side effect issues. He was very kind in his approach and offered great answers to my questions. I will be making decisions about my healthcare in
in Galveston, TX |
Very good physician. Courteous, knowledgeable, and thorough. He talked me through the entire procedure and answered all my questions. Genuinely cares.
He spent time to explain the situation and answer all my questions. He performed the procedure with minimal discomfort to me.
in Galveston, TX |
He took the time to really understand my concerns. He's a very good doctor.
Very rude and arrogant. Did nit listen to me. Just kept talking. Only concerned with his agenda. Told me he was better than my other doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Are you Dr. Karamanian?