Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD

Diagnostic Radiology ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Karamanian

Prostate Laser Center

6624 Fannin St Ste 2580 Houston, TX 77030

Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD is a diagnostic radiology specialist in Houston, TX. He graduated from St. George's Medical School and specializes in diagnostic radiology and vascular & interventional radiology.

Dr. Karamanian accepts

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Karamanian treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Karamanian's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Intraoperative MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Laser Ablation
  • Prostate Biopsy
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Thrombosis
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Prostate cancer is challenging for a patient to face.  There are so many opinions and so many options.  I try to make it easier for my patients local and out of state.  I provide a secure and easy upload portal for their MRI, to avoid ...

• Diagnostic Radiology
  • Vascular & Interventional Radiology

University Of Texas Medical Branch Interventional Radiology Fellowship
Frank H. Netter School Of Medicine/St. Vincent's Medical Center Radiology Residency
Mercy Health Partners
St. George's Medical School
Duke University

Dr. Karamanian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Karamanian

Dr. Karamanian?
Dr. Karamanian's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD
Follow-up appointment for a "touch up" to previous procedure. Could not have been better. Quick appointment setting, thorough workup, expert procedure done, the usual personal follow-up phone calls. Nurse Donnie is great. May very well be the best prostate doctor in the world.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Researching the providers in my area I chose Prostate Laser Center in Houston with Dr. Ara Karamanian. Dr. Karamanian spent more than an hour on the phone with me discussing my case on more than one occasion. I spoke to every Dr. that does FLA and he was by far the most generous with his time and he was very honest about the possible risks and outcomes. In my case, saving the left nerve bundle was impossible using full organ removal or radiation and it would be very difficult even with FLA. Dr. K said he thought it was possible and he would do his best, but he could not guarantee that the nerves could be saved due complexity and location. The multiple tumors complicated my situation and I needed more time and attention than most patients and Dr. Karamanian once again was very generous. He blocked off extra time for the 3T MRI machine and allotted extra time for the procedure. Twenty one months later, I couldn’t be happier with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Outstanding! Very professional and knowledgable while treating you like family. Any time you're with him and his staff they seem to have an unlimited time to talk with you about any questions or concerns you might have. My urologist and I decided on a RP when my single cancerous tumor grew an extra mm and my PSA started increasing. Thank God I did some research online because I found Dr K's video on FLA! After the procedure I was walking around like nothing happened and no side effects! Dr Karamanian is a wonderful doctor who practices medicine the way a doctor should with professionalism, candor and compassion. He knows how to pick staff too as his nurse Donnie has the same traits as the good doctor. I highly recommend Dr Karamanian!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
After a diagnosis of severe BPH and aggressive Gleason 8 prostate cancer, my wife found Dr. Karamanian and the Prostate Laser Center online. A phone interview, an office visit, and another MRI (expertly read by Dr. K) convinced us to deny my urologist's recommendation for a radical prostatectomy and use Dr. K's laser treatment. The laser ablation went well. Recovery was uncomfortable because of the amount of tissue that had to be ablated, but only lasted about 3 months, at which time my PSA went from 6.4 to 1.6, with all BPH symptoms gone. Now at 6 months post ablation, my PSA is 2.0, no cancer detected via MRI follow-up, and all other functions are normal. Dr. Karamanian and his staff are superb. Professional, caring, accessible, and responsive to your needs. I would recommend Dr. K to any man experiencing BPH or prostate cancer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Already have recommended DR. K to others with prostrate issues. Extremely grateful I had the procedure - all systems are working as a young adult. Daily activities continued after 1 week and 4 weeks later, no issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Ara Karamanian for prostate laser ablation. It is an excellent treatment alternative to radiation or radical prostatectomy. Dr Karamanian and his nurse Donnie Sartin provided me with excellent care before, during and after my procedure. Very happy with results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
I had Laser Ablabtion with Dr. K in June 2018 for BPH. I had a very large prostate and accompanying urinary issues. I am now about 5 months post op. The results have been awesome. Urinary issues are no longer an issue in my life. Dr. K is a fantastic physician. If one was to create a model for the doctor a man would want, this is the guy. He consulted with me in depth for a few years for my elevated PSA and Gleason 6 biopsy. I can't rave enough about my care with him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
I've BPH for over 15 years. Had FLA done by Dr. K on 7/12/18. FLA went well with no complications and I have already seen a great BPH symptoms relieve, any men functions were well preserved including ED with no retro problem compare to traditional TURP . Doctor was amazing: honest, caring, detailed and very professional. He called me several time after FLA following up my condition. He is the best doctor I have ever deal with. His nurse Donnie was also great help. Would highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Dr Karamanian is the most caring and talented specialists I have ever worked with. He was able to detect and quantify my prostate cancer using real time 3T MRI when traditional biopsies had failed to detect anything. More importantly he was able to use FLA to remove the extensive cancer and one year later there has been no recurrence and my PSA has dropped substantially. The cancer Dr Karamanian ablated was severe and would certainly have become life threatening without timely removal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Age 50. I was diagnosed with stage IIA aggressive prostate cancer in Feb. 2017. Gleason 7, with 3+4 & 4+3's. I had multiple tumors in the left side of the prostate. After consulting multiple Dr.s for radiation or removal, I was terrified of the side effects and loss of function that were almost certain to occur. Fortunately, I found Dr. K and had a very successful procedure with ZERO loss of function. My quality of life has remained intact thanks to his care and skill. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
I had an enlarged Prostate and I am 8 months out of FLA and doing great. Sleeping all night and no other issues. I don't think about prostate issues anymore and that says it all. Dr. Karamanian is a very caring and kind Doctor and is wonderfully accessible and knows his craft. Donnie is awesome and very skilled and they team up just right.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Karamanian. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in December 2017. I went to specialist after specialist, all with the same recommendation, remove the prostate. My Dad had a radical prostatectomy and lived the last 25 years of his life wearing a diaper every second of every day. Wearing a diaper interested me in no way. I was referred to Dr. K and accepted his focal laser ablation recommendation. The procedure went as planned and I feel great. I still have my prostate!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
I had an FLA done by Dr. K for localized prostate cancer in June, 2018. This guy is the real deal. He spent an amazing amount of time with me via phone, in person before the procedure, and then after the procedure (showing that the tumor was just a "black hole" on the MRI). He is the best and I can highly recommend him for any man suffering from a prostate issue.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
This Doctor is an amazing professional. That he has chosen to dedicate his time to providing FLA to patients, and takes the time, the enormous time, to handle all of their needs, both emotional and physical, is a testament to his dedication to quality care. AND a gift to us all. If only all our doctors in America were permitted to function this way, and provide the necessary counseling and follow up care. I heartily recommend this man to anyone with a desire to avail themselves of FLA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Wonderful Dr. Dr Karamanian is very personable, easy to communicate. Actually calls patient to see how they are doing. I’ve never encountered such a wonderful, mannered Dr. I would be happy to recommend him to my friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Dr. Karamanian is everything I want in a doctor. Caring, extremely competent, and informative without being condescending. He and his staff took excellent care of me and I am very pleased with the outcome of my FLA procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Had FLA for PCa with Dr. Karamanian of the Prostate Laser Center in Houston in January. Extremely happy with the the outcome. Dr. Karamanian is an excellent doctor with great diagnostic skills and he performed the procedure with precision. On top of this he and his nurse Donnie are great people who really care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
To all seeking a well educated, well trained ,compassionate, understanding expert in Prostate treatment look know further, Dr. Karamanian will surpass your expectation. He is dedicated to the care and well being of his patience's . The BEST of the BEST
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Dr. Karamanian did FLA on my prostate gland 10/12/17. The experience is too much to document here but it can be found on Inspire.com. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Karamanian.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ara Karamanian, MD?
Dealing with prostate cancer is never a pleasant undertaking. However, after weeks of intense internet research, I decided to contact Dr. Karamanian to learn more about MRI guided laser ablation. It turned out to be a the best decision I could have made. I met Dr. K and his staff on May 23, 2017 at his office in Houston and was immediately made to feel more like part of a family than a patient. I found everyone to be genuinely concerned and caring about my well-being.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Karamanian?

Prostate Laser Center