Dr. Aparna Mahakala, MD

Dr. Aparna Mahakala, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Aparna Mahakala, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Lawrenceville, GA. She is 46 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

758 Old Norcross Rd Ste 175

Lawrenceville, GA 30046

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Mahakala

See how frequently Dr. Mahakala performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Diabetes Type 2
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Mahakala's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Deccan College Of Med Sc
    Medical School | Graduated 1996

Dr. Mahakala has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mahakala does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mahakala and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mahakala's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mahakala to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Mahakala's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
Atlanta, GA |
Disappointed with Dr. Mahakala's attitude. It is an hour round trip to her office and I typically wait another 30 minutes to see her for not more than about 5 minutes! Her communication style is very one-sided. She is pushy and often interrupted me when I had questions. She brushed off my questions and had a demeaning tone when I did not understand her. She would ask me questions but barely allow me to respond. It seemed like she was annoyed and wanted to push me out as quickly as possible.
Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Mahakala is a very knowledgeable physician. However, she has little to NO tolerance for people with difficulties and challenges in their lives. I found her treatment to be spot on but because I had to reschedule an appointment several times due to family emergencies, she told me point blank that I "needed to take my treatment seriously as diabetes could kill me". I tried to explain the summary of the emergencies I had been involved with and was told, "Life happens"! No way!!
in HARTWELL |
First appt. she was very nice and concerning about my levels due to my pregnancy. Second appt. was totatlly different. She was very rude and acted annoyed at my presence when all she did was check my new levels on the report and told me not to change anything. For that, I paid $75 copay! It takes me 1.5 hours to get there and she had a nasty attitude. She did not want to answer any of my questions! I wasted my time and money. I will not be returning to see her again or recommend her to anyone!
Cumming, GA |
Mock-a-la is a third rate, useless doctor who doesn't deserve to be in the business. Her knowledge and experience in this field is non existent. Avoid seeing this person like the plague! No good will come out of it!!
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr.Mahakala is very pushy and unpleasant. She didn't allow me to speak and explain myself after asking me questions. She constantly interrupted me as if I was stupid. Definitely not recommendable. No patient care/bedside manner whatsoever.
GA |
She cancelled two appointments in a row and then when my prescription ran out, she wouldn't refill it until I saw her?? BUT YOU CANCELLED MY APPT!
in Lawrenceville |
I saw Dr. M for thyroid issues. My mother has the same condition & has been on medication for 25 years. My first visit to the office was a huge disappointment. Dr. M did not listen to my concerns & suggested I see a neurologist for my foggy brain & a nutritionist for my weight gain. I saw her again after agreeing to MORE blood work & a 24 hour urine test and the visit lasted literally 3 minutes, enough for her to tell me the same as before. Huge waste of money to be in the same position.
Watkinsville, GA |
I just started seeing Dr. Mahakala last week and I love her! I like how she explained everything so thoroughly and asked several times if we had any more questions. She was very friendly and genuinely cared about my concerns. She even went out of her way to work me in for a procedure so we were able to speed up the process and hopefully find answers soon. I like a doctor that is straight forward so I would highly recommend Dr. Mahakala.
in Atlanta, GA |
Very pushy and fast not skilled and botched my procedure
in Tucker, GA |
After being with the Dr. for over 3 years I have decided to make a change. Dr. Mahakala tried to switch me to a medication that I did not want to use and without any explanation put me back on a medication that made me have severe stomach issues. Insulin was an option but the Dr. refused to prescribe without a valid reason.
Have you seen Dr. Aparna Mahakala, MD?
Are you Dr. Mahakala?