Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD

OncologyFemaleAge 51

Oncology

Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD is a Oncology Specialist in Houston, TX. Dr. Kamat has extensive experience in Gynecologic Neoplasms. She is affiliated with Houston Methodist Hospital. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD

Houston Methodist Obstetrics & Gynecology

6550 Fannin St Ste 901 Houston, TX 77030 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Oncology Specialists

Compare Dr. Kamat with our nearby Oncology Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center.

Make an appointment at HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center today at (281) 417-4665.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center.

Dr. Kamat's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kamat

4.5

Dr. Kamat

I went to Dr. Kamat on March 12, after being told by my regular gynecologist that he definitely saw cancer. One biopsy by her came back benign and the other extensive VIN III, which can indicate invasive cancer. SHE DIDN'T DO ANY STANDARD SCANS OR TESTING BEFORE SURGERY, WHICH WOULD HAVE VERIFIED METASTASIS. SHE DIDN'T OPERATE UNTIL 7/9, FOUR FULL MONTHS after I initially visited her. Per the surgical pathology I had multi focal invasive squamous cell carcinoma. Only then did she order a PET/CT scan which showed one lymph node suspicious of inflammmation, one node suspicious of cancer. I had to find an oncologist at Sugar Land Methodist to order the core biopsy of the pelvic node. Haven't seen Dr. Kamat since surgery on 7/9, and haven't heard from her for 2 weeks. That's why you ALWAYS do all scans BEFORE surgery - to biopsy regional lymph nodes and know whether to biopsy during surgery or at LEAST do a sentinel node biopsy. FIVE FULL MONTHS AND SHE STILL DOESN'T KNOW IF IT'S SPREAD!!!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Cathy Adams – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD?
Dr Kamat is a very skilled surgeon. I wish that I could give her more than 5 stars. I was referred to her so that she could remove my fibroids. Dr. Kamat removed 32 fibroids and was able to save my uterus. She and her team closely monitored and took great care of me. When I was discharged home, I never took any pain medicine at all because I didn’t need it, and I credit that to Dr. Kamat. My family couldn’t believe how independent I was so soon after having major surgery. I am very glad that I chose Dr. Kamat to be my surgeon.
Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD?
Dr. Kamat told me "this cancer is curable" and 8 years later I am still cancer free. She is warm, caring ,and is excellent at explaining treatments I highly recommend her.
Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD?
Doctor Kamat is a wonderful and caring Doctor and person. Thank you Doctor Kamat for my life.
Charlene McCranie – Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD?
I'm so glad that I chose Dr Kamat as my oncologist. She make you feel very comfortable, takes her time with you and explains so you can understand what your procedures are and why. I'm 4 years cancer free with no side effects! This is all because of Dr Kamat. She's the best!
Sue Neuendorf in Missouri City, TX – Apr 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kamat?

• Oncology

Mdanderson
West Virginia University Hosps
Seth Gs Medical College, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences

What other Oncology Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Oncology Specialists.

Does Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Kamat has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

What are Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Kamat frequently treats Gynecologic Neoplasms. See all practice areas where Dr. Kamat specializes.

Where is Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD's office located?

Dr. Kamat's office is located at 6550 Fannin St Ste 901, Houston, TX 77030. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Aparna Kamat, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Kamat

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Kamat treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Kamat treats other conditions, please contact the office at (713) 441-1026.

Gynecologic Neoplasms

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the female reproductive system, including ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer, through chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, or targeted cancer therapy.Compare with other Gynecologic Neoplasms specialists.

Dr. Kamat is experienced in the area of Gynecologic Neoplasms. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

• Colorectal Cancer
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Cancer
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Vulvectomy

Dr. Kamat accepts

Dr. Kamat accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

Houston Methodist Obstetrics & Gynecology6550 Fannin St Ste 901 Houston, TX 77030
Houston Methodist Hospital6565 Fannin St Houston, TX 77030