Psychiatry  |
Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD
Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Frisco, TX. She is 36 years old.

6842 Lebanon Rd Ste 103

Frisco, TX 75034

Learn about Dr. Iyer

See how frequently Dr. Iyer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Borderline Personality Disorder
Personality Disorders
Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Iyer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Iyer "Dr. Iyer is a firm believer in the therapeutic value of establishing a trusting and respectful relationship with her patient. With a holistic, non-judgmental and gentle approach, Dr. Iyer focuses her efforts on getting to understand the patient prior to formulating a treatment plan. Her approach is thorough, exploring a patient's biological, psychological and social factors before determining the next best step, which may or may not include medications."

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • St. George's University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Albany Medical College

Dr. Iyer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Iyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Iyer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iyer to family and friends
Dr. Iyer's Performance
Garland, TX |
My visit was for a more...shall we say controversial issue? Despite that, Dr. Iyer never made me feel uncomfortable, even when asking the necessary probing questions. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Iyer to anyone who feels in need of an evaluation, no matter that person's background or walk of life. She makes her patients feel welcome.
Prosper, TX |
My teenage son has been struggling with gender identity for the past year. He was also diagnosed with Aspbergers at a young age. After months of research I found Dr Iyer. She was knowledgeable, understanding and both my son and I felt at great ease talking to her. Wish I had the option for 10 stars, she’s WONDERFUL!!!!!!!
in Dallas, TX |
My first appointment with Dr. Iyer was such a positive experience which is so important when meeting with a new psychiatrist for the first time. It's rare for me to feel comfortable enough to be willing to speak freely and honestly with a doctor and she was very down to earth and made me feel very comfortable. I left my appointment feeling confident with our new plans and would highly recommend Dr. Iyer to anyone in need of a caring psychiatrist, which is unfortunately a rare find these days.
plano, tx |
Does not return phone calls, or emails in times of crisis/emergencies.
Plano, TX |
Dr Iyer's psychodynamic approach is very effective. She was able to get to the root of a lot of my issues just in a couple of sessions. I liked that she doesn't push medications. She is compassionate and very experienced--I completely trust her medical judgement. She came highly recommended by several physicians and I can see why.
in Frisco, Texas |
I've searched a long time online for the right psychiatrist...and all my hard work paid off. Dr. Iyer listened and made me feel closure, joy and real happiness that I haven't felt in a long time. I wish I had found her sooner. My family kept nagging. I've seen a number of psychiatrists but none of them could help me. They all just give me pills or write me off. Dr. Iyer has given me my life back. I WANT to leave my home and live life again. Seeing Dr. Iyer was the best decision of my life!!!
in Plano, TX |
Dr Iyer is very easy to talk to and genuinely cares for your wellbeing. She helps get you back on track in ways that are comfortable to you and has been a great asset in my recovery from depression.
in Frisco, TX |
She is the most sincere therapist I've met out of 6 others. She immediately makes you feel comfortable and is very easy to talk to. She want to genuinely help, not throw a bunch of pills at you. She's the same every time I see her, upbeat cheerful and fully focused on you and nothing else. She doesn't judge or create answers for you like others. She helps you understand while she does about your situation. Best Psychiatrist ever.
Dr. Iyer is a smart, very well educated, and compassionate physician. I am fortunate to have found her. I feel very comfortable discussing my problems with her. I highly recommend this psychiatrist.
in Sulphur Springs, TX |
Exceeded our expectations. Very thankful we chose Dr. Iyer after researching several providers online. My daughter was extremely nervous and apprehensive prior to her visit, however at the conclusion of her visit she felt hopeful and confident. This was a major first step for her.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr Iyer is one of the few doctors that really does care about her patients! She's really on time, she knows a lot about psychiatry, and she takes the time to know her patients. The only thing that would make her perfect, is if she went through insurance. Prices are a little high, but it's an investment in your health. I'd recommend her to anyone.
Florence, SC |
She believes in caring fur her patients despite the sacrifices she might have to make.
in Little Elm, TX |
Dr. Iyer is not only kind but extremely compassionate. I was in a very bad place when I first seen her .She is very genuine and concerned about her patients. When I walked in her office I felt extremely comfortable.(very calming) The office staff (Connie) is very friendly. They make you feel welcome as soon as you walk in. I highly recommend therapy with Dr, Iyer . .
in Frisco, TX |
I strongly recommend Dr. Iyer because she is a very dedicated doctor who listens to needs of her patient and tailors the treatment accordingly. Not only did she take away the agony or apprehension that I had as a parent with her sincere, caring approach, but she also relieved me off some of the burdens that I had been carrying over the past year in finding someone who wants to understand you by taking the time to answering any questions or concerns that I had. She is an amazing doctor!
Frisco, TX |
Dr. Iyer spends each session taking time to listen to my concerns as a patient in order to accurately piece together the underlying causes of my psychiatric needs. She has a genuine concern for my well-being and seems to truly want to tackle the psychiatric issues I face. Her approach makes it easier for me to open up about things I need to discuss and provides me reassurance that I will be able to overcome my mental setbacks. I strongly recommend Dr. Iyer for the psychiatric help she provides.
in Prosper, TX |
Dr. Iyer takes her time with you. She is very interested in your well being and provides a healthy, whole minded approach.
Have you seen Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Are you Dr. Iyer?