Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD

Psychiatry •  Female • Age 39

Dr. Iyer

Frisco Counseling and Wellness

6842 Lebanon Rd Ste 103 Frisco, TX 75034

Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Frisco, TX. Dr. Iyer has more experience with Personality Disorders than other specialists in her area. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Iyer to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

See similar Psychiatry Specialists in Frisco

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Iyer accepts

Dr. Iyer accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Personality Disorders

Personality disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect how a person thinks, feels or behaves, including narcissistic personality disorder, paranoid personality disorder, and borderline personality disorder.Compare with other Personality Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 56% more than similar doctors

Check Dr. Iyer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Iyer's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Iyer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Iyer

Dr. Iyer?
Dr. Iyer is an exceptional psychiatrist. I’ve worked with a number of psychiatrists over the years (I was diagnosed with depression at 6 years old, I am now 39) and have never encountered a physician who demonstrates this particular combination of clinical expertise, generosity of spirit, warmth and authenticity. I came to Dr. Iyer approximately six months ago with a somewhat complicated case and she has gone above and beyond in her efforts to ensure that she gives me the best, most thoroughly researched medical advice available. In addition to the work we do together, Dr. Iyer has put me in touch with several other complementary clinicians, all of whom have been excellent, and all of whom she keeps in touch with on a regular basis. To that end, Dr. Iyer, unlike most doctors, is typically quite easy to get a hold of and is extremely responsive by both phone and e-mail. I recommend Dr. Iyer highly and without reservation. I feel tremendously blessed to have found this skilled, car
Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I received Dr. Iyer's information from my OB, she came highly recommended. I sent her an email (email address pulled directly off of her website) explaining my situation and asking whether she would take me as a patient. This was 10 days ago and I have not received a response, not even an automated message.
Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Iyer for several months for PTSD. My childhood was terrible, but now I am finally at a place where I forgive my parents. Dr. Iyer is so caring and compassionate, and has made my life much better. I’ve been to many drs, but she is by far the best.
Tammy – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is outstanding and has changed my life. I came to her after learning that my AMH level was extremely low and the likelihood of having children was nearly impossible. I had gone through 3 unsuccessful fertility procedures when we met. I was physically and mentally exhausted. She thoroughly assessed me and prescribed medication that helped immensely. 6 months later I am grateful to say that I’m genuinely happy and got successful fertility results for the 1st time! I highly recommend!
TX – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Always accommodating, professional and compassionate. Was recommended to me by a fellow widow and I am extremely grateful to have her as my medical expert.
M Moore in Irving – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Very professional office with GREAT people with tremendous communication. Love Dr Iyer and her "hands on" approach. Great listener and well thought out and timely advice. Really seemed to learn about me and my problems before we tackled some difficult issues. Always took time for me and answered all questions head on.
Garry Bohne in TX, TX – Sep 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I wanted a provider who takes a holistic approach vs. overuse of medications. My first visit with Dr. Iyer & I knew I had found the right Doctor that would support my desire to use medication only when necessary & at the lowest effective dose possible. Dr. Iyer's kind & calm approach allows me to articulate how I feel much better than with providers I have seen in the past where I have felt misunderstood and never getting the right help for my anxiety disorder. Already feel worlds better!
Stephanie Taylor in Celina – Jun 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is warm, kind, and conservative in her approach. She always made herself easily available for my needs.
Jun 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is the most caring physician I have ever encountered. She is professional, extremely knowledgeable, and intuitive. Her approach to psychiatry has been beyond our expectations. Our family was introduced to her during an extreme crisis situation when our daughter's previous psychiatrist would not even return our call. As new patients, she understood our needs and the emergency nature of our initial conversation. She and her staff arranged her schedule to accommodate us! Incredible!
Plano – Jun 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is simply the best. She looks at the whole person/body before prescribing medication. I value her natural and optimistic approach She is respectful and really listens to my concerns.
May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr Iyer is the absolute best, she exhibits genuine concern in the patient's well being.
Andy in Garland – May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is very engaging and is an excellent listener. She also answers your questions in an “understandable” manner and is willing to give excellent guidance. She is prompt and reliable to communicate with your pharmacist if necessary and return your messages.
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer was very helpful and compassionate while treating me for postpartum depression struggles. She has helped me and my family tremendously and we are so thankful that we were referred to her. Highly recommend her to anyone who is seeking psychiatric care but specifically for postpartum issues.
Apr 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Iyer periodically for over a year now and cannot be any happier with her services. She is so knowledgeable and is able to talk me through different treatment plans or processes. I feel very comfortable with her and trust that I am getting the best care with her.
Frisco, TX – Mar 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I was very apprehensive prior to our first appointment but have never met a doctor that put me more at ease or has been more of a pleasure to see. It is readily apparent that Dr. Iyer not only has a genuine care for her patients but also that she is exceedingly talented in her field. She has helped me grow leaps and bounds and I could not speak more highly about my healthcare provider.
LS in Frisco, Texas – Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is a great doctor! She is very open to different processes and options, I am in the middle of a pretty uneasy medicine transition, and she has helped me tremendously. She is very accessible and encouraging. She is by far the best psychiatrist I have seen to date.
Dallas, TX – Dec 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
My visit was for a more...shall we say controversial issue? Despite that, Dr. Iyer never made me feel uncomfortable, even when asking the necessary probing questions. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Iyer to anyone who feels in need of an evaluation, no matter that person's background or walk of life. She makes her patients feel welcome.
Garland, TX – Nov 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
My teenage son has been struggling with gender identity for the past year. He was also diagnosed with Aspbergers at a young age. After months of research I found Dr Iyer. She was knowledgeable, understanding and both my son and I felt at great ease talking to her. Wish I had the option for 10 stars, she’s WONDERFUL!!!!!!!
Prosper, TX – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
My first appointment with Dr. Iyer was such a positive experience which is so important when meeting with a new psychiatrist for the first time. It's rare for me to feel comfortable enough to be willing to speak freely and honestly with a doctor and she was very down to earth and made me feel very comfortable. I left my appointment feeling confident with our new plans and would highly recommend Dr. Iyer to anyone in need of a caring psychiatrist, which is unfortunately a rare find these days.
Anna in Dallas, TX – Aug 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Does not return phone calls, or emails in times of crisis/emergencies.
plano, tx – Aug 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Iyer?

Dr. Iyer is a firm believer in the therapeutic value of establishing a trusting and respectful relationship with her patient. With a holistic, non-judgmental and gentle approach, Dr. Iyer focuses her efforts on getting to understand the patient ...Read more

• Psychiatry