Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Frisco Counseling and Wellness 6842 Lebanon Rd Ste 103 Frisco, TX 75034 Get Directions
Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD
Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Frisco, TX. She is 36 years old.

Dr. Iyer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Iyer is a firm believer in the therapeutic value of establishing a trusting and respectful relationship with her patient. With a holistic, non-judgmental and gentle approach, Dr. Iyer focuses her efforts on getting to understand the patient prior to formulating a treatment plan. Her approach is thorough, exploring a patient's biological, psychological and social factors before determining the next best step, which may or may not include medications.

Dr. Iyer's Experience

See how Dr. Iyer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Iyer

Dr. Iyer is now accepting new patients
Frisco Counseling and Wellness6842 Lebanon Rd Ste 103
Frisco, TX 75034
(972) 380-1842Get Directions

Dr. Iyer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iyer to family and friends
Dr. Iyer's Performance
in Frisco, Texas |
I've searched a long time online for the right psychiatrist...and all my hard work paid off. Dr. Iyer listened and made me feel closure, joy and real happiness that I haven't felt in a long time. I wish I had found her sooner. My family kept nagging. I've seen a number of psychiatrists but none of them could help me. They all just give me pills or write me off. Dr. Iyer has given me my life back. I WANT to leave my home and live life again. Seeing Dr. Iyer was the best decision of my life!!!
in Plano, TX |
Dr Iyer is very easy to talk to and genuinely cares for your wellbeing. She helps get you back on track in ways that are comfortable to you and has been a great asset in my recovery from depression.
in Frisco, TX |
She is the most sincere therapist I've met out of 6 others. She immediately makes you feel comfortable and is very easy to talk to. She want to genuinely help, not throw a bunch of pills at you. She's the same every time I see her, upbeat cheerful and fully focused on you and nothing else. She doesn't judge or create answers for you like others. She helps you understand while she does about your situation. Best Psychiatrist ever.
in Plano, TX |
I felt like I had support after talking with Dr. Iyer, not only did I feel relief, but I felt like there was a solution to how I have been feeling! Dr. Iyer really cares about women, and helping them through postpartum/women issues. I highly recommend her to any woman who is struggling with adjusting to being a new mom, or with any other issues!
Dr. Iyer is a smart, very well educated, and compassionate physician. I am fortunate to have found her. I feel very comfortable discussing my problems with her. I highly recommend this psychiatrist.
in Sulphur Springs, TX |
Exceeded our expectations. Very thankful we chose Dr. Iyer after researching several providers online. My daughter was extremely nervous and apprehensive prior to her visit, however at the conclusion of her visit she felt hopeful and confident. This was a major first step for her.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr Iyer is one of the few doctors that really does care about her patients! She's really on time, she knows a lot about psychiatry, and she takes the time to know her patients. The only thing that would make her perfect, is if she went through insurance. Prices are a little high, but it's an investment in your health. I'd recommend her to anyone.
Florence, SC |
She believes in caring fur her patients despite the sacrifices she might have to make.
in Little Elm, TX |
Dr. Iyer is not only kind but extremely compassionate. I was in a very bad place when I first seen her .She is very genuine and concerned about her patients. When I walked in her office I felt extremely comfortable.(very calming) The office staff (Connie) is very friendly. They make you feel welcome as soon as you walk in. I highly recommend therapy with Dr, Iyer . .
in Frisco, TX |
I strongly recommend Dr. Iyer because she is a very dedicated doctor who listens to needs of her patient and tailors the treatment accordingly. Not only did she take away the agony or apprehension that I had as a parent with her sincere, caring approach, but she also relieved me off some of the burdens that I had been carrying over the past year in finding someone who wants to understand you by taking the time to answering any questions or concerns that I had. She is an amazing doctor!
Highland Park, Texas |
Be prepared to pay an exorbitant price for VERY mediocre "care" that this doctor provides. She has extremely limited hours and is nearly impossible to get ahold of outside of your appointment. Have questions about her medical background or your treatment plan? She is not only evasive in responses but will answer extremely defensively and agitated. During your appointment she will barely scratch the surface of your patient demographics before jumping to conclude mediocre medical diagnosis. AWFUL.
Frisco, TX |
Dr. Iyer spends each session taking time to listen to my concerns as a patient in order to accurately piece together the underlying causes of my psychiatric needs. She has a genuine concern for my well-being and seems to truly want to tackle the psychiatric issues I face. Her approach makes it easier for me to open up about things I need to discuss and provides me reassurance that I will be able to overcome my mental setbacks. I strongly recommend Dr. Iyer for the psychiatric help she provides.
in Prosper, TX |
Dr. Iyer takes her time with you. She is very interested in your well being and provides a healthy, whole minded approach.
Have you seen Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Are you Dr. Iyer?

Compare Dr. Iyer

Dr. Iyer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Iyer is a firm believer in the therapeutic value of establishing a trusting and respectful relationship with her patient. With a holistic, non-judgmental and gentle approach, Dr. Iyer focuses her efforts on getting to understand the patient prior to formulating a treatment plan. Her approach is thorough, exploring a patient's biological, psychological and social factors before determining the next best step, which may or may not include medications.

Dr. Iyer says...

Dr. Iyer treats all adult mental health illnesses with a special interest in women's mental health, with a focus particularly on those patients in the peri- and post- partum stages. She enjoys working with patients of various cultural backgrounds. Dr. Iyer has expertise in working with patients who are experiencing anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, relationship issues, substance abuse and trauma. She also strives to improve the quality of life for patients who are suffering from serious medical illnesses, such as malignancies, fibromyalgia and heart disease. Her practice consists of only a small number of patients with whom she works closely.

Dr. Iyer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Iyer has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Iyer's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

St. George's University School Of Medicine
    Albany Medical College
    University Of Pennsylvania

Dr. Iyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Iyer does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Iyer and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.