Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 38

Dr. Iyer

Frisco Counseling and Wellness

6842 Lebanon Rd Ste 103 Frisco, TX 75034

Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Frisco, TX. She graduated from St. George's University School Of Medicine and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Iyer accepts

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Iyer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Iyer treats this condition more than 42% of her peers

Dr. Iyer's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Iyer is a firm believer in the therapeutic value of establishing a trusting and respectful relationship with her patient. With a holistic, non-judgmental and gentle approach, Dr. Iyer focuses her efforts on getting to understand the patient ...

• Psychiatry

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Iyer

Dr. Iyer?
Dr. Iyer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD
Dr. Iyer is outstanding and has changed my life. I came to her after learning that my AMH level was extremely low and the likelihood of having children was nearly impossible. I had gone through 3 unsuccessful fertility procedures when we met. I was physically and mentally exhausted. She thoroughly assessed me and prescribed medication that helped immensely. 6 months later I am grateful to say that I’m genuinely happy and got successful fertility results for the 1st time! I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Always accommodating, professional and compassionate. Was recommended to me by a fellow widow and I am extremely grateful to have her as my medical expert.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Very professional office with GREAT people with tremendous communication. Love Dr Iyer and her "hands on" approach. Great listener and well thought out and timely advice. Really seemed to learn about me and my problems before we tackled some difficult issues. Always took time for me and answered all questions head on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I wanted a provider who takes a holistic approach vs. overuse of medications. My first visit with Dr. Iyer & I knew I had found the right Doctor that would support my desire to use medication only when necessary & at the lowest effective dose possible. Dr. Iyer's kind & calm approach allows me to articulate how I feel much better than with providers I have seen in the past where I have felt misunderstood and never getting the right help for my anxiety disorder. Already feel worlds better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is warm, kind, and conservative in her approach. She always made herself easily available for my needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is the most caring physician I have ever encountered. She is professional, extremely knowledgeable, and intuitive. Her approach to psychiatry has been beyond our expectations. Our family was introduced to her during an extreme crisis situation when our daughter's previous psychiatrist would not even return our call. As new patients, she understood our needs and the emergency nature of our initial conversation. She and her staff arranged her schedule to accommodate us! Incredible!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is simply the best. She looks at the whole person/body before prescribing medication. I value her natural and optimistic approach She is respectful and really listens to my concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr Iyer is the absolute best, she exhibits genuine concern in the patient's well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is very engaging and is an excellent listener. She also answers your questions in an “understandable” manner and is willing to give excellent guidance. She is prompt and reliable to communicate with your pharmacist if necessary and return your messages.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer was very helpful and compassionate while treating me for postpartum depression struggles. She has helped me and my family tremendously and we are so thankful that we were referred to her. Highly recommend her to anyone who is seeking psychiatric care but specifically for postpartum issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Iyer periodically for over a year now and cannot be any happier with her services. She is so knowledgeable and is able to talk me through different treatment plans or processes. I feel very comfortable with her and trust that I am getting the best care with her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I was very apprehensive prior to our first appointment but have never met a doctor that put me more at ease or has been more of a pleasure to see. It is readily apparent that Dr. Iyer not only has a genuine care for her patients but also that she is exceedingly talented in her field. She has helped me grow leaps and bounds and I could not speak more highly about my healthcare provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is a great doctor! She is very open to different processes and options, I am in the middle of a pretty uneasy medicine transition, and she has helped me tremendously. She is very accessible and encouraging. She is by far the best psychiatrist I have seen to date.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
My visit was for a more...shall we say controversial issue? Despite that, Dr. Iyer never made me feel uncomfortable, even when asking the necessary probing questions. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Iyer to anyone who feels in need of an evaluation, no matter that person's background or walk of life. She makes her patients feel welcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
My teenage son has been struggling with gender identity for the past year. He was also diagnosed with Aspbergers at a young age. After months of research I found Dr Iyer. She was knowledgeable, understanding and both my son and I felt at great ease talking to her. Wish I had the option for 10 stars, she’s WONDERFUL!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
My first appointment with Dr. Iyer was such a positive experience which is so important when meeting with a new psychiatrist for the first time. It's rare for me to feel comfortable enough to be willing to speak freely and honestly with a doctor and she was very down to earth and made me feel very comfortable. I left my appointment feeling confident with our new plans and would highly recommend Dr. Iyer to anyone in need of a caring psychiatrist, which is unfortunately a rare find these days.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Does not return phone calls, or emails in times of crisis/emergencies.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr Iyer's psychodynamic approach is very effective. She was able to get to the root of a lot of my issues just in a couple of sessions. I liked that she doesn't push medications. She is compassionate and very experienced--I completely trust her medical judgement. She came highly recommended by several physicians and I can see why.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I've searched a long time online for the right psychiatrist...and all my hard work paid off. Dr. Iyer listened and made me feel closure, joy and real happiness that I haven't felt in a long time. I wish I had found her sooner. My family kept nagging. I've seen a number of psychiatrists but none of them could help me. They all just give me pills or write me off. Dr. Iyer has given me my life back. I WANT to leave my home and live life again. Seeing Dr. Iyer was the best decision of my life!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr Iyer is very easy to talk to and genuinely cares for your wellbeing. She helps get you back on track in ways that are comfortable to you and has been a great asset in my recovery from depression.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Iyer?