Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 41

Psychiatry

Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Frisco, TX. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD

Frisco Counseling and Wellness

6842 Lebanon Rd Ste 103 Frisco, TX 75034

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Iyer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Iyer's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Iyer performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of her peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Iyer performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of her peers

Psychological Evaluation

Dr. Iyer performs Psychological Evaluation more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Iyer's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Iyer accepts

Dr. Iyer accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
Blue Choice

Dr. Iyer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Iyer

Dr. Iyer

I have been a patient of Dr. Iyer’s for 4 years - I found her on a flyer when I moved to Texas. I found the needle in the haystack. As an individual with depression who was new to Texas, who had recently had a severe accident and nearly died and lost her father 6 months later, Dr. Iyer accepted me as a new patient at what I can say was honestly the lowest point in my life. I was a complex case to put it lightly. I have suffered depression for over 15 years with bouts of anxiety and OCD and Dr. Iyer expressed a deep care and concern for my well being and getting to a point where I could live without a dark cloud hanging over me. She is open minded and an advocate for her patients. She explores alternatives and listens to you and what you want from treatment. Dr. Iyer was always accessible and available when situations required immediate attention. In 15 years of self-discovery and multiple psychiatrists throughout the years prior, I know Dr. Iyer can put you on path to recovery.
AT – Sep 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is an extremely kind and caring physician - she treats you as an individual. She takes a global view of your situation and is not solely focused on medication. When I wanted to start weaning off meds, she was fully supportive. I highly recommend her to everyone - but especially working moms. She relates fully!
CP – Sep 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is an extremely skilled, patient physician. Above all she is yet beautiful inside out person. I always felt like home with her. I can't thanks her enough for all that she has done for me. I highly recommend her services.
Aug 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is amazing. She has changed my life. Her ability to pinpoint exactly what I need and really see me is something that no other doctor (and I have seen my share!) has been able to do. I tell her I think she can secretly read my mind! I am so lucky to have found her.
Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer has been nothing short of exceptional. Physicians like her, who care about the person as a whole, especially in her specialty, are extremely difficult to come by. She is professional, compassionate, caring and genuinely concerned for patient well-being. She has been a God-send and is an asset to the medical community. As a healthcare professional myself, I highly recommend Dr. Iyer for perinatal care. She is simply outstanding.
Jennifer R. – Aug 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr.Iyer truly cares about her patients! She makes herself available anytime you need it. She has truly made a difference in my life and I couldn’t be happier!
Kim – Aug 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is simply amazing. It's very difficult to open up to a complete stranger but Dr. Iyer immediately made me feel extremely comfortable, as if I had been talking to her for years. She is holistic in her approach and sincere in her response. Dr. Iyer was able to identify my personality type right of the bat and was able to cater the way she educated me so that I could easily understand not only what I was going through but what my next steps were. Thank you, Dr. Iyer, for all that you do!
Ashley – Aug 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
It is amazing how a good Doctor can make life seem better. Dr. Iyer saved our family in more ways than one. I am a survivor of postpartum depression that turned into a major depressive disorder. I was seeing another doctor who treated me and my family as part of an assembly line. I was just another 15 min appointment that was to be fixed by pills. At a time when life hit the hardest and some of the pills stopped working...we were left at the mercy of a brutal system that cares very little for the trauma depression brings in. We found Dr. Iyer at this time...and through her helps have found our way back. Dr. Iyer is accessible in human form. She genuinely cares and creates a plan that works. She is down into the details and works hard to understand the situation and then helps find a path forward. Medication is part of the solution...but Dr.Iyer goes far beyond that. Her empathy and compassion combined with her knowledge makes her our Doctor And Guardian Angel.
Mar 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is an exceptional psychiatrist. I’ve worked with a number of psychiatrists over the years (I was diagnosed with depression at 6 years old, I am now 39) and have never encountered a physician who demonstrates this particular combination of clinical expertise, generosity of spirit, warmth and authenticity. I came to Dr. Iyer approximately six months ago with a somewhat complicated case and she has gone above and beyond in her efforts to ensure that she gives me the best, most thoroughly researched medical advice available. In addition to the work we do together, Dr. Iyer has put me in touch with several other complementary clinicians, all of whom have been excellent, and all of whom she keeps in touch with on a regular basis. To that end, Dr. Iyer, unlike most doctors, is typically quite easy to get a hold of and is extremely responsive by both phone and e-mail. I recommend Dr. Iyer highly and without reservation. I feel tremendously blessed to have found this skilled, car
Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I received Dr. Iyer's information from my OB, she came highly recommended. I sent her an email (email address pulled directly off of her website) explaining my situation and asking whether she would take me as a patient. This was 10 days ago and I have not received a response, not even an automated message.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Iyer for several months for PTSD. My childhood was terrible, but now I am finally at a place where I forgive my parents. Dr. Iyer is so caring and compassionate, and has made my life much better. I’ve been to many drs, but she is by far the best.
Tammy – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is outstanding and has changed my life. I came to her after learning that my AMH level was extremely low and the likelihood of having children was nearly impossible. I had gone through 3 unsuccessful fertility procedures when we met. I was physically and mentally exhausted. She thoroughly assessed me and prescribed medication that helped immensely. 6 months later I am grateful to say that I’m genuinely happy and got successful fertility results for the 1st time! I highly recommend!
TX – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Always accommodating, professional and compassionate. Was recommended to me by a fellow widow and I am extremely grateful to have her as my medical expert.
M Moore in Irving – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Very professional office with GREAT people with tremendous communication. Love Dr Iyer and her "hands on" approach. Great listener and well thought out and timely advice. Really seemed to learn about me and my problems before we tackled some difficult issues. Always took time for me and answered all questions head on.
Garry Bohne in TX, TX – Sep 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
I wanted a provider who takes a holistic approach vs. overuse of medications. My first visit with Dr. Iyer & I knew I had found the right Doctor that would support my desire to use medication only when necessary & at the lowest effective dose possible. Dr. Iyer's kind & calm approach allows me to articulate how I feel much better than with providers I have seen in the past where I have felt misunderstood and never getting the right help for my anxiety disorder. Already feel worlds better!
Stephanie Taylor in Celina – Jun 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is warm, kind, and conservative in her approach. She always made herself easily available for my needs.
Jun 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is the most caring physician I have ever encountered. She is professional, extremely knowledgeable, and intuitive. Her approach to psychiatry has been beyond our expectations. Our family was introduced to her during an extreme crisis situation when our daughter's previous psychiatrist would not even return our call. As new patients, she understood our needs and the emergency nature of our initial conversation. She and her staff arranged her schedule to accommodate us! Incredible!
Plano – Jun 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is simply the best. She looks at the whole person/body before prescribing medication. I value her natural and optimistic approach She is respectful and really listens to my concerns.
May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr Iyer is the absolute best, she exhibits genuine concern in the patient's well being.
Andy in Garland – May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?
Dr. Iyer is very engaging and is an excellent listener. She also answers your questions in an “understandable” manner and is willing to give excellent guidance. She is prompt and reliable to communicate with your pharmacist if necessary and return your messages.
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Iyer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Iyer?