Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD

Dermatology ·  Female · Age 49

Dr. Ambay

360 Dermatology

2441 Oak Myrtle Lane Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD is a dermatologist in Wesley Chapel, FL and has been practicing for 15 years. She graduated from Drexel Univ Coll Of Med in 2002 and specializes in dermatology, mohs micrographic surgery, and more.

Dr. Ambay accepts

Dr. Ambay accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
BlueDental Choice
Preferred PPO
Tampa Bay CoreNet

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Ambay's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Plantar Wart
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Varicose Veins
  • Wart Removal
  • Warts

Our philosophy is that your healthcare decisions should be based on education and mutual respect. To foster that, we take time to listen to your needs and desires and to answer your questions to YOUR satisfaction.
Our practice delivers coordina...

• Dermatology

4.1

Dr. Ambay?
Dr. Ambay's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD
At one point I agreed not to post this review, if Dr. Ambay answered my questions that were outstanding for over three months. However, after another email went ignored and unanswered by Dr. Ambay’s staff, I felt it was my responsibility to inform people of the lack of professionalism, consideration and patient care I experienced in the short time I saw Dr. Ambay. I will summarize my horrendous experience by stating that Dr. Ambay lacks consideration for her patient’s time (2 out of 4 appointment I waited for almost an hour before seeing the doctor), and shows no desire to ensure patient knowledge and understanding (while asking questions, she proceed to leave the room, and it took 3 months to gets to questions I sent via the patient portal). Her sense of self is extremely inflated, given that she doesn’t feel she needs to respond to patient questions or concerns (literally looked directly at me and lied about providing the answers in writing). She also doesn’t seem to stay curre
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
Dr Ambay and 360 Dematology is awesome... What a wonderful doctor... After many years of seeing several dermatologists we truly feel that Dr Ambay provides us with the most thorough exams... My wife and I have been with Dr Ambay for a long time now and we have been pleased with the surgeries that were necessary to prevent a more serious situation... Dr Ambay's staff is friendly, efficient and caring... Bob and Lorraine Koryus
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
I have been a patient of dr. Ambay for many years, but I just had something that needed immediate attention. She was able to see me quickly and as always explained to me what was going on and gave me her immediate attention. Thank you Dr Ambay for always being here for me. I would recommend her to anyone in the New Tampa, Wesley chapel area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
Very pleasant experience. Caring and professional. Takes time to explain the issues and procedures you may be experiencing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
Dr. Ambay is the best dermatologist I have seen. I had been to a few dermatologist before her and they missed the precancerous spots on my face. She takes the time to look at your skin and listen to you. She is also an amazing cosmetic dermatologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
Dr. Ambay always performs a very thorough examination. She takes the time to answer all questions and does not make you feel like she is in a rush to get to other patients. She has performed 2 procedures on me (basal cell skin cancer) and I will be having another procedure done next week. I completely trust her advise and I'm glad to have found a dermatologist that truly cares for her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Ambay for almost 2 years. She has amazing bedside manners as well as the entire staff I have seen. Because I suffer from constant skin cancer, I go every 3 months. Over time she has come across questionable areas and I always go with her gut. She has never failed and takes no chances with my skin. Her approach is holistic with me - I have followed her advice, noticing some great changes. With 2 offices to choose from, I can always be seen easily.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
I have gotten yearly exams for many years by a very good dermatologist, that retired to be a professor at USF. I decided to try Dr. Ambay, and at my 1st appointment, she was very quick (even though I waited over an hour), briefly scanned my limbs and back, and disregarded a spot in front of my ear saying it was nothing. Now, only three months later, it is larger and scaly. When I called to see if she could re-examine it, I was told it would be another total visit. Looks like a cancer.
We are disappointed after reading about your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
Took my children to see Dr Ambay and it was a terrible experience. The 2 receptionists are rude and more interested in their gossip than helping patients. We waited 90 minutes past our scheduled appointment to see Dr Ambay. They tried to make up for this by giving us previously OPENED & USED water bottles. Called later to get a prescription and they said will call back within 24 hours....been over a week. Stay away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
It is my experience that Dr. Ambay is an excellent physician. She is clearly very well trained in her specialty, plus she is smart. Her demeanor with me was very professional and very kind and understanding. She took plenty of time to hear my view and listen to my particular situation. Her interactions with her staff was also excellent, as you could tell she treats them with respect. At my age, I don't want a song and dance, just excellent care and treatment. She nails it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
Dr. Ambay and staff are top notch. I have had skin exams and treatment for a suspected pre-cancerous spot. I have had Kybella injections in my neck to reduce submental fat. My husband has been a patient of hers for years. He has has a basal cell carcinoma removed from his arm. He has Acne Rosacea and she treats him regularly for this. She has removed Actinic Keratosis from his face and educates him on cancer prevention measures. Nothing she cannot handle.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
I absolutely love Dr. ambay!!! She is professional and caring but most importantly amazing with her talent. She has an excellent bedside manner. She's warm and friendly. Her staff is nothing short of amazing. This is the only place I'd trust any cosmetic procedures!!! A definite yes!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
Recommended expensive products sold at the office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
I can't say enough good things about this practice and it is just what we need in our booming Wesley Chapel area. Dr. Ambay and her staff are friendly and down to earth. She takes extra time to thoroughly explain the treatment so you feel at ease and my results are amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
i am so thankful that I was referred to Dr Ambay by someone who had a skin cancer removed . When I heard the wonderful things he told me I had to meet this special Dr Well I have been a patient ever since ! I have never met a Dr before that doesn't rush and really cares about each patient. I have since referred all my friends and family She truly is a blessing ! Dr Ambay is also amazing with Botox and fillers :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
Dr. Ambay & her staff are very professional & courteous. The minute you walk into the office you are acknowledged with a smile & friendly face. Many physician offices seem annoyed when you walk in like you are a bother to them. Dr. Ambay is the full package, a great caring physician with a down to earth approach. She is very knowledgeable and trust her tremendously on her recommendations. I had a couple procedures done & was so impressed with the outcome. Results exactly what I was hoping for.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
I had a nose biopsy done by Dr Ambay that resulted in Basal cell carcinoma. She explained I would need MOHS surgery and I scheduled the appointment. I did seek a 2nd opinion from Moffitt, but in the end I looked into Dr Ambays background and found she was well trained and experienced in MOHS. I'm happy I stuck with Dr Ambay. She did an amazing job and my nose is healing extremely well. I believe Dr Ambay is technically skilled, but also understands your concerns with cosmetic results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
Had a biopsy on Mon 3/13/17 was told results would be in on 3/17 called on 17th was told results were on the Doctors desk & she has to sign off on them before I can get them, no call that day no call all next week so I went to office Fri 3/24 was told oh the Doctors on vacation & won't be back till 3/27 it is now 3/28/2017 still have not heard form the Doctors office, this is not professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
I met with Dr. Aparna Ambay and asked her what her qualifications were (I needed a MOH's procedure) and she told me I have to be comfortable with the doctor I pick to do the procedure but that she also has to be comfortable with the patient. I thought that was weird to say that and later that day I got a call on my voice mail from her office saying I needed to find another MD for my procedure because their office is moving. Never offering to reschedule, but only to go see another dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aparna Ambay, MD?
The moment I entered the office of 360 Dermatology, I was greeted by friendly faces and the office environment was beautiful with shining wooden flooring. Dr. Ambay is a lovely person whose smile never leaves her face. She is professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and excellent at what she does. I highly recommend her as she is a good listener, trust worthy and explains the medical condition in layman's term.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ambay?