Dr. Anup Patel, MD

Dr. Anup Patel, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 38

Telehealth services available

Dr. Anup Patel, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Orlando, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Osceola Regional Medical Center and Adventhealth Orlando. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Patel to book an appointment.

Orlando Hand Surgery Associates, Orlando, FL

New Patient?
Orlando Hand Surgery Associates801 N Orange Ave Orlando, FL 32801
    • Sat: closed

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel?
*Multiple Doctors over the past 16 - 17 years kept giving me steroid shots with no hopes of long-term relief. Dr. Patel has me feeling excellent 2 weeks post-op.* I am 29 years old and have had a wrist injury/defection since I was roughly 11 - 12 years old. When I started playing League Volleyball I began to feel a pain in my left wrist during impact. I wore a brace during games but for years I had this lump on the right side of the wrist that was very painful. Multiple Doctors over the past 16 - 17 years kept giving me steroid shots with no hopes of long-term relief. Dr. Patel initially discussed a steroid shot to which I informed him I have had several. HE IMMEDIATELY CHANGED COURSE. He said "OK so we are not gonna do that" LOL. After learning this has been going on for several years he approved surgery. Of course he wants to try the safest method first but had absolutely all confidence his surgery would help and it has changed everything!! I AM SO HAPPY! THANK YOU SO
Steven W – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel came to my son's rescue. I cut his face surfing on a Thursday afternoon. He had a 1.25" cut from his nose to his cheek sewn up with only 4 stitches on Thursday night. The stitiches were obviously inadequate and misaligned. I frantically called all 5 star and 4.5 star plastic surgeons, 15 to be exact and Dr Patel was the only one to offer his services on Friday, except for one other that did not have his credentials. His surgery coordinator at the office was wonderful. He arranged to see my son at the Winter Park emergency room Friday night. He did a masterful job. After we had the stitches removed a week later you can hardly see the scar. I was amazed considering how nasty the cut was. He called on Saturday to see how my son was doing. He was a God-send!
Michael Angelo Patitucci – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
After being misdiagnosed by an orthopedic which believed I had just over extended my thumb, my primary recommended Dr. Patel. Dr. Anup Patel ordered an MRI and then surgery was scheduled, he did my surgery 2/5/2020 and I could not be happier with the results, I had torn the ligament in my thumb he did an Arthrex internal brace to fix it, I have a scar that is almost non-existent. I am working with physical therapy twice a week for complete use of the thumb. I could not be happier with the staff at the Lady Lake location. Thank you Dr. Anup Patel & Staff
K Wilkins – Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr: Anup Patel successfully did a very complicated tendon extensor transfer on my left hand.At one point I though I've had lost two of my fingers. Thanks to him, I have regained a lot of my movements.
EDUARDO ROCHA – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
My primary physician misdiagnosed a squamous cell cancer on my hand as a cyst and then failed to biopsy it. By the time I was referred to Dr. Patel the growth was the size of a quarter. Dr. Patel immediately recognized the growth as a potential cancer. I required 2 surgeries to straighten out the nightmare. To close the second incision, Dr. Patel used an innovative technique call a rhombus flap. This was done to avoid a skin graft. He and his staff are very professional and very skilled. I would highly recommend him.
Jim Munch – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I met Dr Patel at a seminar he provided regarding hand and wrist problems...very informative. I was impressed by his level of training and expertise. I proceeded towards treatment, had surgery and have healed without a hitch. I would highly recommend Dr. Patel for any plastic or cosmetic surgery you may need.
PATRICIA D. – Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I had thumb/wrist pain due to bones grinding & splintering. Dr. Patel operated (CMC/LRTI) on my thumb in December 2019. Dr. Patel fully explained the surgery to me and that it would take 8 weeks of occupational therapy after 4 weeks in a cast/splint. My thumb pain is gone! I am still in therapy but is going better than I expected. Dr. Patel is also a Plastic Surgeon, my scars from surgery are just lines. He is a Rock Star! He is both professional & caring, the combination you want.
C.S. in Orlando – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr Patel is both an outstanding Dr and Surgeon. After 2 years of searching for a doctor who could determine why I was getting "hammer smashing' pain in my finger, I was sent to OHSA. After review, I was referred to Dr Patel from one of his peers (Dr Brian White) to perform surgery on my finger to remove a tumor (by removing a finger nail). Dr Patel reviewed my MRIs and discussed to possibility of delaying the surgery until we had an MRI with contrast. His instincts were spot-on. It turns out the tumor could be removed from the bottom of my finger which also meant 3 less months of recovery. Dr Patel performed the surgery and removed my suchers within 2 weeks. I am down to just bandaids and the pain from the tumor appears to be gone. I would highly recommend Dr. Patel to anyone needing a diagnosis or surgery on their hands/fingers.
Randy Weiss – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel and staff have created a friendly, warm, and caring environment for his patients. They listened, acted, and performed a great service. I felt very informed and well treated. I especially liked that Dr. Patel was conscious of my needs and ability to pay with a health care savings account. This is a doctor and staff that reminds me of stories from the old days. They practice and perform their art for clients not insurance companies.
Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
A little after giving birth I was diagnosed with De Quervain's in both my wrists. Being told my options and being petrified of needles I decided to try and manage without treatment. It eventually got to the point where I couldn’t even lift my newborn so I had to seek treatment. I went to a pain specialist who gave me a steroid injection in one of my wrists to which I immediately had a bad reaction to (hives, shortness of breath, etc.). Due to that reaction I didn't get the 2nd wrist done and tried to push through the pain the best I could. I found Dr. Patel doing additional research and he was GREAT. He was patient and took the time to explain what he was doing and potential reasons for why I had a reaction last time. Immediately after he gave me the injection I felt relief. HUGE relief. I was nervous about another reaction happening but he sat with me to ensure I was fine before letting me leave. Thank you so much for your care and professionalism Dr Patel!!
Pat – Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I recently attended an informational conference in The Villages given by DR. Patel on Carpel Tunnel and Trigger Finger. I found Dr. Patel’s Information to be very informative and factual as I have suffered with Trigger Finger for many years. I was particularly impressed with Dr. Patel’s conservative approach and not suggesting surgery as the first option of treatment. I am now a patient of Dr. Patel’s being treated for Trigger Finger on both hands. I was impressed on both of my visits to his office in The Villages. I found Dr. Patel and his staff to be very professional and on time! Dr. Patel was able to release the Trigger on both of my fingers by injections that were not painful! Dr. Patel did not pressure me to schedule any follow up appointments, He told me to call if I needed him. At this point in time I have no negative comments and would highly recommended Dr. Patel to anyone who is suffering with Trigger Finger.
Terry T – Jan 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I am a new patient and I saw Dr. Patel in The Villages for trigger thumb on my right hand which is my dominant hand. I found him to be professional, caring, personable and very knowledgeable. He took the time to explain in detail what my problem was and his recommended course of treatment and action. In my due diligence efforts prior to my initial appointment, I was extremely impressed with his credentials. I found the appointment process, check in at the conveniently located office on Hwy 441 done expeditiously and with courtesy. I would highly recommend Dr. Patel to my fellow Villagers and the general public for great care and treatment.
Jeff R. – Jan 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
It is a long story how I got to Dr. Patel but suffice to say he was the THIRD Doctor I asked to fix my distal radius fracture. One Doctor turned me down and the other had no time to even see me for an evaluation. Dr. Patel was SWIFT to help. Dr. Patel gave me great comfort that he could fix my problem and scheduled the surgery immediately. He was the most compassionate Doctor that I have encountered. I felt immediate comfort that I was in his hands. The surgery was a success and because he is a plastic surgeon also my scar is minimal and I expect you won’t see it a year after the surgery. I still have a way to go with Physical Therapy but I am VERY PLEASED with my progress and I am immensely grateful Dr. Patel was my doctor.
Barbara Taylor Kallus – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr. Anup Patel recently performed surgery on my right hand, and I couldn't be happier with the results. He immediately diagnosed the growths on the back of the hand as synovial fluid caused by arthritis in my wrist. I was scheduled for surgery. Dr. Patel and his team were very efficient and caring, explaining everything clearly so I knew what to expect. He used a plastic surgery closure so I will have minimal scarring. He is extremely intelligent, yet kind, caring and soft spoken. I had complete confidence in Dr. Patel. But what really surprised me was that he called the night of my surgery to see how I was doing. I have had multiple surgeries over the years and have received calls from nurses, but never a personal call from the doctor. It meant a great deal to me. I would highly recommend Dr. Patel to anyone with a hand issue.
Judith Purcell – Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I Cut my finger open on both sides and under the nail. I came to Patel because center care did absolutely nothing. Patel was able to save my nail and only need a few stitches which he made dissolvable so I didn't have to go through any more pain. I was treated like I was family and Patel is so professional and polite.
Daniel P Rivera – Dec 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr. Anup Patel and the staff at Orlando Hand Surgery Associates are the definition of professionalism and skill. I was injured while out of town in Atlanta on a Friday with a resulting very serious wrist fracture, and was seen at OHSA as soon as I returned the next Wednesday. The fracture required surgery and Dr. Patel immediately made me feel at ease with his knowledgeable and efficient assessment. He was clear about the seriousness of the fracture and scheduled me for emergency surgery within two days that following Friday (a week from the injury). His dedication to my treatment and sense of urgency were a relief. I would note that he called me the night after my surgery despite a very loaded day of work for him and made sure I understood how my procedure had gone and what I should expect afterwards in terms of healing and pain management. I cannot say enough about the quality of care I received during follow up visits by him and the associate staff. Dr. Patel is a clear communicator
Rob- Distal Radius ORIF – Dec 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel completed a Brachioplasty surgery on both of my arms. Dr. Patel was very honest from the first day and throughout my entire surgery. Dr. Patel called me multiple times checking up on the progress, along with how I was feeling after the surgery. Dr. Patel is an outstanding surgeon and I was highly pleased with his results. I would highly recommend Dr. Patel!!
Kristin M. – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Highly recommend for a variety of reasons! Having successfully used Dr Patel’s services before I thought of him again when I had a bit of an emergency. I very “unglamorously” lost a silicone tube up my nose (it is inserted in the nose to help with breathing at night, but it is supposed to be attached to another one and they are supposed to both go into the nostrils. I sadly decided to cut them apart and use only ONE in the blocked nostril. Turns out ....that was a very poor decision :/ My little lone-tube traveled way up into my sinus cavity and was irretrievably lost. ) Dr Patel’s office got me in as soon as they could and Dr Patel took on the challenge and would NOT be thwarted from the mission! He found it! AND he got it out. With no pain at all to me. Amazing. And quite the adventure! Trust this man ???? He is awesome!
Lorna Heide – Nov 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel removed a squamous cell carcinoma from the top of my hand. Instead of replacing the skin with a graft, he used a flap procedure and one month later there is practically no trace of a scar. I felt he gave is full attention to what would be the best outcome for me.
Brenda – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Wow what great care. Seeing Dr. Patel within 48 hours of my injury and then surgery 24 hours later was a miracle. I’m pretty sure he squeezed us in for emergency surgery having said on a Thursday I will have surgery by following Wednesday. By the time I got home the downtown Orlando surgical center had me scheduled for Friday at 9am, less than 72 hours after the injury. I truly believe Dr. Patel saw the urgency in my injury and felt it was important enough to fit us in his surgery schedule the following day. I have been more than pleased with all follow up appointments and communications. The surgical center called me all weekend to check and make themselves available for any concerns I had. Having been new to the emergency need here I think I was quite lucky to get Dr. Patel. Now I know there is a doctor I would trust again and recommend forever.
Maria – Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?

Dr. Patel accepts

Dr. Patel accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Golden Rule
Select HMO
Tricare
WellCare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Patel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Patel's Top Procedures and Conditions

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Patel treats Carpal Tunnel Syndrome more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Patel treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Patel treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Patel treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• Distal Radius Fracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture Injection
  • Ear Disorders
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Reconstruction
  • Finger Amputation
  • Finger Joint Fusion
  • Finger Joint Replacement Surgery
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Full Face Lift
  • Nerve Release
  • Nerve Surgery
  • Non-Cosmetic Botox® Injection
  • Non-Surgical Facelift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Orbital Floor Fracture Repair
  • Wrist Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Sprain
  • Wrist Surgery

Elite surgical skill is the single best reason to choose Dr. Anup Patel. Consistently exceptional aesthetic and reconstructive outcomes are the direct byproduct of Dr. Patel's elite surgical skill. Dr. Anup Patel is a board-certified specif...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery