Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Anup Patel, MD
Dr. Anup Patel is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon trained in hand/upper extremity surgery, microsurgery, and plastic and reconstructive surgery. He completed his plastic and reconstructive surgery training at Yale University followed by a hand and microsurgery fellowship at the New York University Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Dr. Patel received his MD and MBA from the Yale University School of Medicine and Yale University School of Management, respectively. He graduated as the valedictorian of his class at the University of Florida majoring in economics, biochemistry and molecular genetics and valedictorian of his high-school class at Lake Highland. Dr. Patel has served on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons' Board of Directors and Government Affairs Committee, as well as the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal's Editorial Board. He is on the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open Journal's Editorial Board spearheading its operative video instructional series endeavoring to train surgeons worldwide. He serves as reviewer for the Aesthetic Surgery Journal. Dr. Patel has worked in the United States Senate assisting with healthcare finance involving the Medicare Prescription Drug Bill. His academic success including innovative research has garnered numerous accolades and been featured in various media outlets. Recently, NBC's Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon thanked Dr. David Chiu and Dr. Patel on the show for their help in managing and treating his ring avulsion injury and nerve compression. USA Today and former Governor Jeb Bush recognized Dr. Patel for his academic achievement and volunteer efforts at the University of Florida. He has published extensively in peer-reviewed journals on various topics in surgery including aesthetics, burns, craniofacial, trauma, hand and microsurgery, and peripheral nerve compressions. Of note, he was awarded the Nobel Laureate Joseph E. Murray Award for his research on cost effectiveness of treatment of skin cancers. Dr. Patel maintains a commitment to serving society co-founding Cents of Relief, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, that endeavors to empower victims of human trafficking through healthcare and education. The foundation has developed a partnership with Operation Smile to deliver burn care to indigent victims as well as comic book teaching about burn safety. He has been on panels with global health leaders such as NBA Global Ambassador Dikembe Mutombo and Partners in Health's co-founder Dr. Paul Farmer for his work on reducing the global surgical burden of disease. Dr. Patel's international efforts have been featured in the New York Times best-seller Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity. He values the privilege of helping his patients, while joining them in their medical journey to restore their form and function. He is dedicated to providing you with safe and successful surgery.

801 N Orange Ave Ste 600

Orlando, FL 32801

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Patel

Elite surgical skill is the single best reason to choose Dr. Anup Patel. Consistently exceptional aesthetic and reconstructive outcomes are the direct byproduct of Dr. Patel's elite surgical skill. Dr. Anup Patel is a specifically trained plastic and reconstructive surgeon, completing his training at the Yale University Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Additionally, he pursued further training in hand/upper extremity surgery and microsurgery, having completing a combined fellowship at the New York University Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and Mt. Sinai Department of Orthopaedics.

The pivotal role surgical skill plays in determining outcomes is often downplayed. This is because many physicians performing plastic surgery procedures may overstate their qualifications playing on public misperceptions. This can compromise surgical outcomes and jeopardize patient safety.

Choose elite surgical skill. Choose the exceptional outcome.

Dr. Patel's Experience

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Facial Plastic Surgery
  • Pediatric Plastic Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery of the Hand

Dr. Patel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cosmetic Conditions
  • Wrist Sprain

• Blepharoplasty
  • Bracheal Plexus Surgery
  • Congenital Hand Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Facelift
  • Hand Reconstruction
  • Hand Surgery
  • Hand Tendon Repair
  • Hand and Elbow Microvascular Surgery
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Non-Surgical Facelift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Plastic Cosmetic Surgery

• New York University Institute Of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016
  • Yale School Of Management
    Other Education | Completed 2009

Dr. Patel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
Dr. Patel's Performance
in Winter Park, FL |
I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Anup Patel and the Orlando Plastic Surgery Institute. I have always had a small bump on my chest, and in the past year it started to get larger. I was worried about the removal process, but Dr. Anup Patel kept me at ease and explained the process. Sure enough, the procedure was painless and quick. A month later, you can’t even tell where the incision was! Dr. Patel is a true professional and his team is incredible. I highly recommend him!
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr. Patel is great and I am lucky I was referred to him. He looks young but after learning about his background I realized he has many years of experience and at some of the best places in the country. Would send any of my family and friends to Dr. Patel if they had a hand issue or needed a dedicated and smart plastic surgeon.
in Orlando, FL |
There aren't enough words to describe Dr. Anup Patel's level of professionalism, thoroughness and compassion. I was treated by Dr. Patel in June 2017 after fracturing my wrist which required surgery. He took the time to outline the surgery, treatment/rehab, and follow-up plan so I was well-prepared and at ease every step of the way. Dr. Patel contacted me multiple times throughout my recovery to ensure I was healing, comfortable and following through with treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Patel.
in Winter Springs, Florida |
I am so thankful to have access to such an outstanding young doctor at an outstanding practice with an excellent reputation.
in Orlando, FL |
He is professional, compassionate, patient, and understanding doctor. Dr. Patel is straight forward and doesn't beat around the bush. He tells it like it is, but he explains everything in detail a way everyone can understand. He does amazing work. My family and I highly recommend Dr. Patel. We would love to thank him from the bottom of our hearts for such a great job he did on my wrist and hand.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Anup Patel is amazing!! I had vollure and botox injections at the Orlando Plastic Surgery Institute for my forehead wrinkles and to lift the lines around my smile. The results were incredible! This was my first time ever having any aesthetic injections. Dr. Patel explained the injection process thoroughly and we discussed achieving a look that was natural and subtle. I am so happy with the results and I am so thankful I found Dr. Patel!!
in Orlando, FL |
I highly recommend Dr.Patel. Also the staff were great. Best hand surgeon there is and a plus that he is a trained plastic surgeon because he gave very clear detailed attention to issues i had with my nerve and also how he hid my scars.
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr. Patel is the best we have seen in many years. I feel lucky to have been treated by someone who clearly has dedicated himself to his field. He has an amazing background and has clearly done a lot of research. This came through in how he treated me as a patient as well. An amazingly detail oriented plastic surgeon with a big heart.
in Orlando, FL |
I had surgery to remove a rather large lipoma located near my armpit on July 21, 2017. It has been almost a month, and I am very pleased with the results. Dr. Patel and his staff were very informative, professional and proactive. They made me feel very comfortable and safe. His attention to detail coupled with his skill, has left me lipoma free with minimal scaring!
in Maitland, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Patel. I broke my wrist and after he did surgery I was back to full use within 6 weeks. My whole experience was great. Easy to get in for an emergency, worked around a trip I had planned, x-rays in the office so I didn't have to go somewhere else, caring physician and staff.
in Orlando, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Patel. I feel like he has solid, current knowledge of his specialties. He explained the treatment to me and gave me recommendations.
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr. Patel is an excellent Surgeon and has a pleasant demeanor that put the patient at ease. The end results was a very professional and clean repair of the left wrist. I would recommend him to all who needs his expertise.
in Sanford, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Patel for a severe infection that had developed in my thumbnail. Dr. Patel is very patient and knowledgeable. His credentials are very impressive, but just as important, is that he is very kind, and even followed up on me at home to let me know he was available if I had any questions or concerns. Very impressive. He and his wonderful staff make me feel like my well-being is very important. His office is always clean and I'm never kept waiting. I highly recommend him.
in Sanford, FL |
I will definitely recommend Dr. Patel to my family and friends! Dr. Patel performed surgery on my wrist. He was very thorough when explaining my surgical plan. He was able to close my incision without the use of stitches, so I will barely have a scar. Dr. Patel took the time to call me after surgery to make sure I wasn't in a lot of pain and to see if I had any questions, I really appreciated that! He is a very talented, caring doctor and I would definitely recommend him!
Middleburg, FL |
Amazing Dr! My mom was a very difficult facial wound case! Amazing results! He was also so caring, personally concerned and supportive! I have said it multiple times and will again. Thank you Dr. Patel!
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Anup Patel went out of his way to accommodate us with the problem we had. We needed a plastic surgeon and he was able to do everything from the biopsy down to the reconstruction with plastic surgery techniques. We had been to 2 or 3 doctors and didn’t get any results. He went above and beyond to help both my wife and I. We are cancer free and extremely happy with our results on the face.
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr Patel was quick to see us and very professional when evaluating my injuries. He was able to get me in for surgery within a few hours and his team took amazing care. Would recommend Dr Patel to everyone!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Patel is a rare find. He is caring, attentive and very skillful. I would recommend him to my family and friends in a heartbeat!
Mount Dora, FL |
I came for a common trigger finger. Dr. Patel's through exam and X-ray uncovered a hidden abnormality that could have caused me loss of hand function. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
in New York, NY |
I initially met Dr. Patel while he was in residency at Yale. We took care of many patients together. He is a dedicated surgeon who cares deeply for his patients and has excellent technique. Having seen firsthand his results, I would highly recommend him to anyone considering plastic surgery. He also did my botox injection for TMJ masseter/temporalis as well as my forehead. He achieves a natural look while reducing wrinkles. He did beautiful nose job on my friend as well. Great surgeon!!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr.Patel went above and beyond my expectations for medical care. He was professional, compassionate and patient beyond belief before and after my procedure. He was determined to see me happy and healthy again. After I opted for the surgery, he did an excellent job correcting my paralysis and ensuring that I had full use of my hand again. It was refreshing to find a doctor like Dr.Patel. He truly cares about his patients, and I recommend him highly.
in Haines City, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Patel. He called me that night to see how I was. I would not hesitate to say how great he was to explain what he was going to do to my hand.
in Orlando, FL |
I am very thankful for Dr. Patel's surgical skills, expertise and caring professionalism. His follow up after surgery was very thorough. I will of course highly recommend him to friends and family.
Windermere, FL |
Dr. Patel operated on my right hand tendon about 2 weeks ago. I would like to express my gratitude on what a fantastic job he did. His caring and professionalism were outstanding.Thank you again for your help.
When I met Dr. Patel my left hand were in constant pain and had little mobility. After a year of Dr. Patel’s surgery and treatment, I'm now pain free and have full mobility again. I do certainly recommend him.
in Orlando, FL |
I could not be happier with my new look. Dr. Patel is the best and I had complete trust in him working on me. He listened to my needs and wants and delivered just that. I feel great even just 4 days post op. His level of skill and caring bedside manor is top notch. The staff are so caring which makes you feel comfortable even talking about an uncomfortable part of your body you want to change. I'm so blessed and thankful for coming in contact with Dr. Patel and his staff. Cheers to my new look!
in Winter Park, FL |
After being diagnosed with skin cancer on my hand I was naturally concerned about the operation. Dr Patel took the time to fully explain the cancer and the operation. It was not an easy operation and required a graft. The operation went well and I'm am recovering nicely. His staff was friendly and efficient. There was no paperwork as everything was done on electronic devices. I was surprised to find out that Dr Patel had an MBA as well. I would give Dr Patel & his staff my highest recommendation
in Oviedo, FL |
Dr. Patel is an amazingly skilled physician who patiently explained my condition of carpel tunnel syndrome. He listened to my concerns, called me at home to check on my progress after surgery and removed my stitches himself after 10 days. Dr. Anup Patel is highly skilled, humble, well educated physician. I would highly recommend him. I interviewed two other physicians before choosing Dr. Anup Patel.
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
Very good doctor. Friendly and extremely intelligent. Tested me for elbow/arm pain lasting 5 months. I am pain free finally. Office staff is friendly and I didn't have to wait to see Dr. Patel. I highly recommend this doctor.
in Longwood, Florida |
I have had complete resolution of Carpal Tunnel symptoms since surgery with Dr Patel. Follow up care was outstanding. Dr Patel called me the evening after my surgery. I told my wife “I can’t believe Dr Patel just called to check in on me”. I have worked as a R.N. and Paramedic in England and in U.S., & currently work as a Firefighter, so when I say he is the most honest, personable, caring Physician I have ever come across, it is indeed high praise. I recommend Dr Patel without hesitation.
in Orlando, Fl |
I have never been through a hospital situation in my life and this whole scenario scared a bit. However, Dr. Patel was great and comforting and really great at taking care of every detail. I could not be more thankful to him and his staff. He did a surgery in my ring finger and it looks great now. Thank you big time Dr. Patel!
in Winter park fl |
Excellent bedside manor, took his time to explain things to me
in Longwood, fl |
Dr Patel did a great job, has a good bedside manner and took time to show personal interest. He didn't push the surgical option, though I chose it. He explained the risks and possible side effects of the procedure. 5 star
in Orlando, FL |
My name is Andrew Nordlund (age 17) and I am a World Champion in Taekwondo Katas and Weapons. I want to take this opportunity to thank Dr. Anup Patel with Orlando Hand Surgery Associates for his exceptional orthopedic repair and surgical reconstruction of a deep laceration injury I sustained to my right dominant index finger and especially for his commitment to medicine and indomitable spirit of not backing away from a challenge. I have made a full recovery and am deeply grateful for his gift!
Winter Park, FL |
I've been dealing with wrist pain for about a year now. I saw a physician in West Palm Beach but he was unable to properly diagnose the issue. Now that I live in Orlando, I decided to get a second opinion, so I made an appointment with Dr. Anup Patel. Dr. Patel was able to see me right away and was able to diagnose my condition and explain all my treatment options available outside of surgery. I'm thrilled that I am now under the care of Dr. Anup Patel!
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Patel is professional and patient. I'm very satisfied with my results and would highly recommend him!
in Orlando, FL |
In November 2016, Dr. Patel performed surgery on my broken wrist (left open reduction and internal fixation of distal radius fracture) in a very professional and caring manner. He explained the procedure to me in an easy to understand manner, including my progresss during follow-up appointments. I was extremely satisfied with the attention Dr. Patel provided to me from the time of the surgery, through hand therapy and all four post-surgery appointments. He is an excellent physician.
Orlando, Florida |
Dr. Patel's knowledge, passion, and skill are top notch in the industry! My procedure and results were exactly as described. He is a genuine and honest professional.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Patel will make you feel confident with the decision you are making. He is happy to offer any and all information for any of your concerns. Great Doctor and I will be sending referrals his way.
in Lake Panasoffkee, FL |
Very well pleased did surgery on sons hand had to repair tendons in had done a excellent job.... would definitely recommend
in DeLand, FL |
I had an infection that needed treatment prior to leaving the state in less than a week. Dr Patel scheduled me for the next day and then did the procedure that day. Can't say enough about how important it was for me to be able to meet my new granddaughter.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr Patel was absolutely fantastic. He was really a kind of doctor who gave you the facts an no filler. Very caring and very morally correct. I was a pro gamer who broke his finger, and with his guidance it healed as soon as it could. If you have any issues with your fingers or hands, Anup is the guy you wanna see. He's willing to work with you and always touches base with you. Also the office had a low waiting room time which is always nice.
in Winter Springs |
When I broke my wrist, I was referred to Dr.White's office as he is the best there is when it comes to hands and wrists, and any Dr. in his practice is guaranteed to be top notch as well. I was fortunate to be assigned to Dr. Anup Patel! He did an excellent job repairing my Distal Radius fracture with Volar Plate. Surgery went very well. Every appointment I had with him was a pleasure- he was on time, prepared, pleasant, & honestly concerned about my progress. I highly recommend him!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Patel has been very courteous, professional and informative. He is has demonstrated a earnest concern for the wellness of his patients. His procedural explanations have been informative and very clear. His bedside manner is very relaxing and to the point. He is also very easy to talk to and ask questions. I would highly recommend him to my family and any other persons seeking his medical services.
in Windermere, Florida |
First off, Dr. Patel's background is a must read, it is quite impressive! I had a ruptured epl tendon. The night before the surgery, Dr. Patel personally called me to go over the details of the surgery, as well as answer any questions or concerns I might have. Dr. Patel doesn't drop off after surgery. He follows up with phone calls, emails, and office visits. I would definitely recommend Dr. Patel if you are looking for a highly skilled surgeon, who is caring and compassionate!!
in Orlando, FL |
I had an area on the back of my hand diagnosed as squamous cell carcinoma by my regular dermatologist. Due to the location he referred me to the OHSA group. What a wonderful group! Dr. Patel did an amazing job removing the cancerous section as well as doing a skin graft which turned out beautifully. In addition to his surgical skills, Dr. Patel is extremely caring, and truly concerned for his patient. Even followed up with a personal phone call. How unusual is that? Definitely 5 Stars!
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
Dr. Patel performed surgery on my wrist in September, 2016 due to a die-punch fracture. I found Dr. Patel to be very professional, knowledgeable, thorough, and a doctor who truly cares about his patients. He personally called to check on my progress several times, and I sincerely appreciate that kind of follow up. I highly recommend Dr. Patel.
in Oviedo, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Patel to my friends and family. I needed a reconstruction in my nose after a basel cell carcinoma was removed and Dr. Patel performed the procedure for me. He thoroughly explained the different procedures and recommended least invasive and scarring result. He was very attentive and answered all our questions. The operation was a success. His staff was very nice and very knowledgeable. They made me feel very comfortable and less stress.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Patel performed my septoplasty surgery and was excellent. I didn't realize how big of a difference it would make with my breathing - it's helped tremendously with my energy level and completely stopped my snoring (not to mention the asthetic changes we made which look great)! Definitely recommended.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Patel scheduled me for surgery within 2 days of seeing him. I had a rapid growing growth on my finger that could have been cancer but was not. Dr. Patel is a highly qualified skilled surgeon who cares about his patients and their recovery. Dr. Patel follows up with you himself by phone. Dr. Patel is the kind of doctor who treats the person as well as the patient. Thank you Dr. Patel.
Have you seen Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?