Dr. Anup Patel, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 37

Dr. Patel

Orlando Hand Surgery Associates, Orlando, FL

801 N Orange Ave Ste 600 Orlando, FL 32801

Dr. Anup Patel, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Orlando, FL and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from Yale University School Of Medicine in 2009 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery, craniofacial surgery, and more.

Dr. Patel accepts

Dr. Patel accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Tricare
WellCare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Patel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Patel treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Patel treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Patel treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• Distal Radius Fracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture Injection
  • Ear Disorders
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Reconstruction
  • Finger Amputation
  • Finger Joint Fusion
  • Finger Joint Replacement Surgery
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Full Face Lift
  • Nerve Release
  • Nerve Surgery
  • Non-Cosmetic Botox® Injection
  • Non-Surgical Facelift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
  • Wrist Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Sprain
  • Wrist Surgery

Elite surgical skill is the single best reason to choose Dr. Anup Patel. Consistently exceptional aesthetic and reconstructive outcomes are the direct byproduct of Dr. Patel's elite surgical skill. Dr. Anup Patel is a board-certified specif...

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel?
Dr. Patel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anup Patel, MD
Dr. Patel and staff are a one of a kind team. The office is located in a prime central location for easy commute with onsite parking. Staffing members extremely helpful to your needs, as a single father they have gone beyond the norm to accommodate my family with same day appointments. Dr. Patel is a licensed surgeon so rest assured your procedure will show dramatic results with little to no down time. Dr. Patel is completely fair and honest. Dr. Patel Refused to charge me for a scheduled follow up visit simply because no treatment was needed at that time. Doc gained my respect right then. Dr. Patel has also stayed late to accommodate me and my boys by the way who also love this Doctor and staff. Short story. If you are looking for a great doctor with unheard of wrk ethics plus amazing long lasting results, do yourself a favor in call Dr. Patel. Thanks
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
The pain in my wrist was impacting my quality of life. Dr Patel resolved the pain entirely with cortisone injection. He looks for all possible solutions before resorting to surgery. This is the approach ALL surgeons should take but, from experience I've found many do not. I thank Dr Patel for his conservatism when it comes to surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
If you are in need of a hand specialist - Dr. Anup Patel should be your 1st choice. Gentle, Caring, Concerned for my time and wellbeing. It takes a lot for me to leave a review for someone. Dr. Patel deserves this 5 Star Review. I have seen Dr. Anup Patel twice for pain in my right hand (2 separate spots). You never know what to expect when meeting a doctor for the first time. From the minute I sat down to explain the reason for my visit, I felt at ease. It started with the 5 minute wait in the waiting room, followed by a less than 5 minute wait in the procedure room. He listens! I never felt rushed. He involved me in the decision process for how we would treat my pain. I have worked in the medical field for 27 years. Dr. Patel treated with exceptional care. Thank you Dr. Patel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Recently, May14th, 2019; I had surgery for a, too long neglected, Cancerous Tumor. It was located in the shoulder on my upper back. The surgery was performed by Dr. Anup Patel of OHSA who discussed the problem about a week before the surgery was scheduled. He was quite thorough as to what had to be done and the potential size of the cancerous tumor. Dr. Patel also pointed out that there may be a large incision and indentation (hole) once the tumor was removed. Dr. Patel took all of the precautions necessary while removing the Fungating Cancer. The surgery took about 4 – 5 hours and ended successfully as planned to say the least. During the operation Dr. Patel had to reconstruct the area at the same time replacing the “Flap” that would be the surface skin, closing the wound. During the surgery Dr. Patel indicated that he had to temporarily move my back muscles so he could get all of the tumor. The muscles were all arranged and replaced. The approximate size of the tumor was 3 x 5 cm wit
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is the best! My son needed stitches and a repair of the frontalis muscle above his eyebrow after an accidental baseball bat to the forehead. Dr. Patel made it look like art the way he repaired the muscle and brought the skin right back to where it needed to be. He is also just a very nice person who greatly cares about his patients. He follows up and takes the time to listen. I can’t recommend Dr. Patel enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr Patel is a wonderful surgeon ! He is a terrific human being. He took time to call me the evening after my surgery to ask how I was. I’m so pleased with the results of the CMC surgery on my left hand and the follow up care I’ve received. I am looking forward to the same surgery on my right hand! I’m just sorry I was misdiagnosed for an entire year before I found Dr Patel.!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
When I first started seeing Dr. Patel I had a fracture and Enchondroma on my left pinky finger and was in a lot of pain. Enchondroma, is a tumor inside the bone of the finger and I had lived with it for 19 yrs. I found a doctor some years ago whom want to operate, however I did not feel confident with the doctor and I decided not to move forward with the surgery. When I met to Dr. Patel, he took his time and explained my condition and each step from pre-op to physical therapy. I felt comfortable with him and trusted that everything would be okay! He healed my fracture first then did the operation to remove the enchondroma. It’s been 6 weeks since the surgery and the cast is finally off. I am starting physical therapy soon and I have no regrets. I am so grateful for Dr. Patel for relieving me from the pain and doing an awesome surgery on me. I am looking forward to a full recovery thanks to Dr.Patel, and I fully recommend this surgery to anyone who is suffering from the same issue.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I would award Dr. Patel 10 stars if permitted. He recently operated on a persistent problem with my left thumb. The procedure was done on an outpatient basis and I was very impressed with the professionalism and competence of the assisting staff. Dr. Patel is an exceptional surgeon that combines a very high level of expertise and focus on the procedure while maintaining an open, straightforward rapport with the patient. I am happy to give Dr. Patel my highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Regarding Dr. Anup Patel, MD, MBA: Dr. Patel, You asked in your kind follow up call… “Am I happy with the surgery results”….without trying to embarrass myself (or you) let me just say…I wish I knew the words to define how grateful I am to you for all you have done for me. It is so much more than just a successful surgery …what stands out to me the most is that you have done what so many are unwilling to do…. you have proven that “Caring” is an action not just a feeling or an emotion. My Medical Background: I required a rhinoplasty/nose surgery which was proving beyond challenging to other doctors I had contacted. In fact, several ENT and Plastic surgeons declined helping me… or even “brushed me off.” It was challenging due to the severe breaks and perforations in the septum I received, and the buildup of calcification due to how long the time had passed since my accident. I had suffered and struggled to breathe thru my nose for many years. This factor alone had also made it difficul
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
For 3 years, I visited multiple doctors that misdiagnosed the pain in my elbow as tendonitis. I spoke to a friend and he recommended OHSA; I read up on the practice/doctors and made a consult with Dr. Anup Patel right away. He completed the appropriate tests to indicate that my ulnar nerve was compressed and followed up with medical publications to ensure I fully understood the surgeries and risks involved. He completed an ulnar nerve transposition at the elbow (cubital tunnel) and release at th
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I'm posting an update after my "Post-Treatment" follow-up appointment with Dr. Patel. My arm was treated & isolated after treatment for olecranon bursitis in my elbow. The swelling was gone and no trauma to the elbow. I am back on normal duty for work. Dr. Patel patiently sat with my wife and myself answering all my questions before offering that I contact him if I have any problems. Let me reiterate that Dr. Patel is doing exactly what he was put on this planet for....practice medicine!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I went to see Dr. Patel for a 2nd opinion about a severed thumb tendon. My surgery was done using the WALANT technique. I was given a local anesthetic for the hand but was totally awake for the entire surgery. There was no pain during surgery or need to recover from anesthesia & sedatives. It was also very cost effective as there was no anesthesiologist. Totally recommend the WALANT technique if that is an option & Dr. Patel who is such a skilled & attentive doctor. Highly recommend. S Pagana
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I am very thankful of OHSA and Dr Anup Patel MD, MBA for the 2nd opinion which was provided after having previously been seen by Lake Mary Jewett Ortho Nurse Practitioner who suggested a splint and then a cast. I had presented X-rays taken by Centra Care where I was told I could require surgery. Dr Patel took more x-rays and informed me that I had multiple fractures and shards in my 4th metacarpal with rotation of the bone, and that I needed surgery asap for proper healing. Thank you Dr. Patel!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
hand physician with several visits. At first, nervous about thumb injections but he allayed my fears and performed painless injections. He makes you feel totally at ease and answers all questions as a lay person you understand. Truly a blessing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
After years riding horses, using keyboards, and work travel, serious carpal tunnel syndrome developed. I swore I would never have surgery. After several cortisone shots, I finally had to opt for surgery & it was abut a month ago. I was very impressed when Dr. Patel called me the next night because it made me feel that I could call back if I had questions/problems. Living one handed for 3 weeks was not great, but no post op discomfort was as bad as my prior pain. Thanks so much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Went to Dr Patel for trigger finger in 2 fingers. One finger responded to cortisone treatment, the other required surgery. The surgery went extremely well. Was easy to schedule, and the results were outstanding. Dr Patel called the night of the surgery to check in on me. in all, an excellent experience. Unlike many Florida doctors, Dr. Patel does not overbook and see yo close to your appointment time. He explains everything so you understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr. Anup Patel and his team performed upper and lower eyelid surgery to rejuvenate my eyes. Years of sitting in front of a computer screen rubbing my eyes to relieve the strain had caused the eyelids to sag, reducing my field of vision. The under-eye bags looked terrible. At 64, the stresses of life had caught up with me and I finally had to do something about it. I decided to make the hour and twenty-minute drive from Ocala to Orlando to see Dr. Patel. This is why. Dr. Patel, a plastic and
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
His curriculum vitae is outstanding. My carpal tunnel had returned&I had scar tissue.He had to do an extended carpal tunnel release using a microscope&free the nerve from all the scar& protect the nerve with a wrap using microsurgery. He personally called me the day after surgery. At my post op appointment he took the time to speak to me and show me photos of my surgery. I highly recommend him-not only is he a extremely qualified doctor-he is also very personable &compassionate person as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
I suffered from a condition known as “trigger thumb” in my right thumb. Dr. Patel performed surgery on the thumb and did a marvelous job. There was minimal discomfort from the surgery and within two weeks of the surgery, the thumb was virtually totally healed. Further, Dr. Patel made the necessary incision on a crease in my thumb, leaving no discernible scar, which was an aesthetic plus that was unexpected. I wholeheartedly applaud Dr. Patel’s medical skills. Rod Caborn, Winter Park, FL
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anup Patel, MD?
Dr Patel Is amazing. I have had several procedures with him and he is one of the best docs that I have ever met. He is one of the few physicians out there these days that are in medicine for the right reasons, and he has a special gift for it too. Dr Patel looks out for his patient's well being above all else. Whereas most physicians handle medicine as just business, Dr Patel will not even let his patients do any procedure that is not in their best interests under any circumstances. He listens a
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?

Orlando Hand Surgery Associates, Orlando, FL

• Sat: closed

Orlando Plastic Surgery Institute

• Sat: 8:30am - 5:00pm

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Patel treats patients.