Dr. Anup Kanodia, MD

Dr. Anup Kanodia, MD

Integrative Medicine  ·
Dr. Anup Kanodia, MD is an integrative medicine specialist in Westerville, OH and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine in 2003 and specializes in integrative medicine, family medicine, and more.

5003 Pine Creek Dr

Westerville, OH 43081

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Kanodia

Dr. Kanodia's Experience

Dr. Kanodia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Integrative Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Kanodia "Hi, my name is Anup Kanodia, MD, MPH. As a classically trained physician, it did not take me long to realize that my initial medical school training was not enough for me to fundamentally help people achieve true, long lasting health. Early in my residency, I began to notice that the symptom/drug approach worked for acute problems, such as severe bacterial infections and heart attacks, but this model was fundamentally flawed for chronic health conditions.

It did not and does not work. The reason this model is inadequate is because it is entrenched in dispensing pharmaceuticals that often have severe side effects and not in how to search for the "root" cause and treat the person, not just their symptom. This realization turned my world upside down and forced me to ask myself these two questions, "Is this what it means to be a doctor?" and "Do I just want to write prescriptions all day long to camouflage symptoms?" For me, the answer was an absolute "No." And so began my journey and another three years of medical training that introduced me to the world of Alternative and Functional training. It was during this time that I found the answers that were missing.

I learned how to help people get to the root cause of a myriad of different illnesses such as chronic fatigue, allergies, recurrent infections, depression and irritable bowel. I learned how stress could destroy a person's health and that yeast overgrowth is the silent demon robbing thousands of people of their health. For the undiagnosed that had tried everything, I learned that there were solutions.

It was in this body of work that my patients began to get well, stay well and live well. My original passion in medicine took on a whole new meaning and my mission was now clear: dig for the root cause, identify it, treat it and eliminate it. This process is the key to help people transform their health and empower them to live the joyful life they were meant to live."

• Integrative Medicine
  • Functional Medicine

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Hormone Testing

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Mayo Clin
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Harvard Med School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kanodia has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kanodia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kanodia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kanodia's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kanodia to family and friends

Dr. Kanodia's Performance

After years searching for a primary health practitioner that understood my symptoms, I came across Dr. Kanodia's web page and made an appointment. Within one week there was such change in symptoms that I would not have believed it had it not happened to me. My body had stopped absorbing essential...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
If not for Dr Kanodia I would still be wondering what’s wrong with me. In my first session he told me what he thought was wrong with me and he was right.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Kanodia is not your typical doctor at the ready with a prescription pad to give you a quick fix and send you on your way. He looks at the whole person to find out why you are ailing and works with you to get you healthy. My son has autism and other health issues, and thanks to Dr. Kanodia he is...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
In June of 2015 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS). I had hand writing issues and knew something was wrong. I started seeing Dr. Kanodia two weeks before I could see my Primary Care Physician (PCP) this was before my diagnosis. I committed to the recommended diet changes and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option1
Dr. Kanodia looks as a patient as a whole and looks to find the root of the problem. He treats the patient holistically and not just symptoms. Dr. Kanodia always listens, allows you to participate in your your care and goes over beyond to make sure everything is completed and is very through....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1