Maternal-Fetal Medicine  |
Dr. Antonio Gonzalez-Ruiz, MD
Dr. Antonio Gonzalez-Ruiz, MD is a maternal-fetal medicine doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz is affiliated with Brookwood Medical Center and Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children.

Brookwood Maternal Fetal Medicine

2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Ste 604

Birmingham, AL 35209

• Guardian
  • PHCS
  • VIVA Health

Learn about Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz

Whether this is your first pregnancy or your fifth, you'll likely experience both the profound wonder and intense worry of an expectant mother. Even when you're doing everything you can to ensure a healthy pregnancy, you may encounter unexpected challenges. If that happens, you'll be assured to know that Brookwood MFM is staffed with people who are especially skilled in treating high-risk obstetric patients. You'll be in good hands with a team of caregivers who are dedicated to providing specialized care throughout your pregnancy and birth experience.

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's Experience

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• Blood Disorders
  • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • Breech Position
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Congenital Heart Disease

• Fetal Transfusion
  • Fetal Ultrasound
  • Genetic Counseling Services
  • Genetic Testing

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Puerto Rico / Medical Sciences Campus
  • Ramon E Betances Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Eh Crump Womens Hosp/City M
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz to family and friends
Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's Performance
Huntsville, AL |
My visit with Dr. Gonzalez was amazing. From the staff greeting me with all smiles to his detailed and personal approach he took with me. Rarely do I leave a physicians office in a timely manner, all my questions answered and a positive outlook. I'd recommend him to anyone looking to get professional care.
in Montgomery, AL |
My visit was very pleasant. The staff and the doctor was knowledgeable and caring. Even though my results was not the best, I appreciated it and even his personal advice. Highly recommended.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Gonzalez is a great doctor. He made sure I was comfortable and understood everything he was saying to me. I definitely would recommend family and friends to him.
Owens Cross Roads, AL |
Dr. Gonzalez is a wonderful doctor. My husband and I appreciate his knowledge and expertise, as well as his disposition. He has been an incredible doctor through our journey and circumstances of dealing with multiple miscarriages and health struggles. I trust him and know he's one of the best, as was recommended by my OBGYN. We highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez!!
Pell City, AL |
I have seen Dr. Gonzalez with all four of my pregnancies. I feel and have felt each time that I am his only patient . He understands the stress and worry that his patients are facing and seems to have a way of easing that. I feel like I am in the best possible hands with him. He always finds a way to make you smile.
in Birmingham, Al |
Dr. Gonzalez was wonderful! I waited no more than 10 minutes in the waiting room and the doctor himself came out and got me from the waiting room. I didn't feel rushed at all and he answered every single question I had. I would definitely recommend him to others and plan on seeing him again in the future.
in Huntsville, AL |
The entire staff at the Huntsville office is fantastic! Dr. Gonzalez is very kind, thorough, and answered all my questions and more. The sonographer was very engaging and took her time explaining every body part we were looking at throughout the ultrasound. This was the best ultrasound I have ever experienced! I will be returned with any future pregnancies and I would recommend Dr. Gonzalez and the Huntsville office to anyone.
in Huntsville al |
My visit was really pleasant. Dr Gonzalez and his staff were both very helpful and knowledgeable.
in Homewood, AL |
I'm currently in my first trimester. My OBGYN at the time referred me to Dr. Gonzalez office for maternal testing. When I tell you from the the sweet receptionist at the front window to every nurse I came in contact with they were exceptionally kind, professional, and helpful. Having experienced such poor customer service from my Doctor's office staff members (Roneshia Thomas MD in Brookwood). I got home called the office and expressed my gratitude for such a pleasant experience.
in Harvest, AL |
I would recommend Dr. Gonzalez because he took the time to educate me on my condition and gave me more information than I've ever been used to from a doctor.
Hazel Green, AL |
I'm on my second pregnancy and Dr. Gonzalez has been AMAZING throughout both pregnancies. He helps give me the knowledge and courage I need to keep myself and my baby safe throughout my Type 1 diabetic pregnancy.
in Birmingham, AL |
The drs at Brookwood Hospital act like Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz is a guru of high risk pregnancies. It doesn't matter how much knowledge he may have if he doesn't even take patients. He doesn't even have hospital privileges. He only does consults for drs and patients, that is it. It was a waste of my time and money to see him since we were never told that we were seeing him only for a consult and if we actually got pregnant he wouldn't be our actual dr, which is what we wanted. UAB has high risk drs.
in Birmingham, AL |
When you have a high-risk pregnancy, you just want someone to be be as honest and as compassionate as they can. Dr. Gonzales is both and his office staff is as well.
in Birmingham, Al |
Oh my word! Would never ever EVER use him again! Please go somewhere else if at all possible!! One thing I have learned: if he or his nurse practitioner don't know the answer to a question, they just make one up!
Have you seen Dr. Antonio Gonzalez-Ruiz, MD?
Are you Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz?

Visit Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz