Dr. Antonio R. Gonzalez-Ruiz, MD

Dr. Antonio R. Gonzalez-Ruiz, MD

Maternal-Fetal Medicine | Male | 63 years old

88 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Whether this is your first pregnancy or your fifth, you'll likely experience both the profound wonder and intense worry of an expectant mother. Even when you're doing everything you can to ensure a healthy pregnancy, you may encounter unexpected challenges. If that happens, you'll be assured to know that Brookwood MFM is staffed with people who are especially skilled in treating high-risk obstetric patients. You'll be in good hands with a team of caregivers who are dedicated to providing specialized care throughout your pregnancy and birth experience.Read more

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's Experience

See how Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz to family and friends
Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's Performance
in Birmingham, Al |
Dr. Gonzalez was wonderful! I waited no more than 10 minutes in the waiting room and the doctor himself came out and got me from the waiting room. I didn't feel rushed at all and he answered every single question I had. I would definitely recommend him to others and plan on seeing him again in the future.
in Huntsville, AL |
The entire staff at the Huntsville office is fantastic! Dr. Gonzalez is very kind, thorough, and answered all my questions and more. The sonographer was very engaging and took her time explaining every body part we were looking at throughout the ultrasound. This was the best ultrasound I have ever experienced! I will be returned with any future pregnancies and I would recommend Dr. Gonzalez and the Huntsville office to anyone.
in Huntsville al |
My visit was really pleasant. Dr Gonzalez and his staff were both very helpful and knowledgeable.
in Homewood, AL |
I'm currently in my first trimester. My OBGYN at the time referred me to Dr. Gonzalez office for maternal testing. When I tell you from the the sweet receptionist at the front window to every nurse I came in contact with they were exceptionally kind, professional, and helpful. Having experienced such poor customer service from my Doctor's office staff members (Roneshia Thomas MD in Brookwood). I got home called the office and expressed my gratitude for such a pleasant experience.
in Harvest, AL |
I would recommend Dr. Gonzalez because he took the time to educate me on my condition and gave me more information than I've ever been used to from a doctor.
Hazel Green, AL |
I'm on my second pregnancy and Dr. Gonzalez has been AMAZING throughout both pregnancies. He helps give me the knowledge and courage I need to keep myself and my baby safe throughout my Type 1 diabetic pregnancy.
in Birmingham, AL |
The drs at Brookwood Hospital act like Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz is a guru of high risk pregnancies. It doesn't matter how much knowledge he may have if he doesn't even take patients. He doesn't even have hospital privileges. He only does consults for drs and patients, that is it. It was a waste of my time and money to see him since we were never told that we were seeing him only for a consult and if we actually got pregnant he wouldn't be our actual dr, which is what we wanted. UAB has high risk drs.
in Birmingham, AL |
When you have a high-risk pregnancy, you just want someone to be be as honest and as compassionate as they can. Dr. Gonzales is both and his office staff is as well.
in Birmingham, Al |
Oh my word! Would never ever EVER use him again! Please go somewhere else if at all possible!! One thing I have learned: if he or his nurse practitioner don't know the answer to a question, they just make one up!
Have you seen Dr. Antonio R. Gonzalez-Ruiz, MD?
Are you Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz?

Compare Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
      •  Board certified in Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology
      •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz's Board Certifications

• Maternal & Fetal Medicine
      • Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Blood Disorders
      • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
      • Breech Position
      • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
      • Congenital Heart Disease

Eh Crump Womens Hosp/City M

Completed in 1987

University of Puerto Rico / Medical Sciences Campus

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gonzalez-Ruiz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine