Dr. Antonio R. Gargiulo, MD

Dr. Antonio R. Gargiulo, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility | Male | 52 years old

Infertility is a true life crisis. Fortunately, it is successfully resolved in over 95% of cases: often without medical intervention. My role as an Infertility expert is to make sure that this journey is as safe, short and dignified as possible. Reproductive surgery is any surgery aimed at preserving fertility in face of disease, or to enhance fertility as a complement to other fertility treatments. In either case, reproductive surgery is conservative and minimally invasive: I abstain from surgery as much as possible. However, when surgery is clearly indicated, I offer the most cutting edge minimally invasive techniques.Read more

Personal Bio

I have dedicated my entire medical career to the advancement of reproductive medicine, through high-impact basic and clinical investigation...Read more

Dr. Gargiulo's Experience

See how Dr. Gargiulo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gargiulo

Dr. Gargiulo accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gargiulo has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Gargiulo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gargiulo to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Gargiulo
Dr. Gargiulo's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (44)
Woburn, MA |
I recently visited Dr. Gargiulo for fertility treatment. My husband and I had been trying to conceive for a couple of years. We are both 43 years old and after a failed IVF cycle elsewhere, we went to see Dr. Gargioulo. I had a couple of factors working against me. The age factor, a missing fallopian tube which had raptured as a result of an ectopic pregnancy in 2014 and a prior laparoscopic myomectomy that took out 6 large fibroids. Other doctors had encouraged me to consider a donor egg due
Boston, MA |
Dr. Gargiulo is both brilliant and kind, making a great choice in a surgeon and specialist.
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Gargiulo did my laparoscopy when my gynecologist recommended surgery to remove a growing cyst, suspected of being endometriosis. I never worried that Dr. Gargiulo's surgical removal and ablation of the cyst was going to be impeccable. I was also surprised, upon first visiting his office, to learn that I was a candidate for his recently published single-site procedure, which meant my laparoscopy done with only one incision, through my belly button. I don't have a scar, and healed quickly!
Derry, NH |
We saw Dr. G after our 3rd miscarriage. We had been trying for a baby for almost 3 years. We only met with him once and he was kind, knowledgeable and empathetic. We came up with a plan and BOOM! I got pregnant and stayed pregnant right away. Our baby turned 6 months old yesterday. We plan on going back to him when we are ready to start trying for number 2! I would recommend him to anyone struggling to conceive or has suffered multiple losses like us. He may just make your dreams come true!!
in Wakefield, MA |
I recently underwent single-site robotic laparoscopic myomectomy performed by Dr Gargiulo. This technique was pioneered at BWH and published in peer reviewed journals. The standard of care was outstanding at every stage and I recovered surprisingly quickly. I was back on my feet within a week with very little post-operative pain. Dr Garguilo will treat you with both skill and compassion and I would urge anyone who is concerned about fibroids to arrange a consultation at BWH.
Dr. Gargiulo is Amazing!!! I was referred to him and told he was The best of the best. I walked in his office, he was kind, understanding, knowledgeable and caring. He was 100% invested my well being and health By the time I walked out of his office, I had a MRI scheduled, follow up appointments on the books and plan for surgery underway. Dr. G was able to do surgery through my belly button and avoid a large cut across stomach. My first Dr. I saw had told me that was not an option.
in Rhode Island |
I could not have asked for a better Doctor to handle my gigantic fibroid. Dr. Gargiulo Is one of the best Doctors I've dealt with. He was able to remove my gigantic (size of a regular human's head) fibroid through robotic Assisted Laparoscopy myomectomy. He left very tiny scars on my belly and reconstructed my belly button perfectly. I could not be any happier to know this thing is out of me. My belly is so flat now, it's amazing. Dr. Gargiulio thank you!!! thank you!! thank you!!!
in Derry, NH |
Dr. Gargiulo is very informative and answered any questions I had throughout the process. At one point after my surgery I had a question so I called the hospital and they told me I would receive a call back momentarily. Not long after Dr. Gargiulo called me back himself to reassure me that I was ok and that what I was experiencing was 100% normal. He was a very nice Doctor.
in Winchester, MA |
Dr. Gargiulo was extremely knowledgeable, kind and professional. I was referred to him over the summer when I was diagnosed with a 12cm fibroid. Dr. Gargiulo walked me through the entire procedure and reassured me that my fertility would remain intact. On the day of my surgery I was completely comfortable with my surgical team, and I will say that my recovery was extremely fast and surprisingly comfortable. Dr. Gargiulo made 4 small incisions, removed the fibroid, and I was on my way to recovery
in Somerville, MA |
When I found out that I had a large fibroid about the size of a softball in my uterus, and the recommendation was to have it removed, I did a lot of research to find out who was the top surgeon in the area specializing in fertility & fibroid removal; all fingers pointed to Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, a specialist in gynecological surgery who works at the Brigham and Women?s Hospital, which is Ranked #2 in the nation for Gynecology. I knew I would be in excellent hands, and I couldn?t be more pleased.
in Exeter, NH |
Dr. Gargiulo and his staff at the Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery in Stratham, NH are at the top of their class. This is by far the nicest group of healthcare professionals I have ever interacted with and would highly recommend. I opted to have a myomectomy for the removal of uterine fibroids at age 50. I am so pleased with the results and it has only been 4 weeks since surgery. Felt fully recovered after 2 weeks and very, very happy that I opted for this surgery.
in Salem, Nh |
I was referred to Dr. Gargiulo by children's hospital. I had recurring uterine fibroids that the children's doctor no longer felt confident in removing without comprising the integrity of my uterus. Dr. Gargiulo felt confident in helping me while also saving my uterus and he did. He saved my uterus and my future of having children. He has a wonderful bed-side manner and always made me feel confident and positive. I will be forever gratefull for this doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Antonio R. Gargiulo, MD?
Are you Dr. Gargiulo?

Compare Dr. Gargiulo

Dr. Gargiulo says...

• I have dedicated my entire medical career to the advancement of reproductive medicine, through high-impact basic and clinical investigation at Harvard Medical School.
  • As a member of CIRS since 1996, I have participated in the management of tens of thousands of infertile couples through cutting-edge medical, laboratory and surgical treatments.
  • I have pioneered robot-assisted reproductive surgery for uterine fibroids, endometriosis and fertility preservation, and am the Medical Director of Robotic Surgery for Brigham and Women's Health Care.
  • I have cared for international patients for over two decades and have acted as a consultant for international fertility centers: I am therefore familiar with international laws and regulations, medications and sensitivities regarding fertility treatment in several nations. This peculiar experience has shaped my practice style to one of open-mindedness, flexibility and heightened cultural awareness.

Dr. Gargiulo's Care Philosophy

Infertility is a true life crisis. Fortunately, it is successfully resolved in over 95% of cases: often without medical intervention. My role as an Infertility expert is to make sure that this journey is as safe, short and dignified as possible.

Reproductive surgery is any surgery aimed at preserving fertility in face of disease, or to enhance fertility as a complement to other fertility treatments. In either case, reproductive surgery is conservative and minimally invasive: I abstain from surgery as much as possible. However, when surgery is clearly indicated, I offer the most cutting edge minimally invasive techniques.

• Infertilty
  • Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
  • Fibroids
  • Endometriosis
  • Fertility Preservation
  • Regret of Tubal Sterilization
  • Genetic Disease

Dr. Gargiulo says...

• In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
  • Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI)
  • Therapeutic Donor Insemination (TDI)
  • Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI): this is IVF for severe male factor infertility.
  • IVF with Donor Eggs: the is IVF for women who no longer have viable eggs but wish to carry.
  • IVF with Gestational Carrier: this is IVF for women who have viable eggs but may not carry.
  • Egg Freezing before Cancer Treatment
  • Egg Freezing for Social Reasons
  • Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD): gene analysis to avoid transmission of disease to baby
  • Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening (PGS): chromosome analysis to select normal embryos for IVF
  • Robot-Assisted Myomectomy: removal of uterine fibroids with uterine reconstruction
  • Robot-Assisted Adenomyomectomy: removal of uterine endometriosis with uterine reconstruction
  • Robot-Assisted Excision of Endometriosis
  • Robot-Assisted Hysterectomy and or Salpingectomy: removal of the uterus and or tubes
  • Robot-Assisted Tubal Reanastomosis: reversal of sterilization

Dr. Gargiulo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
  •  Board certified in Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Gargiulo has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gargiulo's Board Certifications

• Hormone Imbalance
  • Infertility
  • Leiomyoma
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School

Completed in 1998

• French
  • Italian

Dr. Gargiulo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gargiulo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Oophorectomy
  • Operative Hysteroscopy
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted