Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility ·  Male · Age 54

Dr. Gargiulo

Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Federico Ii University Of Naples in 1989 and specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility, fertility medicine, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Gargiulo accepts

Dr. Gargiulo accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Gargiulo treats your condition or procedure

• Laparoscopic Salpingectomy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Leiomyoma
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Ovarian Tumor
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Infertility is a true life crisis. Fortunately, it is successfully resolved in over 95% of cases: often without medical intervention. My role as an Infertility expert is to make sure that this journey is as safe, short and dignified as poss...

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gargiulo

Dr. Gargiulo?
Dr. Gargiulo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD
My experience with Dr. Gargiulo was excellent from start to finish. I was referred by my GYN due to a large fibroid that was continuing to grow on my uterus. Every member of the office is extremely kind and friendly. Dr. Gargiulo answered all my questions and was thorough in reviewing my options -- and I was so pleased that he was able to remove the fibroid and leave my uterus (even though in my case I did not want to have any more children). The prospect of a hysterectomy was very concerning to me. My surgery and recovery went exactly as expected, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. Side note, as I discussed what was going on with a few of my friends I heard so many endorsements of him from others who had been patients in the past, and the same from every medical professional I spoke with. He is highly regarded, and I totally agree!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Dr. Gargiulo is a truly excellent doctor and I can't recommend him enough. In the years I have seen him for treatment, I never once doubted Dr. Gargiulo's expertise, judgment, or advice. He explains everything in great detail and treats you with respect rather than talking down to you. He answers all questions with care and attention. What stands out as well are his kindness, humor, and genuine human touch. He is a generous doctor who clearly loves helping his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Antonio Gargiulo and the entire BWH staff for surgical treatment of uterine fibroids whether or not you live in the greater Boston area. The extraordinary care they provide is worth traveling to BWH, if your budget and health insurance allow. Dr. Gargiulo and hospital staff will go out of their way to facilitate the process for out-of-state patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Gargiulo by my OB after trying for 2 years. My first cycle failed and he called me personally to discuss what happened and with a different treatment plan. I really felt he was treating my case as a personal challenge and we tried a 2nd time. After that failed as well, he called me to his office to explain exactly what my problem was and offered a 3rd try based on his diagnosis. I finally got viable embryos and currently 38 weeks with no complications! Very thankful to him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Dr. Gargiulo was recommended to me by a physician friend, and I can't say enough good things about him. The issues in Dr. Gargiulo's specialty area are often very emotional. He truly cares about his patients and gives you all the time that you need (which may mean that you have to wait, but it is SO worth it). I had several surgeries with him, and am doing so much better. I am so glad that I found Dr. Gargiulo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
I’m an engineer and a doctor.I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Gargiulo.He is extremely detail oriented,focused,a superb skilled surgeon and someone that has a vast knowledge on both topics of fibroids and infertility.His advanced experience and knowledge on the pelvic pathology and infertility gives hope to women like me that have a complicated fibroid and are struggling with fertility.I’m so happy I found someone so competent that I was so calm before surgery knowing that I’m in great hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Dr. Gargiulo is one of the most intelligent, compassionate, and down to earth doctors that I have ever met. My husband and I could not be happier in our decision to switch from another Boston hospital to BWH. I feel extremely safe under his care and trusting of the decisions he makes in my reproductive journey. He recently performed a robotic laparoscopic ablation of my endometriosis, and although my endometriosis case is severe, I am optimistic that he will do everything that he can to help us!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Dr. Gargiulo is excellent. I would highly recommend him for any woman who has symptomatic fibroids and/or endometriosis. I had a robot assisted Laparoscopic myomectomy with laser vaporization and excision of endometriosis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
I am glad that I found Dr Gargiulo to have my myomectomy. From the time I consulted with him, I knew that I found the right and caring surgeon with excellent bedside manner. He skillfully removed 2 large fibroids ( 12 cm; a 7 cm transmural) and 6 smaller ones during 6 hours on October 2, 2017. I have a quick recovery. Dr Gargiulo is the best at this type of surgery. I highly recommend him to my friends in need of surgery. And the best of it all, he is gifted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
What a wonderful bedside manner & level of comfort Dr Garguilo gives his patients & their family. I had a complex 7 hr myomectomy performed by Dr. Garguilo at Brigham and Women's. I traveled from Fairfield county in CT for every visit & my surgery. This was after a NYC Dr. was hesitant to perform my surgery due to the size & placement of my fibroids as well as the fact part of my bowels was attached to my uterus due to endo. Well I am now pregnant with my first child. Thank you Dr Garguilio!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Smiling Dr Gargiulo sat with me with my actual MRI images to show me what was what and which cysts were fluid filled and then the difference with this one other one’s characteristics of concern. He said “I don’t want to touch this unless you already have a baby at home.” He said when you cut the ovary, you take away useful tissue and though he agreed that it was a cyst that could shift and to continue to watch, he cleared me to go ahead with IVF. He talks to you not at you and is to be trusted!
This has got to be one of the best reviews I have...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Dr. Gargiulo was literally a life saver. He conducted a very difficult robotic surgery to remove my uterus and Fallopian tube because they were nonfunctional and causing me to have bad pain in my pelvis. Dr. Gargiulo had me in and out of the hospital in the same day. Life returned to normal in a few days. His bed-side manner and communication were excellent. You can tell he cares about his patients. If you are having problems with your uterus, Fallopian tubes, etc, please seek his advice!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
My husband and I went to see Dr. Gargiulo after several months of trying to get pregnant. Ultimately, we were patients of Dr. Gargiulo for two years. In additional to his evident medical expertise, Dr. Gargiulo was kind, compassionate, sympathetic, and supportive. At times, when all seemed without hope, his tempered optimism was exactly what we needed to persevere through a physically and emotionally grueling experience to ultimately be successful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Dr. Gargiulo and the entire staff at the Center for Reproductive care was so sensitive to our needs throughout the entire IVF process, from the first meeting to the exit interview. We are so grateful in the role they played in helping start our family; I would encourage anyone struggling with infertility to book your first appointment to meet them and discuss your options. The staff is professional and compassionate. I feel so lucky to have the advice and expertise of Boston doctors in Stratham.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Extremely genuine. He is obviously in this field to make a difference in the world and that he is certainly doing in a positive way. He is very understanding and has all the characteristics a doctor should have. He is a valuable asset to anyone who needs him whether it's a medical institution or patient. His combination of high quality education and experience matches his awesome attitude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Gargiulo and the staff in NH. I initially went to see the doctor due to an issue with fibroids. He provided excellent medical advice and care while his staff supported and made sure that the care was carried out. I travel for a living and this was really no issue. I later went back after realizing IVF was my best choice for conception. The care was so great and nothing compared to what i'd heard about other experiences. I even referred a friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
I recently visited Dr. Gargiulo for fertility treatment. My husband and I had been trying to conceive for a couple of years. We are both 43 years old and after a failed IVF cycle elsewhere, we went to see Dr. Gargioulo. I had a couple of factors working against me. The age factor, a missing fallopian tube which had raptured as a result of an ectopic pregnancy in 2014 and a prior laparoscopic myomectomy that took out 6 large fibroids. Other doctors had encouraged me to consider a donor egg due
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Dr. Gargiulo is both brilliant and kind, making a great choice in a surgeon and specialist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
Dr. Gargiulo did my laparoscopy when my gynecologist recommended surgery to remove a growing cyst, suspected of being endometriosis. I never worried that Dr. Gargiulo's surgical removal and ablation of the cyst was going to be impeccable. I was also surprised, upon first visiting his office, to learn that I was a candidate for his recently published single-site procedure, which meant my laparoscopy done with only one incision, through my belly button. I don't have a scar, and healed quickly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, MD?
We saw Dr. G after our 3rd miscarriage. We had been trying for a baby for almost 3 years. We only met with him once and he was kind, knowledgeable and empathetic. We came up with a plan and BOOM! I got pregnant and stayed pregnant right away. Our baby turned 6 months old yesterday. We plan on going back to him when we are ready to start trying for number 2! I would recommend him to anyone struggling to conceive or has suffered multiple losses like us. He may just make your dreams come true!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gargiulo?

Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery - Brigham and Women's Hospital

Center for Reproductive Care

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gargiulo treats patients.