Dr. Antonio Bird, MD

Addiction Psychiatry •  Male • Age 53

Dr. Bird
5 Doctors Park Asheville, NC 28801

(828) 232-1994

Dr. Antonio Bird, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Asheville, NC. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bird to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

See similar Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in Asheville

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Bird accepts

(828) 232-1994

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check if Dr. Bird treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Bird's conditions and procedures:

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence

Dr. Bird's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bird

4.4

Dr. Bird?
  • Office environment (18)
  • Appointment scheduling (17)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (17)
  • Long wait times (16)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
Very comfortable setting and overall great experience, especially in regards to most other options I have ever experienced.
Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
Dr Bird has saved my life. I have been a patient of his for ~5 years. I truly look forward to our sessions. My confidence has grown leaps-and-bounds as a result of our work. I say “our” because Dr.Bird is the only psychiatrist that has honestly WORKED with me to build my own ability to perceive life in a strong light of positivity. We work together, so I never feel as if I ever have to face a challenge alone. If you are looking for a doctor who really cares, please do not hesitate. Dr.Bird and his amazing staff will help you too. Become better, love yourself, you deserve a great doctor.
Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
I have had an excellent experience with Dr. Bird. My husband said that I have improved 110 percent since I began therapy with Dr. Bird. It doesn’t get any better than that. Mary Beth is the consummate professional and is welcoming and kind. I highly recommend this highly intelligent and capable team.
Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
Dr. Bird is an exceptional physician. He has helped me immensely in the past two years. Dr. Bird and Mary Beth have treated me like family- I feel welcomed and cared for. With the help of Dr. Bird, I truly feel like I’m finally starting to get my life back. If you are ready and willing to put in the time and effort to change your life, then Dr. Bird (and Mary Beth) will be there for support and encouragement.
Mar 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
I’ve been with Dr. Bird for over 5 years now, and I have nothing but good feelings for them. I am truly thankful to have found them.
Doug in Waynesville, NC – Feb 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
Calling Dr. Byrd is probably the best thing I’ve done for myself. I knew within minutes of talking to Mary Beth that his practice would be a safe and kind environment. He has never judged me on my shortcomings and is eager to celebrate my successes. He is patient and I’ve been allowed to design my own treatment program. Needing help is nothing to be ashamed of. A huge weight will be lifted off your shoulders from your very first visit. You don’t have to carry it alone.
H in Asheville , NC – Aug 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
I urge anyone with an addiction, or anyone who has had a difficulty childhood. PLEASE do yourself a favor. You deserve the best. You deserve to heal. You deserve Dr. Bird. I would travel hours to see this amazing doctor. He is that great. I cannot begin to imiagine my life now without seeing him now going on four years. Please do not look any further. I cannot say enough great things, except he helped me save my life! That's pretty amazing. SH
SH in NC – Jun 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
Dr. Bird and Mary Beth are amazing. I have been working with Dr. Bird for around three years and I feel so extremely fortunate to have found him. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs the assistance he offers.
Dec 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
He is a great doctor, super knowledgeable on the subject and truly after the success for his patients. Its not an easy field of healthcare to address, and probably the harshest of all reviewers on the topic because if they don't get what they want they'll be happy to review harshly. He's been a blessing in my husbands life and have given us another chance at life.
Marion, NC – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Bird's office for over about a year now and have nothing but a great patient/doctor relationship with him. I have been able to not only get my life back together but have also soared past my expectations by far!! If you are ready to get your life back then please see this caring, smart, funny, and kind doctor. It's not all just magic, if you put in the work he will do his job and together you will come up with plan for success. Just be honest with yourself and Dr. Bird!
M.H. – Apr 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
He is a great doctor. He cares about his patients and wants them to succeed. The staff is friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend Dr Bird's office.
JC in Asheville, NC – Mar 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
We, the clients, often want it both ways - to have an engaged therapist who helps us grow AND an official who just writes the prescription and sends us on our way. I've been seeing Dr. Bird for over 3 years and I think he does a great job of balancing those two contradictory expectations. If you're prepared to do the work of recovery yourself, Dr. Bird will do his part. The counselor who heads the group therapy sessions is great. It's all out-of-network, but my plan still pays most of my costs.
Anonymous in Asheville, NC – Jan 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
Dr. Bird and his staff are wonderful! They are always friendly and willing to help. They will work with you whatever your situation is whether it's financial or scheduling. Everyone is great and they truly care about your well being. I highly recommend for anyone ready to turn their life around!
T.R. in Asheville, NC – Nov 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
Dr. Bird is an exceptional physician. He has helped me so much in the short time I’ve been a patient at his office (about 6 months). With the help of Dr. Bird, I feel like I’m finally starting to get my life back. He’s not your average doctor for sure. How many doctors do you know who would say, “If you don’t have the money today, just try to pay your balance in the next week or so?” The kindness doesn’t stop there. His staff exhibits the same level of respect and kindness as well. I’ve never fe
MikeB in Black Mountain, NC – Sep 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
Dr bird and his staff are very good at what they do. Organized, kind, understanding, and everything else you could want from a doctors office. I've been going to him for the past few years and have been extremely pleased with the experience.
Drew in Asheville, nc – Aug 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
When I finally decided to look into treatment options I must have called five places before calling Doctor byrd's office but I knew within the first five minutes speaking with the kind lady in the office that this was the place for me. Everyone is kind caring and friendly. My life has changed completely and I am so great full for Doctor Byrd and his associates. Best decision I've ever made. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a permanent life change. Thanks guys for changing my life
James j in Asheville, NC – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
I have enjoyed my experience with Dr bird. I think its a great practice and they have a great support system. I think they have been very helpful.
J in Hendersonville – Apr 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
He is rude and unhelpful. He answered none of my questions with satisfactory answers. Totally felt like I was just paying a fee to be handed a prescription with little to no interaction. Was misled about his rules. His drug test came back saying I did a drug I didn't do and another one came back and said I wasn't taking my prescription which was not the case. If you want a doc that you just pay and get subs to sell this is the doc for you. If you legitimately want help with recovery keep lookn
Dr Jekyll in NC – Feb 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. His bed side manner was atrocious. He was patronizing, cold, and condescending in our sessions, which barely lasted more than 15 minutes. For $325 a session, I would have expected him to at least try to be friendly. I asked for advice on a matter that was troubling me, and all he could say was find a therapist. For a practice that is supposed to be based on mutual trust, I felt very uncomfortable.
Asheville, NC – Jan 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bird?

• Addiction Psychiatry