Dr. Antonio Bird, MD

Dr. Antonio Bird, MD

Addiction Psychiatry  |
Dr. Antonio Bird, MD is an addiction psychiatry doctor who practices in Asheville, NC. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

5 Doctors Park

Asheville, NC 28801

(828) 232-1994

Learn about Dr. Bird

Dr. Bird's Experience

Dr. Bird's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry

• Addiction Psychiatry

• Addiction Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*
  • Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Psychiatric Diseases

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Dartmouth College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • U Of Buffalo SUNY Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • U Nc At Chapel Hill
  • Musc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bird has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bird does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bird and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bird's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bird to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Bird's Performance
Marion, NC |
He is a great doctor, super knowledgeable on the subject and truly after the success for his patients. Its not an easy field of healthcare to address, and probably the harshest of all reviewers on the topic because if they don't get what they want they'll be happy to review harshly. He's been a blessing in my husbands life and have given us another chance at life.
I have been going to Dr. Bird's office for over about a year now and have nothing but a great patient/doctor relationship with him. I have been able to not only get my life back together but have also soared past my expectations by far!! If you are ready to get your life back then please see this caring, smart, funny, and kind doctor. It's not all just magic, if you put in the work he will do his job and together you will come up with plan for success. Just be honest with yourself and Dr. Bird!
in Asheville, NC |
He is a great doctor. He cares about his patients and wants them to succeed. The staff is friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend Dr Bird's office.
in Asheville, NC |
We, the clients, often want it both ways - to have an engaged therapist who helps us grow AND an official who just writes the prescription and sends us on our way. I've been seeing Dr. Bird for over 3 years and I think he does a great job of balancing those two contradictory expectations. If you're prepared to do the work of recovery yourself, Dr. Bird will do his part. The counselor who heads the group therapy sessions is great. It's all out-of-network, but my plan still pays most of my costs.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. Bird and his staff are wonderful! They are always friendly and willing to help. They will work with you whatever your situation is whether it's financial or scheduling. Everyone is great and they truly care about your well being. I highly recommend for anyone ready to turn their life around!
in Asheville NC |
I chose Dr. Bird rather than some doctors whom simply took a class to be "certified" to prescribe Sub. because Dr. Bird holds his patients accountable for correct usage of the drug. This gracious doctor has helped me gain confidence in myself through some intense therapy sessions. I am truly greatful for him. He has fit me in to his schedule when I need him. Throughout therapy, he has helped me see I am not a bad person, I am worth happiness. I highly urge you call Dr Bird, caring MD, for YOU.
in Black Mountain, NC |
Dr. Bird is an exceptional physician. He has helped me so much in the short time I’ve been a patient at his office (about 6 months). With the help of Dr. Bird, I feel like I’m finally starting to get my life back. He’s not your average doctor for sure. How many doctors do you know who would say, “If you don’t have the money today, just try to pay your balance in the next week or so?” The kindness doesn’t stop there. His staff exhibits the same level of respect and kindness as well. I’ve never fe
in Asheville, nc |
Dr bird and his staff are very good at what they do. Organized, kind, understanding, and everything else you could want from a doctors office. I've been going to him for the past few years and have been extremely pleased with the experience.
in Asheville, NC |
When I finally decided to look into treatment options I must have called five places before calling Doctor byrd's office but I knew within the first five minutes speaking with the kind lady in the office that this was the place for me. Everyone is kind caring and friendly. My life has changed completely and I am so great full for Doctor Byrd and his associates. Best decision I've ever made. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a permanent life change. Thanks guys for changing my life
in Hendersonville |
I have enjoyed my experience with Dr bird. I think its a great practice and they have a great support system. I think they have been very helpful.
in NC |
He is rude and unhelpful. He answered none of my questions with satisfactory answers. Totally felt like I was just paying a fee to be handed a prescription with little to no interaction. Was misled about his rules. His drug test came back saying I did a drug I didn't do and another one came back and said I wasn't taking my prescription which was not the case. If you want a doc that you just pay and get subs to sell this is the doc for you. If you legitimately want help with recovery keep lookn
Asheville, NC |
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. His bed side manner was atrocious. He was patronizing, cold, and condescending in our sessions, which barely lasted more than 15 minutes. For $325 a session, I would have expected him to at least try to be friendly. I asked for advice on a matter that was troubling me, and all he could say was find a therapist. For a practice that is supposed to be based on mutual trust, I felt very uncomfortable.
Have you seen Dr. Antonio Bird, MD?
Are you Dr. Bird?