Dr. Antoine Adam, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Adam's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Adam's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatrynull
  • Psychiatrynull

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Adam

Dr. Adam accepts 5 insurance carriers

5 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
      • Oxford Health Plans

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Adam has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Adam

Dr. Adam's Review Details
      4.7 based on 123 responses
      Experience with Dr. Adam
      Dr. Adam's Office & Staff
        Under 10 minutes (118)
      in Brooklyn, NY |
      I have been a patient of Dr. Adam for more than 2 years. I would recommend Dr. Adam because he seems always to remember the details of my history at every session. He takes interest in getting to know me as a person, and he listens carefully. I was recently under observation at Brookdale Hospital, and he was patient to provide information to ER doctors. Not to mention that he is an excellent psychopharmacologist, and he prescribes only as a last recourse, when you are going trough a lot.
      in Brooklyn, NY |
      Excellent provider and compassionate psychiatrist. I have never had any issues for the past 8 months coming here, and I pay my fees.
      in Brooklyn, NY |
      I have been seeing Dr. Adam for 2 years, and he has never been anything short of compassionate, professional and objective. As a patient, I have always fulfilled my responsibilities, such as paying my copays, and if I ever missed an appointment, I usually paid for the missed visit on his website. He's the best!!!
      in Bethlehem, PA |
      DO NOT SEE! THERE ARE MUCH BETTER OPTIONS FOR YOU.
      in Bronx, NY |
      An excellent practice where you can receive integrated and holistic care. They have nutritionists and other specialists on site for prompt referral. Dr Adam also has an excellent psychotherapist with lots of experience to help him provide all services onsite. I like them and find them reliable and practical.
      in Brooklyn, NY |
      Dr. Adam is very personable and focuses directly on your issues. I suffer from vertebral osteomyelitis, and besides him being supportive and understanding of the psychological impact this diagnosis has had on me, he managed to get in touch with my doctors at Bellevue Hospital to discuss possible drug interactions my antibiotics could have had with my psychotrropic medications that he put me on. Overall, empathetic, engaging, and professional psychiatrist.
      in Brooklyn, NY |
      I have been seeing Dr. Adam since March 2014, and I have nothing to complain about. Besides being reliable and competent (by the way he's an excellent psychopharmacologist), he's one of the few psychiatrists who does not insist that you always come to see him more than you have to. He's usually on time, and if he cannot see me because I arrive very late, he makes sure that I get a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. He is a very busy psychiatrist, and that says it all.
      in New York, NY |
      I called Dr. Adam for an appointment. His prices were out of my range so I asked for a recommendation. He refused and sent me to the website Psychology today and told me to do it myself. I said that I was doing it myself by calling around and asking for a rec, but he said there was nothing he could do. I found him to be both rude and a waste of time.
      in New York, NY |
      Wonderful! Sincere and honest. He went out of his way for me. He has adjusted my medicines and now I am feeling better. I am pushing my boundaries and challenging myself.
      in Bronx, NY |
      I have been recommending Dr Adam since I started seeing him 2 years ago. He is empathetic, down-to-earth and understanding. He really explains everything to you and encourages you to work seriously on your problems. I really trusted him, even more after he was able to prescribe the right medications to me. My treatment regimen included before I saw him 5 psychotropic medications; he made adjustments over a period of four months and reduced that number to 2 medications. I feel grateful to him.
      Have you seen Dr. Adam?
      Are you Dr. Adam? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Adam

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
      • Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
      • Adjustment Disorder
      • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
      • Bipolar Disorder
      • Depression
      • Depressive Disorders
      • Major Depressive Disorder
      • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
      • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
      • Psychiatric Diseases
      • Schizoaffective Disorder
      • Schizophrenia
      • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Medication Management
      • Psychiatric Evaluation
      • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for New York.

Central University of Este (Uce) / School of Medicine
        Drexel University Coll Med
        New York Medical College
        University of Arizona
        New York University
      • Other Education
        New York University
        Teaching Hosps

Dr. Adam has no media or publications listed.

• French
      • German
      • Portuguese
      ×

Dr. Adam's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
      • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Adam

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Adam's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Adam

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Adam's Care Philosophy

Dr. Antoine Adam is an all-around senior psychiatrist with a private clinical practice trained in both pharmacologic management and talk therapy to provide comprehensive evaluation and specialized treatment for emotional and psychological problems, relationship issues and psychiatric disorders. Psychotherapy and medication are judiciously considered in order to best meet the needs of the individual.

Areas of specialization are ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Mood and Psychotic Disorders, with a focus on job performance, social integration and academic achievement. Dr. Adam focuses on the person not as a disease model, but valuing and respecting them, working with them on how to go on about learning how to stand on their own two feet and fulfill their potential.