Psychiatry  |
Male
Dr. Antoine Adam, MD
Dr. Antoine Adam, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in New York, NY. Dr. Adam is affiliated with Saint Joseph's Medical Center.

ANTOINE ADAM MD COUNSELING AND MENTAL HEALTH

11 5th Ave Ste A

New York, NY 10003

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Adam

Dr. Antoine Adam is an all-around senior psychiatrist with a private clinical practice trained in both pharmacologic management and talk therapy to provide comprehensive evaluation and specialized treatment for emotional and psychological problems, relationship issues and psychiatric disorders. Psychotherapy and medication are judiciously considered in order to best meet the needs of the individual.

Areas of specialization are ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Mood and Psychotic Disorders, with a focus on job performance, social integration and academic achievement. Dr. Adam focuses on the person not as a disease model, but valuing and respecting them, working with them on how to go on about learning how to stand on their own two feet and fulfill their potential.

Dr. Adam's Experience

Dr. Adam's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York University
  • New York University
    Other Education | Completed
  • Teaching Hosps
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Adam has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • German
  • Portuguese

Dr. Adam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Adam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Adam's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Adam to family and friends
Dr. Adam's Performance
in Brooklyn, NY |
I was referred to Dr Adam by my drug treatment program because of ongoing issues with depression and mood swings. His secretary was really nice and helpful, guiding me to available resources at the practice such as metacognitive therapy and general individual therapy. I found Dr Adam easy to talk to, and knowledgeable about medication options for people with dual diagnosis such as myself. It's been now 5 months coming here, and also worth it paying out-of-pocket. I recommend him highly.
in bronx, ny |
HE IS ATTENDING MY MOTHER WHO HAD A MENTAL BREAKDOWN LAST YEAR,HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL
Brooklyn, NY |
I was a established patient with Dr Adam I was on a regular medication refilled every 3 months all my other medication I take from other Drs only required me to schedule an appointment ever 3 months for refill since I have other medical attentions and working my time is limited in the past when I went to see dr for anxiety Meds it was only required to come every 3 months Dr Adam wanted you to come every 2 months I believe this was to collect more insurace money!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Adam has helped me control anxiety and ADHD with medication and psychotherapy. He takes my insurance but given the limited amount of time that we spend together during medication visits, I recommend that clients also see a therapist for better outcome.
in Manhattan, NY |
I have been seeing Dr Adam for 3 years now. He took over from my previous psychiatrist who had left. I have been feeling calm and positive on the only medication that he had prescribed me back then. I continue to see him regularly and he is very kind and helpful.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Adam reduced my medications from a number of 9 to only 4 over a period of three months. I felt like I was overmedicated by my previous psychiatrist, and I went to Dr Adam for a second opinion. The result I got from him was excellent. He is analytical and explains every step.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Happy with Dr Adam and my therapist, close to my home, and affordable. Excellent medication management service. Reliable and smart.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been able to overcome anxiety and challenge my defenses, and live a stable life, all the while listening to me when I am in session. Dr. Adam is very interested in helping me change. He charges me just what I could afford, and the service is efficient. He did my prior authorization for the medication within 48 hours. Terrific!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Adam for more than 2 years. I would recommend Dr. Adam because he seems always to remember the details of my history at every session. He takes interest in getting to know me as a person, and he listens carefully. I was recently under observation at Brookdale Hospital, and he was patient to provide information to ER doctors. Not to mention that he is an excellent psychopharmacologist, and he prescribes only as a last recourse, when you are going trough a lot.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Excellent provider and compassionate psychiatrist. I have never had any issues for the past 8 months coming here, and I pay my fees.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Adam for 2 years, and he has never been anything short of compassionate, professional and objective. As a patient, I have always fulfilled my responsibilities, such as paying my copays, and if I ever missed an appointment, I usually paid for the missed visit on his website. He's the best!!!
in Bethlehem, PA |
DO NOT SEE! THERE ARE MUCH BETTER OPTIONS FOR YOU.
in Bronx, NY |
An excellent practice where you can receive integrated and holistic care. They have nutritionists and other specialists on site for prompt referral. Dr Adam also has an excellent psychotherapist with lots of experience to help him provide all services onsite. I like them and find them reliable and practical.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Adam is very personable and focuses directly on your issues. I suffer from vertebral osteomyelitis, and besides him being supportive and understanding of the psychological impact this diagnosis has had on me, he managed to get in touch with my doctors at Bellevue Hospital to discuss possible drug interactions my antibiotics could have had with my psychotrropic medications that he put me on. Overall, empathetic, engaging, and professional psychiatrist.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Adam since March 2014, and I have nothing to complain about. Besides being reliable and competent (by the way he's an excellent psychopharmacologist), he's one of the few psychiatrists who does not insist that you always come to see him more than you have to. He's usually on time, and if he cannot see me because I arrive very late, he makes sure that I get a follow-up appointment as soon as possible. He is a very busy psychiatrist, and that says it all.
in New York, NY |
I called Dr. Adam for an appointment. His prices were out of my range so I asked for a recommendation. He refused and sent me to the website Psychology today and told me to do it myself. I said that I was doing it myself by calling around and asking for a rec, but he said there was nothing he could do. I found him to be both rude and a waste of time.
in New York, NY |
Wonderful! Sincere and honest. He went out of his way for me. He has adjusted my medicines and now I am feeling better. I am pushing my boundaries and challenging myself.
in Bronx, NY |
I have been recommending Dr Adam since I started seeing him 2 years ago. He is empathetic, down-to-earth and understanding. He really explains everything to you and encourages you to work seriously on your problems. I really trusted him, even more after he was able to prescribe the right medications to me. My treatment regimen included before I saw him 5 psychotropic medications; he made adjustments over a period of four months and reduced that number to 2 medications. I feel grateful to him.
Have you seen Dr. Antoine Adam, MD?
Are you Dr. Adam?