Dr. Antoine Abed, MD
Dr. Antoine Abed, MD is a Pulmonology Specialist in New York, NY and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Abed has extensive experience in Obstructive Lung Disease, Pulmonary Vascular Conditions, and Sleep Apnea. He graduated from Amer U Beirut medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with medical facilities Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital, winners of the Pulmonary Care Excellence Award. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.
Healthgrades Provider Compare™
Quickly compare more Pulmonology Specialists in your area
Dr. Abed is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital New York, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for pulmonary disease.
At a Glance
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Practices at Top HospitalAmerica’s 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care Award™ • See hospitals
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Abed
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Abed treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Abed treats other conditions, please contact the office at (212) 749-7960.
Obstructive Lung Disease
Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Abed is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
Pulmonary Vascular Conditions
Pulmonary vascular specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the flow of blood between the heart and lungs, including pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary embolism.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Abed is experienced in the area of Pulmonary Vascular Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures
Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Abed is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Abed's experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Abed's conditions and procedures:
- Acute Bronchitis
- Acute Lower Respiratory Infection
- Acute Pharyngitis
- Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
- Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
- Bronchoprovocation Test
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
- Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Home Sleep Study
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis
- Influenza (Flu)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Low Blood Oxygen Level
- Lung Abscess
- Lung Diffusion Capacity Test
- Lung Nodule
- Metastatic Respiratory System Cancer
- Mycobacterial Lung Infection
- Partial Lung Collapse
- PET-CT Scan
- Pleural Effusion
- Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
- Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Eosinophilia
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Insufficiency
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
- Respirator Fit Evaluations
- Respiratory Failure
- Respiratory Management
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Rheumatoid Lung Disease
- Septic Embolism
- Shortness of Breath
- Sleep Apnea
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Tuberculosis Screening
- Ultrasound, Endobronchial
- Viral Infection
- Wegener's Granulomatosis
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Abed accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Abed accepts the following insurance:
- Personal Choice PPO
- Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
- Blue Priority (Select Network)-NY
- Empire (Select Network)-NY POS
- National (BlueCard Basic) PPO
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- Choice Care PPO
- MultiPlan PPO