Dr. Anthony Virella, MD

Dr. Anthony Virella, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Anthony Virella, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Westlake Village, CA and has been practicing for 15 years. He specializes in neurosurgery and neurological spine surgery.Read his story

Virella Neurosurgery

32144 Agoura Rd Ste 220

Westlake Village, CA 91361

Learn about Dr. Virella

See how frequently Dr. Virella performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
Intervertebral Disc Disease

Dr. Virella's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Virella's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Virella "I am a fellowship trained spinal neurosurgeon. After receiving my medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, I completed my internship in General Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania, my Neurosurgery Residency at UCLA, and Complex Spine Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic under the direction of Edward C. Benzel, MD. Additional training included a Minimally Invasive Spine Fellowship at UCLA, which included involvement in the development of many of the minimally invasive spine techniques used globally today. I care for a variety of patients with spinal disorders from herniated discs to complex spinal instrumentations and fusions. I believe patients have a right to be armed with the latest information about the risks and benefits regarding a particular procedure and then together with the surgeon make an educated decision regarding the appropriate course of action. Surgery is not always the first answer, many conditions can be treated without surgery. When surgery is indicated, I believe the patient should be offered cutting edge minimally invasive techniques, which reduce patient discomfort, reduce length of hospital stays, and offer faster return to work times. The choice to perform surgery should only be made after ALL the conservative modalities have been exhausted."

This content was provided by Dr. Virella "I am a fellowship trained spinal neurosurgeon. After receiving my medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, I completed my internship in General Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania, my Neurosurgery Residency at UCLA, and Complex Spine Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic under the direction of Edward C. Benzel, MD. Additional training included a Minimally Invasive Spine Fellowship at UCLA, which included involvement in the development of many of the minimally invasive spine techniques used globally today. I care for a variety of patients with spinal disorders from herniated discs to complex spinal instrumentations and fusions. I believe patients have a right to be armed with the latest information about the risks and benefits regarding a particular procedure and then together with the surgeon make an educated decision regarding the appropriate course of action. Surgery is not always the first answer, many conditions can be treated without surgery. When surgery is indicated, I believe the patient should be offered cutting edge minimally invasive techniques, which reduce patient discomfort, reduce length of hospital stays, and offer faster return to work times. The choice to perform surgery should only be made after ALL the conservative modalities have been exhausted. Please call our office today for an appointment, we are committed to excellence in patient care!!"

• Neurosurgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

No malpractice history found for California.

• Hofstra University
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University of California At Los Angeles
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Virella has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Virella does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Virella and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Virella's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Virella

3.0

Dr. Virella?
Dr. Virella's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anthony Virella, MD
Dr Virella performed a lumbar fusion after I had a severe car accident. I tried physical therapy, aquatic therapy, and epidurals, however, surgery became my only option. My surgery was a success! I am now pain free and was able to return to work after only 8 weeks with a brace. I have had two...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Virella, MD?
I think this very skilled man- this amazing office staff- they really care- I have had many spine surgeries, and Dr.Virella took on my case- I can stand and walk again. My dreams that had died are coming back. His skill,expertise and dedication is just beyond words! I am so grateful! And it's...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Virella, MD?
Dr Virella performed surgery on my back and alleviated all of my pain. They worked with my insurance so there was no problem there. Recovery time was longer than I expected but well worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Virella, MD?
OB sent me to him about serious pain (with MRIs) during a pregnancy that was weeks away from delivery he approached the appointment as if it was a waste of his time and that this case was not serious. After realizing he had nothing to say I began asking questions as to when I should begin to be...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Virella, MD?
WORSE DOCTOR EVER. I WOULD NOT TAKE MY DOG TO SEE HIM. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED LIKE CRAP AND GOUGED FOR YOUR MONEY THAN THIS IS THE PLACE. AND HIS OFFICE MANAGER ACTS ALL SWEET UNTIL ITS TIME TO COLLECT MONEY. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS MONEY.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Virella, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Virella?