Dr. Anthony P. Vastola, MD

Dr. Anthony P. Vastola, MD

Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) | Male | 58 years old

28 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Anthony P. Vastola, MD, FACS graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a BS in Molecular Biology and went on to receive his Medical Degree from the Boston University School of Medicine. He completed his residency at both the NY Hospital - Cornell Medical Center for General Surgery and at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital for Otolaryngology.Read more

Dr. Vastola's Experience

See how Dr. Vastola's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vastola

Dr. Vastola accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Vastola has admitting privileges.

Dr. Vastola's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vastola to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Vastola's Performance
Eatontown, NJ |
Rude, condescending and abrupt! Should not be a doctor let alone a pediatric doctor.
Eatontown, NJ |
Obnoxious, condescending, rude!My daughter & I brought my 5yr old grandson in 4 nosebleeds.My grandson was anxious about the exam since he once was cauterized.Vastola comes in barely looks at us&proceeds 2 ask questions.My grandson says 2 him,"Please don't put any cotton in my nose as he cried."Vastola responds evasively w/o making eye contact,"We'll just have 2 see after I assess."As we began to explain our concerns he remarks,"I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."He is an awful man.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Vastola was very dismissive and did not show any urgency or concern towards fixing my ENT issues. I explained to him I literally sneeze 50 times a day and all he did for me was refer me to the in office allergist (after i told him I had a scratch allergy test done last year and it came back NO ALLERGIES.) and he write me a script for a nose spray. I believe in finding the root of the cause, not only treating symptoms with medication, I could have just went to CVS for that, waste of time.
in Brooklyn, NY |
From the first day we were introduced, I just knew that I would be able to trust him with the care of my son. Dr. Vastola's presence was very warming and he had the personality to match. He gave a clear diagnosis, as well as a clear idea as to how we wanted to go about treatment. Any questions that I was capable of asking, were answered for me way before I could even ask them! I simply LOVED that!!! He definitely has a way with children, there is no doubt about that. It's a God given gift!
in New York, NY |
I see where a few people said he was rude, condescending etc. I have never received any or those actions from him. He took of my 1 1/2 son and my 3 yr old daughter on the 26th of this month. I had no problems what's so ever. He answered all my questions, he introduce himself and his bed side manner was great. I had to call his service about my son who wanted milk at 2 in the morning and he got the message and called me back. I don't know why these other people experienced a dad time with him.
in SI, NY |
Rude. Condescending. Did not give any information. Did not answer questions. Did not address my concerns.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Vastola did not introduce himself, did not ask who I was in relation to the patient (my son). He was rude, dismissive, condescending, abrupt. He seemed annoyed to be there. Why is he a pediatric doctor if he hates children? Unbelievable. Stay away from this man.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Vastola did not introduce himself nor ask who I was. He was supposed to examine my child, I suppose he assumed I was his mother. He was very abrupt, rude, and condescending. I wonder if he acts the same way when dealing with men. When I tried asking questions about my child's condition he was irritated and dismissive. He seemed as though he did not want to be bothered. Very awful experience. I advise never going to this doctor.
in Staten Island, NY |
In addition to not addressing my main concern, this so called professional was discourteous and condescending.
in Staten Island NY |
Rude! Rude! Barely looked at my son. Very condescending. I would never go back there. Truly a horror. Terrible awful experience. I am legitimate concern for my son and he did not care. Looked at his ears and was telling me to leave. I asked about his annoids and he told me he didn't want to check because it involves sticking a tube down his throat. Complete waste of time. I wish I could tell insurance not to pay him! He doesn't deserve to be paid for this visit!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Vastola was abrupt and condescending. He interrupted me and did not address my concern.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony P. Vastola, MD?
Are you Dr. Vastola?

Dr. Vastola's Care Philosophy

Dr. Vastola's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Vastola has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Vastola's Board Certifications

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis

Completed in 1990

Manhattan Eet Hospital

Completed in 1993

Texas Children's Hospital

Dr. Vastola does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vastola and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy