Dr. Anthony Vastola, MD

Dr. Anthony Vastola, MD

Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)  |
Dr. Anthony Vastola, MD is a pediatric otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) doctor who practices in Brooklyn, NY. He is 59 years old.

1 Pierrepont Plz Ste 1301

Brooklyn, NY 11201

• AvMed
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Vastola

See how frequently Dr. Vastola performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Adenoidectomy
Tonsillectomy
Ear Tube Placement

Dr. Vastola's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Vastola "Anthony P. Vastola, MD, FACS graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a BS in Molecular Biology and went on to receive his Medical Degree from the Boston University School of Medicine. He completed his residency at both the NY Hospital - Cornell Medical Center for General Surgery and at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital for Otolaryngology."

• Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Paracentesis
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Uvulectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Boston University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Ny Hospital Cornell Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Manhattan Eet Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Texas Children's Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Vastola has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vastola does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vastola and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vastola's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vastola to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Vastola's Performance
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Vastola lacks compassion for children with special needs I was told to reap what I So and you should have brought the father he didn’t turn his head to speak to me this was a terrible experience for my children DO NOT ever go to this doctor I left with no answers and disgusted with how my children were spoken to and treated by a professional I was shocked and appalled I walked out feeling disgusted after waiting over an hour He is the most uncompassionarte rude obnoxious doctor NEVER GO
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Vastola is the best of the best. We saw him to have tubes put in my 5yo daughter's ears when she continued to fail hearing tests due to fluid in her ears. He spoke to both my daughter and myself with respect, listened to our concerns, and answered our questions. On the day of surgery, he helped put us at ease with his sense of humor (and his anesthesiologist was fantastic with my daughter). The office staff was super friendly, especially the audiologists. Great experience overall.
New York, NY |
Should've done more research before going to this doctor. They don't care for their patients my son has chronic ear pain and they couldn't schedule anything for sooner than 2 months!! Ridiculous
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Vastola and staff were very patient and kind to my children and I. Their professional and friendliness attitude made us feel at ease. We are satisfied with their service!
in Staten Island, NY |
I can see how people can feel this way about the doc, BUT he does care and he is the best ENT for kids around.My son has been experiencing issuses with his ears and hearing since he's 2 years old and the doc was very patient and helped us very much so. We still use him and my son adores him. I think once you go to him a few times you may realize hes not rude BUT a very very busy man but gets the job done correctly. He's on point and very trust worthy. That is his personality. Your mistaken.
Eatontown, NJ |
Rude, condescending and abrupt! Should not be a doctor let alone a pediatric doctor.
Eatontown, NJ |
Obnoxious, condescending, rude!My daughter & I brought my 5yr old grandson in 4 nosebleeds.My grandson was anxious about the exam since he once was cauterized.Vastola comes in barely looks at us&proceeds 2 ask questions.My grandson says 2 him,"Please don't put any cotton in my nose as he cried."Vastola responds evasively w/o making eye contact,"We'll just have 2 see after I assess."As we began to explain our concerns he remarks,"I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."He is an awful man.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Vastola was very dismissive and did not show any urgency or concern towards fixing my ENT issues. I explained to him I literally sneeze 50 times a day and all he did for me was refer me to the in office allergist (after i told him I had a scratch allergy test done last year and it came back NO ALLERGIES.) and he write me a script for a nose spray. I believe in finding the root of the cause, not only treating symptoms with medication, I could have just went to CVS for that, waste of time.
in Brooklyn, NY |
From the first day we were introduced, I just knew that I would be able to trust him with the care of my son. Dr. Vastola's presence was very warming and he had the personality to match. He gave a clear diagnosis, as well as a clear idea as to how we wanted to go about treatment. Any questions that I was capable of asking, were answered for me way before I could even ask them! I simply LOVED that!!! He definitely has a way with children, there is no doubt about that. It's a God given gift!
in New York, NY |
I see where a few people said he was rude, condescending etc. I have never received any or those actions from him. He took of my 1 1/2 son and my 3 yr old daughter on the 26th of this month. I had no problems what's so ever. He answered all my questions, he introduce himself and his bed side manner was great. I had to call his service about my son who wanted milk at 2 in the morning and he got the message and called me back. I don't know why these other people experienced a dad time with him.
in SI, NY |
Rude. Condescending. Did not give any information. Did not answer questions. Did not address my concerns.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Vastola did not introduce himself, did not ask who I was in relation to the patient (my son). He was rude, dismissive, condescending, abrupt. He seemed annoyed to be there. Why is he a pediatric doctor if he hates children? Unbelievable. Stay away from this man.
in Staten Island, NY |
In addition to not addressing my main concern, this so called professional was discourteous and condescending.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Vastola was abrupt and condescending. He interrupted me and did not address my concern.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Vastola, MD?
Are you Dr. Vastola?