Dr. Anthony P. Urbanek, DDS

Dr. Anthony P. Urbanek, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male | 69 years old

Learn about this dentist

When guiding patients through an initial appointment, Dr. Tony Urbanek offers an extensive consultation that describes the complete diagnosis and presents all available treatment options. In some cases, the procedure may be performed on the same day as the consultation. For patients of Dr. Tony Urbanek who require surgery, they are scheduled to meet with the practice's Insurance/Finance Coordinator. This appointment helps patients to understand their insurance claims and all charges related to the procedure.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Urbanek's Experience

Visiting Dr. Urbanek

Dr. Urbanek accepts 33 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Urbanek has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Urbanek
Dr. Urbanek's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (136)
in Brentwood, TN |
“My pain was very intense before I met Dr. Urbanek. I came to his office in December of 2015. I could barely open my mouth. I had neck and shoulder pain as well. I am a singer and it was quite painful to sing. Today I have made some incredible strides. My mouth splint gave me back my ability to sing again. Tmj is a real condition and I am forever grateful to Dr. Urbanek for his expertise in this area. He has the greatest office staff . They are so professional.
in Nashville, TN |
I arrived 10 minutes early for a 9am appointment and wasn't seen until 9:40. No one ever acknowledged that I had been waiting for 50 minutes. I sat down and told Dr. Urbanek what I needed and he proceeded to interrupt me, invalidate my researched self-assessment, robotically perform an assessment of his own, and then tell me what I already knew. He seems to have a problem respecting and valuing women which is unfortunate as all of his staff and most of his patients are women.
in Thompsons Station, TN |
Before visiting Dr. Urbanek, I believed that there was no hope with curing my symptoms. I was having headaches and pain in my shoulders. I also had ear aches that stem back as far as childhood. Dr. Urbanek diagnosed me with TMJ and recommended a device, called a splint. The best way to describe it is a retainer that provides relief to my back teeth. At first it was uncomfortable to wear, but I am so thankful I gave it the chance it deserves. Within a week, I was already experiencing changes!
in Nashville, TN |
I have had jaw pain, headaches, neck pain and popping in my jaw as long as I can remember. Sometimes it was unbearable! I saw a specialist 20+ years ago but not a lot of options at that time! I just learned to live with it and tried to block it out of my mind until I couldn't even touch my face without it hurting! My dentist referred me to Dr. Urbanek and it has been a blessing! Pain is almost completely gone after 2 months. He has a friendly staff that is so helpful!
in Brentwood, TN |
Before getting my mouthpiece from Dr. Urbanek I experienced tightness and pain in my jaw muscles. Now I rarely have jaw pain or tightness and if I do, it is not as severe. I am thankful that Dr. Urbanek created this device! Thankful for his friendly staff too!
in Nashville, TN |
I've clenched for over 15 years and experienced every symptom from waking up with headaches to my jaw locking and feeling unstable. After using Dr. Urbanek's Splint for 9 weeks I finally have relief from most of my symptoms. The best part for me is waking up without a headache or sore jaw! Thanks Dr. Urbanek for all of your help.
in Nashville, TN |
Before meeting Dr. Urbanek I'd suffered jaw pain and locking for years. In just the first 3 weeks I haven't felt any jaw pain at all. The headaches, dizziness, and other symptoms have all but disappeared as well. It's night and day from before receiving my device. I can't thank Dr. Urbanek and his great team enough!
I had jaw pain, earaches, headaches and even tooth pain (especially in the mornings) for about 6 months before coming to see Dr. Urbanek. I tried different mouth guards with no success. Now after 3 weeks of wearing the splint he recommended for me, I have gotten relief from 90% of my pain! I would recommend anyone with these symptoms to call him today! Don't wait until it gets unbearable! — Carol M
in Nashville, TN |
I had a smooth experience with very little pain. I enjoyed being able to eat lots of ice cream while I recovered. Thank you, Dr. Urbanek!
After dealing with TMJ pain and many Dr's visits for decades I made a visit to Dr. Urbanek's office. Not only was his staff amazing, but his knowledge and device changed my life.... Yes, I may have talked funny for a few days... ha!!! The jaw pain, headaches, shoulder pain and tingling fingers diminished as I followed his instructions of wearing this small device!! It was crazy!!
in Franklin, TN |
I have dealt with TMJ in varying degrees for many years. Last year (2014) the locking of my jaw became increasingly worse. My local dentist referred me to Dr. Urbanek in Cool Springs for evaluation. After talking to him, I realized I was having symptoms that I did not associate with my jaw problems such as shoulder, neck and ear pain. After being fitted with the Urbanek splint, I can say that my symptoms are reduced dramatically. I would recommend that anyone having TMJ not try to live with it.
in Nashville, TN |
I have had TMJ issues since the 80s. In 1985 I had arthroscopic surgery which helped for several years. For the last few years I have had some problems. I was referred by a patient and a dentist that knew about Dr. urbanek. The medical device he made for me has elimanted my pain. Thank you Dr. Urbanek
in Nashville, TN |
My experience at Dr. Urbanek's office was great. I had suffered not only having trouble eating but head aches, ear aches and tight pressure in jaw. After meeting dr. Urbanek and his awesome staff they made me a mouth splint. After 3 weeks I have noticed an incredible difference in the tension in my jaw and no more head aches or ear aches. I'm so happy I found them. He has a fantastic team and I am so grateful to have been able to get so much relief in such a short amount of time.
Awfully rude man
in Lafayette TN |
Dr Urbanek was very thorough and patient in answering my questions, I would recommend him to anyone needing dental surgical services,
in Franklin, TN |
Dr Urbanek and his office staff were very helpful. It took me a while to get my wisdom teeth approved with my insurance and they kept calling and pushing for it to get through for me. Very pleased!!!!
in Nashville, TN |
Had a very bad experience. My surgery did not go as planned. the doctor was terribly mean i could not even really tell him what was wrong he just looked at me like i was crazy. dont use this man
I'm a 21 year old musician. For the past year I've had issues with my jaw locking when I'm trying to sing. When I came to see Dr. Urbanek my jaw was locking constantly throughout the day, when I would eat or sing, which was extremely frustrating. 6 months later, with the help of Dr. Urbanek, my jaw has not been locking at all for the last few months. It never causes me pain or any discomfort. If you have any issues with your jaw, especially if it affects you doing what you love.
in Brentwood, TN |
After 13 years of TMJ symptoms and no relief, I started researchingTMJ doctors and found Dr. Urbanek- thanks to him and his friendly staff, within 3 months my symptoms have dramatically decreased! I am able to eat without pain and sleep through the night! This device has been life changing for me and I am forever greatful!
in Nashville, TN |
I was having daily migraines & vertigo stemming from jaw pain. Thanks to Dr. Urbanek and the recommended mouth guard to help relax my jaw, the migraines and vertigo are gone & my jaw pain has decreased drastically in the past couple of months.
in Nashville, TN |
My dentist recommended Dr. Urbanek due to my jaw pain and clicking/locking. After my first appointment, I finally learned that all my symptoms were related. Im skeptical by nature but I figured I had nothing to lose and tried his device. After wearing it for 2 months, about 85% of my pain is gone and I no longer spend each day miserable and unfocused. I'm optimistic that my symptoms will decrease even more as treatment progresses and I highly recommend Dr. Urbanek.
in Nashville, TN |
Friendly staff. Procedure went well. The good Doctor told me what to expect and was very helpful. Would highly recommend to others. ? Patrick
in Nashville, TN |
I experienced every one of the symptoms that Dr. Urbanek said was directly related to my jaw joint for 25-30 years. Headaches, ear aches, neck pain, jaw pain, ringing in the ears, and vertigo- literally every one! I visited numerous specialists for the pain with no relief or proper diagnosis. His device has worked perfectly! After only 3 weeks I am 100% pain free! My husband and I were able to go on a vacation and I was finally able to enjoy myself without pain. I am glad I found Dr. Urbanek!
in Centerville, TN |
Very great experience! I was very nervous to have my wisdom teeth removed but Dr. Urbanek & his staff made me feel very comfortable. I healed with no complications!
in Nashville, TN |
I was having a lot of pain in my jaw and didn't know what to do. I told my pcp about my symptoms of not being able to open my jaw to bite good and pain. She suggested to see Dr. Urbanek for help. I am so glad that I did. Dr. Urbanek told me I had joint problems due from grinding my teeth at night. This results in TMJ. He fitted me with a splint and I am here to say that after wearing this device as instructed I am able to enjoy eating again and have almost all symptoms gone now.
in Nashville, TN |
After over 3 years of jaw pain, headaches & popping in my jaws, I began shaving difficulty opening my mouth to eat. I read about Dr. Urbanek in Nashville Parent magazine & scheduled an appointment. My results have been excellent, with almost all of these symptoms resolved. When I follow the protocol like I know I should, I am symptom-free :-). Thank you to Dr. Urbanek and his wonderful staff!!!!
in Nashville, TN |
The day of the surgery I was a little nervous but the staff were very informative about the process and very friendly. The surgery went well and recovery was easier than expected. You will lose a lot of weight during recovery due to the liquid diet but that can be a good thing as well if you want to lose weight and fix your jaw at the same time. Overall I was very satisfied with Dr. Urbanek's wor.
in Nashville, TN |
Wants $1500 for a retainer that I can get at the dentist for $220. Greedy! And taking advantage of people in pain!
in Spring Hill, TN |
I had to see another doctor for what this guy did to me. I could tell he was judging me and my painful situation.
in Brentwood, TN |
He made me cry. I've never felt so disgusted and mistreated in my life. He is ugly. All he wanted to do was sell me his $1500 retainer. It was like there was no other solution in the world that would help accept for him. I'm also convinced he does this is is God.
in Brentwood, TN |
This Dr. is hard to like. Just rude and cocky.
in Nashville, TN |
I came to Dr. Urbanek with migraine headaches and severe neck pain and anxiety. After weeks of wearing the device, my headaches went away. 2 months after wearing the device my anxiety decreased and my neck pain strongly decreased. I now wake up in the mornings with no pain and absolutely love it. This device will change your life.
Great experience, went as smooth as I was told it was going to be.
in Nashville, TN |
It was very pleasant and efficient. I did not wait long, the offices were lovely and the staff was very kind and very professional. But most of all I received relief from my pain and suffering by working with Dr Urbanek and following his program for TJM pain. thanks!! It really works!
Oh my there are no words to describe what Dr. Urbanek and his TMJ splint has done for me. From being in constant pain and not being able to eat all the things that I love to eat to now just three weeks into my splint I am almost pain free. I can eat things I enjoy again. I would recomend Dr. Urbanek and his wonderful staff!!!!!!!
Very disappointing.
in Columbia, TN |
After many years of jaw pain, I began to experience severe ear pain. After visiting my local dr, I was referred to Dr. Urbanek. Dr Urbanek quickly diagnosed me with TMJ and had me fitted with my medical device. After 3 months of wearing the device most of the pain had diminished only to return. Dr Urbanek feared that I might need surgery but after several months of routine care, I am happy to report that I am symptom free. No ear pain, no jaw pain, and no headaches.
in Franklin, TN |
His mouth piece is a gimmick
in Franklin, TN |
Horrible doctor. His bedside manner is pathetic
Have you seen Dr. Anthony P. Urbanek, DDS?
Are you Dr. Urbanek?

Compare Dr. Urbanek

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Urbanek says...

Dr. Anthony P Urbanek is a Dentist - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Surgeon - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery practicing in Franklin, TN. Started practicing 1973.

PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION

• Flying Physicians Association
  • American Dental Association
  • Tennessee Dental Association
  • Nashville Dental Society

AWARDS & ACCOLADES

• On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
  • Patten on TMJ Device that is set to go nationwide

HOSPITAL  AFFILIATION

• St. Thomas Hospital – Nashville, TN
  • Cool Spring Surgery Center – Franklin, TN

FORMS OF PAYMENT

• Cash, checks, and all major credit cards. We offer financing through Care Credit and Lending Club.

INSURANCES ACCEPTED

• Community Health Choice
  • Dental Network of America
  • DenteMax
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Guardian

• Corrective Jaw Reconstruction
  • Oral Pathology
  • Oral Cancer
  • Extractions

Dr. Urbanek's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  Board actions found

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Board Action

Dr. Urbanek has 1 board action

• Multiple Categories (4/15/2016)
    • Action Taken: Fine
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Tennessee

Indiana University Masters Of Science

Completed in 1973

Vanderbilt University M.D.

Completed in 1979

Dr. Urbanek does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Urbanek and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery