Dr. Anthony Stock, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 58

Dr. Stock

Awakenings, PA

12231 Ashley Dr # C Gulfport, MS 39503

Dr. Anthony Stock, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Gulfport, MS and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Creighton University School Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in psychiatry, pediatric psychiatry, and more.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Good patient care Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals
  • Quiet hospital Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

Dr. Stock accepts

Dr. Stock accepts the following insurance:

Golden Rule
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Value Options

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Mississippi

Check Dr. Stock's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Stock's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Stock treats Psychiatric Diseases more than 6% of his peers

Dr. Stock treats this condition more than 6% of his peers

Dr. Stock's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

2.8

Dr. Stock?
Dr. Stock's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anthony Stock, MD
My wife filled out ALL the paperwork, for our son, one entire month before his set appointment with Mr Stock. Then sent him a detailed email regarding the details about our son, a few days before the appointment. One hour before his appointment, his office calls and say that Mr Stock changed his mind and referred our son to someone else at the very last moment. His unprofessionalism cost our son being seen by a doctor for over a month and gave us a tough time regarding getting important prescriptions filled. He is either incompetent or simply don't care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Stock recently and I am glad that I did. He changed my medication and now I can think clearly and I don't get as mad with little things anymore. I was always told I was just ADHD but he knew there was something more. I had to go back several times and it was a hassle but worth it to feel better. His staff treats you like family no matter how busy they are, they are always nice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?
Dr. Stock is a joke. He definitely shouldnt be seeing adolescents. He had a dog in his office, he was so unprofessional and rude! He doesn't care about his patients. He asked me questions off of a sheet he printed online and told me to rate it 1-5. Such a waste of 200 dollars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?
What price would you put on the truth? If you don’t want the truth don’t go here. I was given the gift of my life back by this phenomenal doctor. I would literally be dead without this generous man. Thank you so much Dr Stock. Robert - Long Beach
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?
Dr. Stock should NOT be allowed to see children. He talked to my 10 year old like he was an adult. He asked him if he "smoked weed"!! My child doesn't even know what weed is. He was rude and not helpful at all. His office was old and musty/moldy smelling. When we were leaving my son needed to use the restroom and we were told they did not have a bathroom! Seriously worst experience we have ever had at a doctors office. We will NEVER go back to that unprofessional jerk
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?
My initial experience with this doctor was a ten minute evaluation after which he diagnosed me as bipolar, prescribed me 3 medications and suggested I get counseling. I feel he did not spend adequate time to make this determination. My husband was confused as well. After a almost a year, I transferred my care to another psych as the meds he prescribed only.made things worse. The two new doctors agreed he was quite far off in his "diagnosis." He and staff are lazy, rude & concerned w/insurance
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?
Went to Dr. appointment w/my wife. I had never met him & when my wife introduced me as her husband, he said "where did you find him, on the side of the road"? His "review" of my wife's status was asking her questions on a scale of 1 to 5 or however he phrased the questions. She wanted him to continue to prescribe pills. He asked if we had questions, I asked about counseling & he said "I don't do counseling, it doesn't reimburse me enough. Sloppily dressed, sloppy office, & obese. Pill pusher !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?
I've had several issues as a child and always got the run around.As I've grown into an adult my issues had gotten to the point that I couldn't control them anymore and my home had became over ran so I looked for help.Thats when I found Doctor Stock.Finally found the right person and the right place to get me back on track for once. I'm so thankful and blessed and beyond impressed with him.He changed my whole life and I wanted to say thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?
This is a small office and you are always a person, never just another patient. The staff always treats you like you are the most important person there, even when there are a few people checking in/out and the phones are ringing. Yes, he runs behind but in case you missed it, this is a mental health office and quite honestly, I wait for less time here than I do in my primary care providers office and it is always worth the wait, especially because sometimes i am the person that causes delays.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?
Dr. Stock is not calming and is very rude. He does not have any patience. His Bathroom was not clean and his office furniture is old and unpleasant. He talks down on patients and basically said he doesn't have time for Hattiesburg patients. I had to wait a hour and several minutes to be seen not including the 30 mins for paperwork. Staff finally said that his other patients were quick cases so they put them ahead of me. Waste of time and money!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Stock, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Stock?

We offer both psychotherapy and medication options. We often see family and friends of current patients by their referral. We are honored in treating their loved ones and friends, and we are grateful of such referrals.

• Psychiatry

1989
Creighton University School Of Medicine
1983
Creighton University

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Stock treats patients.

75% Patient experience rating, 6% higher than the national average