Dr. Anthony Squillaro, MD

Cardiac Surgery | Male

Dr. Anthony Squillaro, MD
Dr. Anthony Squillaro, MD is a cardiac surgery doctor who practices in Eatontown, NJ. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Squillaro is affiliated with Riverview Medical Center, Centrastate Medical Center, Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Monmouth Medical Center and Ocean Medical Center.

Dr. Squillaro's Experience

See how Dr. Squillaro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Squillaro

Dr. Squillaro accepts 28 insurance carriers

Dr. Squillaro is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Squillaro has admitting privileges.

Dr. Squillaro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Squillaro to family and friends
Dr. Squillaro's Performance
Neptune, NJ |
I am an RN who visited Dr. Squillaro with a friend. I am so impressed with his bedside manor and his apparent competence. He gave my friend a clear explanation of her diagnosis and what she needed to do to move forward regarding her care. He definitely is all about respecting his patient and facilitating a good health outcome for them. Hopefully, I won't need to see him health wise for myself, but he is definitely my , "Cardio Thorasic Guy!"
in Brick, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr Squillaro for the last 3 years after he removed a 3rd of my lung due to cancer. I find him to be an excellent and caring Dr.. He has always taken the time to answer any and all questions I have had regarding my procedure and health. I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking a good surgeon.
in Hoboken, NJ |
When my mom (Nancy Iosca) suffered a ruptured abdominal aorta three years ago she was rushed NOT to the “closest” hospital, but 40 minutes away to Jersey Shore Medical Center – because she was in need of a life-saving emergency surgery. A burst aorta is something that doesn’t end well for many people…but it ended well for my mom – all thanks to you! On behalf of my dad, my sister and my mom’s only grandson – the gratitude we feel today will remain with us for the rest of our lives! Dominick
in Spring Lake, NJ |
During a regular followup visit with my Cardiologist, it was discovered, by a lucky accident, that there was a cancerous mass in my Right Upper Lobe. My wife and I did our homework and selected Dr. Squillaro from a list of Thoracic Surgeons at JSUMC. Dr. Squillaro did an outstanding job removing the it and continues to monitor my progress. He is reassuring, has a great bedside manner and spends whatever time is needed to answer our questions. His care and followup has me back in good shape.
in Manasquan, NJ |
Dr. Squillaro operated on me for lung cancer, both lungs, at two different occasions. He is an excellent surgeon, and saved my life. He is outstanding in his ability, and care for his patients. I would recommend him wholeheartedly and without reservation to anyone.
in Ocean, NJ |
Dr. Anthony Squillaro saved my life. In 2007 he performed surgery on me for lung cancer and has stayed in my life making sure I remain healthy. He is a man of great kindness, knowledge and professionalism.
in Highlands, NJ |
My husband Tom broke 7 ribs, 5 with multiple breaks. After admission to Monmouth Medical Ctr. Dr. Squillaro visited Tom 3 days in a row to stress the danger the breaks posed to Tom's lungs & described surgery which would stabilize the ribs enabling quicker recovery and lessoning the risk of pneumonia. Dr. Squillaro operated on Tom for 4+ hours inserting 7 titanium rods & 71 screws. His patient, comforting manner & wonderful aftercare was amazing. We felt we had known him for years.
in Toms River, NJ |
If you want a good surgeon you can pretty much pick one from the Monmouth Medical/Jersey Shore Doctors List...But, if you want an out-standing surgeon call Dr. Squillaro's office!!! Not overlooking his surgical abilities which are more then excellent... This man explains everything to you and answers all your questions even the ones you forget to ask in the office, just call him. Outstanding, caring, thorough, excellent, under-standing. You want the best for you and yours...here he is!!!!!
in Long Branch, NJ |
We found Dr Squillaro to be compassionate, kind and attentive to our needs and concerns. He was available when we needed to contact him. In a very stressful and unknown crisis he was reassuring. His office staff are nice, the atmosphere was pleasing and clean.
FORKED RIVER |
Dr. Squillaro, is kind, compassionate, as well as thorough and highly competent. He listens and explains so you know what he is talking about. His office staff are courteous & efficient.
in Waretown, NJ |
Dr. Squillaro. He is fantastic. In December 2013, I was diagnosed with lung cancer. At that time, I was recommend to see a surgeon. That is when God sent me to see Dr. Squillaro. It was decided at that time to remove the top half lobe of my left lung. On February 3, 2014 the surgery took place and Dr. Squillaro saved my life. He was certain he removed all the cancer but I had chemo just to make sure. I've been cancer free for 3 years. I have never loved a doctor before but I do him. THANK YOU!!
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr. Squillaro is my husband's doctor and was wonderful to our family when he operated to remove part of my husband's lung a few years ago. He explained everything before and after the surgery. When I had some health issues that we thought required a surgeon, Dr. Squillaro was the one I trusted to tell me truthfully what I needed to do. He met with me, sent me for tests and explained the options. He is personable, knowledgeable and willing to help his patients. I highly recommend him!
in Toms River, NJ |
I met Dr. Squillaro in 2012 immediately after being told I had lung cancer. I was upset but after meeting Dr. Squillaro I felt somewhat relieved. He told me he would do his very best and spent as much time as we needed. He was straight up and when he finished the surgery he answered all of the questions my family had. He has followed me every step of the way for the last 4 1/2 years. He has always been willing to explain everything and help whenever he could. He is thorough and a great doc.
We found him to be honest and straightforward. Dr. Squillaro handled my husband's case exactly as he said he would. He is very knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything to us in terms we could understand, sometimes two and three times.
in Neptune, NJ |
He is a caring, friendly and thorough doctor. He spends the necessary time to treat his patients. Due to several major issues he performed a surgical procedure laproscopicaly (never been done before) that normally would have required a complete opening of the chest cavity. Most recently we called him in to insert a feeding tube because the nurse in the hospital made an error in my treatment. He took over my care in the hospital and his expertise is the reason I am alive today!
in Monmouth Beach NJ |
Dr Squillaro saved my son's life. His knowledge, skill and compassion are all virtues rarely still seen in today's health care maze. My adult son has special needs. He required critical medical intervention while in ICU. And Dr S not only performed that extremely difficult procedure but continued to followup - even post surgery. Today when I hear that anyone in Monmouth/Ocean counties is not referred to Dr S during such critical times- I only hope their doctor is a great as Dr Squillaro.
in Asbury Park |
Part 2 of 2 = Due to Dr. Squillaro doing everything humanly possible, with his skill my husand pull through. Not only the doctors skill, but he really cares about his patience as well as the concerns of the patience family. He kept us informed about my husbands progress. He does follow-up visits and my husband, I'am happy to say is doing fine. We need more doctors like Dr. Squillaro, and again we are blessed to have him as our doctor. Respectfully, The Cunningham Family
Dr. Squillaro is one of a kind, not only a amazing surgeon, but also an amazing person.. He operated on me last October. When meeting him the first time I found him warm, understanding and kind. Not only to me but also family. Giving me ample opportunity to ask questions, giving them his phone number in case they had any questions in the future. But more than anything his kindness and compassion for me going into the surgery with an uncertain future, he was just so caring. Wonderful Doctor
Asbury Park, NJ |
Dr Squillaro was excellent in all aspects to my concerns. He explained the procedure and what type of approach we were going to do for me. He made me feel confidant in my choice for a doctor.
in Red Bank, NJ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Squillaro to anyone. He is a fine doctor and more importantly a caring doctor. His patients are not rushed out the door. Dr. Squillaro takes his time with each patient as each one is important to him.
in Toms River, NJ |
Removed one third of lung,and has me on road to recovering,did what he said he would do.Explained everything.Myself and my family,are very happy with him.
in Avon, NJ |
Dr. Squillaro was courteous and easy to talk to. He explained things clearly and took time to explain his treatment recommendations. Was willing to answer all my questions.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Squillaro, MD?
Are you Dr. Squillaro?

Compare Dr. Squillaro

Dr. Squillaro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiac Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery

Dr. Squillaro has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Squillaro's Board Certifications

• General Surgery
  • Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bone Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Endocarditis
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Hypertensive Encephalopathy
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Thalassemia
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombosis
  • Thymomas
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Tonsil Cancer
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Urinary Disorders

Completed in 1990

Hahnemann University

Completed in 1993

• Italian

Dr. Squillaro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Squillaro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiac Surgery

• Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Dialysis Access Procedures
  • Embolectomy, Thrombectomy, or Vessel Exploration
  • Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Endovascular Repair of Aorta
  • Endovascular Repair of Thoracic Aorta
  • Endovascular Repair of Visceral Aorta
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Excision of Esophageal Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Heart Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure