Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Romeo

Rothman Orthopaedic Institute

176 3rd Ave New York, NY 10003

Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD is a sports medicine specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Saint Louis University School Of Medicine in 1987 and specializes in sports medicine, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Romeo accepts

Dr. Romeo accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for New York

• Hip Replacement
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spondylosis
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tommy John Surgery

I knew I wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon when I was in high school, and I saw what my dad did when he was on the sidelines of my football team and how he would take care of some of the injuries that would occur. And I said, Boy, that's the kind of...

• Sports Medicine

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Romeo

Dr. Romeo?
Dr. Romeo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD
Dr. Romeo is a excellent surgeon/physician. He did a total shoulder replacement of my right shoulder 2017. This year 2018, Dr. Romeo will be replacing my left shoulder. The right shoulder moves smoothly, now I can reach above my head, behind my back, everything a normal shoulder should do. I have complete confidence in Dr. Romeo. He explained everything, answering all my questions, never rushed through my appointment. I wish him great success in his career in New York! Thank You Dr. Romeo!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Dr. Romeo , as well as his staff are caring, informative, and always available. My surgery went well and he will always be my first choice for ortho care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Excellent care. Very sorry to see him moving to New York. If I need surgery, it will be worth the trip.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Dr Romeo is the most knowledgeable, caring Doctor. Thank you for all you have done for me. The injections in my shoulders were not painful at all and you were always so kind to me. I will always be grateful for the care you provided me. I will miss you. Good luck on your new journey. Who knows maybe I will fly to were you are going just to see you, and if I ever needed surgery, I would come to you, God Bless, S.K.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Romeo. He fixed my shoulder and I can do things I haven't done in years. I can reach over my head now. My quality of life has improved so much because of Dr. Romeo. I have the so much respect for him. I can't Thank him enough. I am so pleased. God Bless him always.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Dr. Romeo is an EXCELLENT Doctor and Surgeon. He really listens to his patients. I am a 52 year old male and had a total shoulder replacement. I feel brand new again. Thank You Doctor Romeo, you gave me my life back!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
I have had many contacts with doctors and surgeons over the last few years. It is very hard to get a quick appointment but after the initial wait ! Which is well worth it rest assure you will definitely feel like it is a family member caring for you . My surgery was difficult and was well prepared for and went off without an issue! I can’t say enough about how well I was treated by dr Romeo and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
I heartily second all the positive comments here. Personable and accomplished in the extreme, dr Romeo and team are warm and smart and make it all look easier than it is. I had a very challenging shoulder to replace but this was so. Much. Easier. Than I’d imagined. Can’t say enough. Be not afraid!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Dr Romeo and his staff are Extremely professional and honest! Took his time to explain at a level we were very comfortable!! Highly recommended!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
It takes some time to get an appointment, but for me it was well worth the wait. To be honest your really a number in a rather busy office. But Dr. Romeo, his PA's, and friendly support staff all do a great job taking the time necessary to work with you all along the process. I found Dr. Romeo to be very personable, and anything but arrogant given all his accomplishments. Your questions and concerns have all been heard before, and you can't help but feel reassured and supported when you leave.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Excellent medical care and awesome support staff. Dr. Romeo addressed my complicated shoulder Injury. He was my 4th opinion and I’m so glad I waited to receive care under his skilled hands and knowledgeable team. Staff was extremely helpful with insurance papers, LOA forms and prescriptions. Clear pre -op guidelines and accurate post-op expectations were reassuring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Both my husband and I have consulted with Dr. Romeo. When we researched leading shoulder experts, we found Dr. Romeo to be one of the best in the country and perhaps the best in Chicagoland. What we like best about Dr. Romeo is his willingness to try alternatives to surgery first. He is open to physical therapy and other non-surgical methods of healing and pain control. And if surgery is needed, going with the best is always a smart move!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Dr. Romeo and his staff are always professional, courteous and accommodating, both during business hours and after. I have had two surgeries with him and am very pleased with the results. I completely trust him for any shoulder issues, he is the best there is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
If you want the best treatment & care for a shoulder problem , you should see Dr. Romeo
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Staff is rude and arrogant. The PA got on the phone and screamed at me because I wanted to know why I had to repeat imaging. Then she lied and told the dr I refused to get images. It's a very dramatic and unprofessional place. I waited 2 hours to see a doctor and then they said I didn't have an appointment. Terrible practice. I took the day off of work to come in and then was not seen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
I had my shoulder replacement surgery almost 2 years ago, (February 12, 2015). I must say that I am very happy with my results 2 years later. I would highly recommend Dr Romeo if you need this surgery. Dr Romeo is very thorough in his description of what takes place and what to expect afterwards.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?
Very professional and concerned about answering questions and concerns. All staff also very knowledgable and courteous. Would highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Romeo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Romeo?

Rothman Orthopaedic Institute