Dr. Anthony Romania, MD

Dr. Anthony Romania, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Anthony Romania, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Groton, CT. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Read his story

82 Plaza Ct

Groton, CT 06340

• AvMed
  • EmblemHealth
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Romania

See how frequently Dr. Romania performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Chorioretinal Scars
Glaucoma

Dr. Romania's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Romania's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Romania "Dr. Romania is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist and an Assistant Clinical Professor at Yale University School of Medicine. He is a two time recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award from Yale Eye Center and he also volunteers his time, 10 hours per week, at the Veterans Hospital in West Haven, CT where he supervises and performs surgery on our veterans. During the past 25 years, Dr. Romania has received wide recognition for his medical research and he has published numerous research articles in national journals. Dr. Romania has received letters in request for his research papers, not only from physicians throughout the United States, but also from physicians in Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Sweden, and Switzerland. Dr. Romania has lectured at numerous medical and community functions throughout the country. Dr. Romania has also spoken to physicians gathered throughout the United States at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Romania graduated Cum Laude from Boston University and received his medical degree form Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, IL. He completed and internship in Internal Medicine at St. Joseph Hospital, Chicago IL and received his specialty training at the nationally recognized Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Romania has also volunteered many years of service to the American Diabetes Association and has served on the Board of Directors of the State Affiliate and as Chairman of the ADA County Chapter."

This content was provided by Dr. Romania "Leadership in the Medical and Surgical Treatment of Eye Diseases"

• Ophthalmology

• Chorioretinal Scars
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Boston University School of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Nwu Fienberg Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • St Joseph Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Cleveland Clin Fndn
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Romania has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Romania does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Romania and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Romania's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Romania to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Romania's Performance
in Ledyard, CT |
From my first visit to Dr. Romania, I found him to be a very caring doctor, one who took the time to explain things and answer any questions I had. His professionalism and surgical expertise assured me that I selected the right doctor for my cataract surgery. He's the best, and I highly recommend him to anyone seeking an Ophthalmologist.
in Groton, CT |
After going to my eye doctor complaining of blurred vision I was referred to Dr. Romania who did cataract surgery.The surgery turned out fine but did not solve the original problem. Five months of trying different drops I was given ( free of charge) some drops that caused me to have severe pain. Not knowing what to do I decided to get a second opinion. I was informed by the Dr. and his assistant that they have never heard of anyone receiving these drops. These drops I was told were used to diala
We apologize for not providing you with a totally positive experience at Romania Eye Center. All of our patients are provided with the Doctor's home and cell phone number. We wish that you would have called the Doctor directly so that he could have helped you. We are happy as Ms. Clark states that her cataract surgery turned out fine and we acknowledge that our Doctor utilizes the latest medication treatments and surgical techniques.
in Norwich, CT |
Had cataract surgery from Dr Romania. It was a exceptional good experience, good explanations about the procedure and what lenses to choose. I have an excellent eyesight now and can drive and see good even at night. I got good explanations about activities after the procedure and well taken care of, could not have been better. The surgery was quick without complications and felt well taken care of. Thanks for my new eyesight!
in Mystic, CT |
On the recommendation of my optometrist, I went to see Dr. Romania because my vision wasn't quite right. Even though I saw 20/20 in both eyes, and never having been told I had cataracts, he tried to sign me up for surgery for the following week. He even tried to sell me on $2000 lenses. I decided to get a second opinion and I'm glad I did. Beware of this doctor and his sketchy strip-mall location.
All of us at Romania Eye Center are puzzled by this anonymous review and we question its authenticity. Our practice specializes in the surgical and medical treatment of eye diseases. If another doctor refers someone to our office, obviously that person has an issue with their vision.
in Pawcatuck, CT |
I had cataract surgery on both eyes and could not be happier! Dr. Romania personally spent as much time as I needed explaining the process but more importantly on the options available to me regarding different focal points. I opted to have one set at computer distance so I can read books and my cell phone and one set father away so I can read street signs - both without glasses! Dr Romania came highly recommended to me and I also recommend him for cataract/lens replacement surgery.
in Mystic, CT |
Dr. Romania did very well explaining the formation and impact of cataracts on the eye and the options for cataract surgery. My surgery went well and I am happy with the results! Plus, this surgery will take 10 strokes off my golf game! The staff of Tabitha, Lisa and Nancy were extremely helpful and friendly. I am very satisfied.
in New London, CT |
Dr Romaina is the best since my childhood doctor who saved my one eye after a nine year battle with 3 major operations and countless minor ones.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Romania, MD?

Visit Dr. Romania