Dr. Anthony Rice Jr, MD

Dr. Anthony Rice Jr, MD

Family Medicine | Male

I believe all patients deserve to be treated with respect. I take my time with my patients and make sure to answer all questions they might have. It's my policy to explain how a medicine works and why the medicine in an important part of their treatment plan. I encourage my patients to ask questions about both their medications and their medical conditions. My explanations are always clear and easy to understand without being condescending.

I went to undergraduate college at Canisius College in Buffalo, NY on a full academic scholarship. I attended the State University of New York School of Medicine, located in Buffalo, NY. (Yes, it snows a lot there. It was not uncommon for me to use my cross country skis to ski down roads that had not be plowed to class). I graduated in 1998. I did my residency at Fort Bragg Army Medical Center in North Carolina and my internship at Womack Army Medical Center in Fort Hood Texas. I did a tour in Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003 as a Field Physician before being honorably discharged. In 2004, I moved to Martinsburg, WV and have worked in the region for the last 13 years. This includes Primary Care Office, Urgent Care Offices, and a mix of Primary care and Urgent care.

Dr. Rice Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Rice Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rice Jr

Dr. Rice Jr accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Rice Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rice Jr to family and friends
Dr. Rice Jr's Performance
in Bloomery, WV 26817 |
I found Dr. Anthony K. Rice Jr to be a very caring and compassionate Doctor. I hope to remain under his care for as long as he will have me. Dr. Rice listens and gets to the root of the problem. He doesn't rush me in and out of the room. He makes it very easy to talk to him. He refrains from talking over my head. He doesn't judge or look down on people. Thank you Dr. Rice.
in Martinsburg WV |
Dr. Rice is incredible! He is kind, takes the time to listen to you (no matter how many health concerns you may have) and is very thorough in exams and going through your health issues. Although he does at times go a bit slower than usual (because he takes his time with each of his patients) it's because he truly cares about his patients. He's a good person and a great doctor. Is recommend him to anyone!
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Rice Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Rice Jr?

Compare Dr. Rice Jr

Dr. Rice Jr's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rice Jr says...

I treat all ages, from infants to seniors. I specialize in "complicated" patients who have often not felt well for years.  I help my patients get answers and then we develop a plan to help get them feeling better.  I help patients manage multiple conditions, including psychiatric conditions, diabetes, hypertension, COPD, Asthma, and heart disease. In general, I manage your conditions, which means a lot fewer visits to specialists. I send my patients to specialists only when I need a diagnosis confirmed or the condition is above my level of experience.  I am comfortable in diagnosing inflammatory arthritis conditions and can manage these conditions until a patient can be seen by a specialist. I have two special needs children with Autism. I am comfortable treating children with Autism, ADHD, and older teens with depression or Bi-polar disorder. I am a Veteran of Iraq, and have a special interest in treating veterans.

Dr. Rice Jr says...

Gynecological exams; drainage and suturing of wounds.

Dr. Rice Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for West Virginia.

• Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • High Cholesterol
  • IBS Associated With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Knee Pain
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

U OF BUFFALO SUNY SCH OF MED & BIOMEDICAL SCI

Graduated in 1998

Womack Army Hosp
    Womack Army Hosp
    Canisius College

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Rice Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rice Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecological Examination