Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 62

Dr. Patterson

Patterson Healthcare

5950 Fairview Rd Ste 322 Charlotte, NC 28210

Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Charlotte, NC and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine medical school in 1985. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Patterson to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

See similar Psychiatry Specialists in Charlotte

Dr. Patterson accepts

Dr. Patterson accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check Dr. Patterson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Patterson's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Patterson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patterson

3.5

Dr. Patterson?
Dr. Patterson is a genius with medication. I have struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life, and it wasn't until I started seeing Dr. Patterson in 2005 that I finally started feeling better. He is kind, caring and understanding. He also challenges me when he thinks I could be doing better, and he looks for ways to help me improve myself in addition to taking medication. I would not be where I am today without him, and I am so grateful that Presbyterian Hospital recommended him in 15 years ago. If I could give him 10 stars or 100 stars, I would.
Stephanie – May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
After struggling with Depression and Anxiety, I went to doctor Patterson after a recommendation from a therapist. I got to his office and was seen almost immediately. He diagnosed me after filling out a series of tests asking how I felt in certain situations. He gave me practical advice and tips and acted like another therapist to me. He also prescribed me Prozac, which has absolutely worked wonders. He checks in every 6 months if things are going well. If you want a doctor that actually cares about you, go see Dr. Patterson.
May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
He does a wonderful job of listening and helping my fiancee out, which has helped me feel more at peace at home too. Thanks so much Dr. Patterson, you're really helping to improve people's lives :)
Quinn – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Patterson. He listens, he cares, and has been a tremendous help to me. He has always been professional and respectful. I feel very grateful that he was recommended to me when I needed help.
B Lawing – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Patterson for around 15 years. He is a caring MD and will look for different methods of treating symptoms until he finds the ones that work. He has solved many issues that other MDs could not and he takes time to listen. I wouldn't see anyone else, unless I couldn't afford the out of network cost
Mrs E Windsor – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
Dr. Patterson was great in the beginning. He listened and acted like he cared. As our sessions continued he got worse. He did not try to find ways to help me and attempted to pass me off to others. I would not recommend him to anyone that needs care. I was worse mentally by seeing him. He gave me pills and didn’t follow through on if they were working. Look for someone with compassion and caring when dealing with mental health.
Apr 28, 2019
I cannot identify this specific situation for a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
My son is bipolar and an adult. He was diagnosed 2 years ago and has maintained his meds since, until recently. I’m part of his therapy even signed paperwork to be allowed to be part of the therapy. Come to find out he stopped taking his meds. Dr. Patterson became angry that my son who has bipolar lied about takin the meds and rather then give him his necessary medication he denied him saying he doesn’t trust him knowing full well without it my son will go into psychosis and end up hospitalized.
Feb 26, 2019
This young man, a legal adult, withdrew his...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
Dr. Patterson literally saved my life. After going to a quack for two years, the wrong cocktail of meds for bipolar, several attempts on my life, 100 pounds gained, and being committed twice, my mother was recommended to This practice through a mutual person. He took me off of all the medication that the quack and two hospitals had me on, and took it old school. He prescribed Stelazine and Lamictal, along with an anti anxiety and sleep mix and I have not had an episode in 3 years. I love him.
Lisa in Mooresville, NC – Jan 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
my daughter n law has seen Dr Patterson for the past year and she is in worse shape now than she was before. I called his assistant a week ago letting them know my daughter n law wasn’t doing well. They never followed up with her or my son. Dr Patterson gave her a prescription for adderall on top of lithium and whatever else he prescribed. She hasn’t slept for 4 days because of adderall & she had to be committed the other day. The ER doctor did not agree with Dr Patterson for giving her adderall
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
NC – Sep 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
My son has been seeing Dr. Patterson for 5 years. When we moved here from out of state, he was appalled by our experience with doctors who only wanted to treat my son with high doses of meds upon meds for no rhyme or reason. He took my son off of his meds and started with a clean slate. He slowly introduced appropriate meds that helped my son, AND he spends time at every appt with him. He always explains things to my son, including fun facts or answering all of my son's off the wall question.
Charlotte, NC – Aug 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?
Dr. Patterson is the most empathetic, caring MD I've ever been to see. I saw him for about 10 yrs. and hope to return to see him again. Insurance and Healthcare has changed so much but Dr. Patterson has not. He will still spend the same amount with each patient and provide the same excellant care no matter what. I will always be grateful for all he did to help me. Previous pt. and a nurse.
Apr 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Patterson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patterson?

Our practice is committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients. We offer personalized attention in a friendly, courteous, and safe environment. We recognize that the health and well being of patients depend on a collaborative effort between doctor and patient. We want you to take an active role in your health and be pleased with the care that we provide.

• Psychiatry