Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 39

Dr. Owusu

Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Shavano Park, TX and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Howard University in 2008 and specializes in minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Owusu

4.5

Dr. Owusu?
Dr. Owusu's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD
I went to Dr. Owusu with 3 disc herniations, & left numbness and weakness. Dr. Owusu’s staff was efficient & friendly, Dr. Owusu was genuinely interested in my care, and was able to explain exactly what was to be done in terms that were easy to understand. 2 weeks later, I was on the table. The surgery itself was far easier a recover than I’d expected, the spine itself was like night & day & no pain there. The incision was, as expected, uncomfortable, but just for a few days. Now, 2 weeks post surgery, I’m building stamina, & I’m able to do daily tasks without pain, or my leg giving out. I consider my surgery 100% successful, & would *highly* recommend Dr. Owusu if you are in need of any spine care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
Excellent Physician, great interaction. He took the time to explain the procedure and answered all my questions. I trust him 100% and I know that I am in great hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
I am writing this review today for a incredibly special surgeon that did amazing repair work on the vertebrae in my lower back after I was involved in an auto accident. At the time of the accident I was recovering from a recent lower spine surgery. Dr. Owusu was the perfect choice to actually have to go into my spine and clean up the mess as a result of the accident. Dr.Owusu is a very kind, caring doctor that listens, gives you his total attention during your visit and values you as a patient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
What a wonderful thing to have a doctor who actually cares about my well-being and takes the time to explain his thinking. I had surgery in September and I'm already starting to get my life back! He’s a great doctor, when I think back to the days when I had gone through several doctors who have had impersonal treatments, or not having the time to fit me in, I am truly grateful for Dr Owusu. Not to leave out his great staff, specifically Brandon and Tony, you all deserve the 5 stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
Had a 360 spinal fusion L3 - L5 on September 5th 2017 due to severe leg pain and lower back pain . First 2 - 1/2 weeks after surgery was very painful indeed but started feeling major improvement in my 3rd week . I chose him because he came highly recommended from a reputable and very busy work injury clinic / therapy center where I go 3 days a week and so far I am pleased with the outcome and would refer anyone to see him because his education and training and desire to get it right is key.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
Dr Anthony Owusu has the hands of Jesus through our Father God. His tone set my first visit with him in explaining exactly what procedure he would be doing. He is an indescribable Surgeon. I had surgery on 2 May 2017. I was able to walk the next day and still walking without a cane, wheelchair, or walker. I was given a brace to wear after my 360 surgery to wear for about one month, nothing else. People who see me are amazed. I want to thank God, Dr Owusu and his other surgeon who did my surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
My older sister was recently in a terrible car accident that almost took her life ,so fast which left her in critical conditions. We tried every doctor,but they did not help. Finally, my mom's friend Trina recommended that we try Dr.Owusu. My sister went to Dr.Owusu to fix the pain she was going through because of the car accident. After, going to Dr.Owusu five hours later my sister was brand new a happy person who was walking and feeling like she was on top of the world. Dr.Owusu is amazing!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Did a surgery that now we're being should NOT have been done. Creating worse issues. ZERO follow up. ZERO personality. ZERO compassion. ZERO patient service. THEN he DISSAPPEARED. Could not be reached by phone during the entire month we tried. insurance could not reach him. He has never responded to their requests for records. SAVE YOURSELF. STAY AWAY. Wish I could give ZERO stars.
At Next Generation Orthopeadic and Spine...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
Dr O is the best. I had spinal surgery and the next day I did not have my leg pain. I am walking with taller that I have been in the Year.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
had lower back surgery in august 2015. spine was closing in on nerves. dr owusu fixed it. no morehip or leg pain. he's awesome and staff is great. having neck pain now and am going back to him. nuf said...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
AWFUL.His staff Is worse than awful.
We do appreciate the feedback and have made...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
Dr. Anthony Owusu come's highly recommend. I haven't had surgery yet, all due my insurance company denying the opportunity for me to get some type of relief.But Dr Owusu went to bat for me and got that denial turned around. Glory to God!. All I can say is Prasie the Lord! He created this doctor to bring hurting His people. Mark 6:5 says And He could do no miracle there except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. P.S. Good things does come to those wait upon the Lord. SD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
Excellent diagnosis. Courteous and Knowledgeable on treatments and procedures I needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
I am very pleased with results of surgery performed by Dr. Owusu. He performed a 360 degree mini fusion of the L4, L5. Four months post surgery and I feel better than I have in 10 years. The Dr. looks very imposing, has very few words but I would agree with the Dr. who referred me in saying, he is an extreemly tallented surgeon. I would call him highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?
Dr. Owusu and his staff work together with a community of professionals who timely keep in contact and secure scheduling. Nothing was left out. Everything was covered.Between the courtesy of the nurses assisting the doctor and the personal feel of every visit, I wouldn't go anywhere else. Surgery is painful and scary. I'm recovering well with the help of Dr.Owusu
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Owusu?

Dr. Owusu is recognized by his peers and his patients not only by his skill in surgery but by his compassion and ever positive bed side manner. He has a passion for one on one patient care, treating each patient as an individual. Before recommending ...

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

2009
2008
2002

Dr. Owusu accepts

Dr. Owusu accepts the following insurance:

Advantage
Choice Care Network PPO
Choice PPO
Coverage First and Value Plan San Antonio, Texas Area Basic
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Owusu's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Procedure
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Back Injuries