Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD

Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Shavano Park, TX. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Read his story

13409 NW Military Hwy

Shavano Park, TX 78231

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Owusu

See how frequently Dr. Owusu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Herniated Disc
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Owusu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Owusu's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Owusu "Dr. Anthony Owusu, is a fellowship trained Orthopedic Spine Surgeon, specializing in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. His fellowship training was completed at the prestigious Texas Back Institute In Dallas. Prior to this advanced spinal training, he completed his orthopedic residency at the Medical College of Virginia and Howard University College of Medicine in Washington DC. Dr. Owusu has performed hundreds of spinal procedures and has published and presented industry leading research in spine surgery. "

This content was provided by Dr. Owusu "Dr. Owusu is recognized by his peers and his patients not only by his skill in surgery but by his compassion and ever positive bed side manner. He has a passion for one on one patient care, treating each patient as an individual. Before recommending surgery, patients will appreciate the fact that he will exhaust all manners of conservative approach first. When surgery is recommended, the Doctor utilizes the most effective advanced minimally invasive techniques used today. Effective treatments and expedient recoveries are at the heart of what motivates Dr. Owusu. Numerous testimonials attest to the instant connection and trust patients feel when being seen in clinic. "

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Owusu does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adult Scoliosis

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Procedure
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery

• Virginia Commonwealth Univ Vcu/McV
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Texas Back Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Owusu has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Owusu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Owusu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Owusu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Owusu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Owusu to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Owusu's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
What a wonderful thing to have a doctor who actually cares about my well-being and takes the time to explain his thinking. I had surgery in September and I'm already starting to get my life back! He’s a great doctor, when I think back to the days when I had gone through several doctors who have had impersonal treatments, or not having the time to fit me in, I am truly grateful for Dr Owusu. Not to leave out his great staff, specifically Brandon and Tony, you all deserve the 5 stars.
in Universal City TX |
Had a 360 spinal fusion L3 - L5 on September 5th 2017 due to severe leg pain and lower back pain . First 2 - 1/2 weeks after surgery was very painful indeed but started feeling major improvement in my 3rd week . I chose him because he came highly recommended from a reputable and very busy work injury clinic / therapy center where I go 3 days a week and so far I am pleased with the outcome and would refer anyone to see him because his education and training and desire to get it right is key.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Anthony Owusu has the hands of Jesus through our Father God. His tone set my first visit with him in explaining exactly what procedure he would be doing. He is an indescribable Surgeon. I had surgery on 2 May 2017. I was able to walk the next day and still walking without a cane, wheelchair, or walker. I was given a brace to wear after my 360 surgery to wear for about one month, nothing else. People who see me are amazed. I want to thank God, Dr Owusu and his other surgeon who did my surgery
in San Antonio, TX |
My older sister was recently in a terrible car accident that almost took her life ,so fast which left her in critical conditions. We tried every doctor,but they did not help. Finally, my mom's friend Trina recommended that we try Dr.Owusu. My sister went to Dr.Owusu to fix the pain she was going through because of the car accident. After, going to Dr.Owusu five hours later my sister was brand new a happy person who was walking and feeling like she was on top of the world. Dr.Owusu is amazing!!!
in Austin, TX |
HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Did a surgery that now we're being should NOT have been done. Creating worse issues. ZERO follow up. ZERO personality. ZERO compassion. ZERO patient service. THEN he DISSAPPEARED. Could not be reached by phone during the entire month we tried. insurance could not reach him. He has never responded to their requests for records. SAVE YOURSELF. STAY AWAY. Wish I could give ZERO stars.
At Next Generation Orthopeadic and Spine Institute we strive to have the best out comes for all of our patients. We understand that our relationship with each patient is precious and take every opportunity to resolve any situation that may occur. Recently, we completely replaced our staff and put procedures in place to address any short comings we have in countered in the past. Please, contact the office administrator directly if there is anything we can do.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr O is the best. I had spinal surgery and the next day I did not have my leg pain. I am walking with taller that I have been in the Year.
in Schertz, TX |
had lower back surgery in august 2015. spine was closing in on nerves. dr owusu fixed it. no morehip or leg pain. he's awesome and staff is great. having neck pain now and am going back to him. nuf said...
in San Antonio, TX |
AWFUL.His staff Is worse than awful.
We do appreciate the feedback and have made positive steps to ensure each patient is taken care of promptly and efficiently. Recently, we have completely replaced our staff in the San Antonio office. We will constantly review our procedures to address any short comings. Please, contact the office administrator directly if there is anything we can do. We welcome the opportunity improve.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Anthony Owusu come's highly recommend. I haven't had surgery yet, all due my insurance company denying the opportunity for me to get some type of relief.But Dr Owusu went to bat for me and got that denial turned around. Glory to God!. All I can say is Prasie the Lord! He created this doctor to bring hurting His people. Mark 6:5 says And He could do no miracle there except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. P.S. Good things does come to those wait upon the Lord. SD
in San Antonio, TX |
Excellent diagnosis. Courteous and Knowledgeable on treatments and procedures I needed.
in San Antonio, TX |
I am very pleased with results of surgery performed by Dr. Owusu. He performed a 360 degree mini fusion of the L4, L5. Four months post surgery and I feel better than I have in 10 years. The Dr. looks very imposing, has very few words but I would agree with the Dr. who referred me in saying, he is an extreemly tallented surgeon. I would call him highly recommended.
San Antonio, Texas |
Dr. Owusu and his staff work together with a community of professionals who timely keep in contact and secure scheduling. Nothing was left out. Everything was covered.Between the courtesy of the nurses assisting the doctor and the personal feel of every visit, I wouldn't go anywhere else. Surgery is painful and scary. I'm recovering well with the help of Dr.Owusu
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Owusu, MD?

Visit Dr. Owusu