Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Anthony Moreno, MD
Dr. Anthony Moreno, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Safety Harbor, FL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Moreno is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital and Mease Countryside Hospital.

1800 Mease Dr

• HealthSmart
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Moreno

Dr. Moreno's Experience

Dr. Moreno's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection

• Jackson Meml Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Allegheny/Hahnemann University Hosps
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Moreno has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Moreno does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moreno and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Moreno's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Moreno to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Moreno's Performance
in Clearwater, FL |
I had cervical spine surgery, August 21, 2017. From the first visit to current, Dr. Moreno and his staff have been professional and courteous. All of his staff were extremely friendly, welcoming, and expedient in all aspects of their administrative duties. Dr. Moreno made me feel extremely comfortable with his abilities and gave me details about pre-surgery, the surgical procedure, and post-surgery. I literally trusted him with my life and would not hesitate to do so in the future.
Tampa, FL |
Dr Moreno performed a lumbar laminectomy and disectomy in May of this year and I am pain free. Dr Moreno will explore the least invasive procedures and he takes his time answering questions. The staff has always been professional and polite. Dr Moreno is knowledgeable, professional and a great person.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Moreno and his team are fantastic. In addition the the areas above, the skill level, cordiality, and overall helpfulness exceeded my expectations. Three week out from multiple fusions and eight other procedures and I feel great and look forward to a great recovery.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Moreno just completed ACDF multilevel (3) neck surgery for me after months and months of other failed attempts to reduce the pain by other specialties and various types of treatments. He assured me he would "fix me" and honest to God the moment I woke up from the surgery I could feel my arm and fingers (first time in months). Not only is he an amazing surgeon, he and his staff went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable with each step of the process. God Bless you Dr Moreno.
in Palm Harbor, FL |
After suffering leg pain for over two years,I had lumbar surgery. The hospital stay was short , and the pain was gone.My lower back was beyond any laser treatment, and I am now pain free.After only three weeks after surgery, I am doing light yard work , and enjoying normal life again. I can highly recommend Dr. Moreno.
Palm Harbor, FL |
Yesterday I met with Dr Moreno and he spent a fair amount of time with me answering questions and coming up with a plan. I was so nervous and he and his staff made me feel very welcome.
in Apollo beach, fl |
I experienced a workers compensation injury. Dr. Moreno is the Doctor that I was sent to. Someone was looking out for me. I received excellent care. He answered all my questions, reassured me I would be as good as new. I feel very fortunate to have him do my spinal fusion and if I had to do it over again he would be the doctor of choice.
in Palm Harbor, FL |
Dr Moreno changed my life after surgery. I broke my spine and walked bent forward with flat back syndrome. Dr moreno built an arch in my lumbar area which allowed me to stand up straight again. He loves complex cases and has a great team and hospital. I trusted him to help me and he did exactly what he said he would do.
Tampa, FL |
His staff rescheduled my appointment at least five times and eventually cancelled without notifying me.
Bradenton, FL |
Arrogant doctor.
in Clearwater, FL |
I am very happy and please with the surgery that Doc. Moreno did . I have 3 4 and 5 vertebrae done had severe arthritis with bone spurs and after surgery had no pain at all in neck and my hands and toes straightened were a lot better I could close my fingers again. So thanks Doc. you did a wonderful job . Would recommend Dr. Moreno to any and all
in PALM HARBOR, FL |
Dr. Moreno is a very thorough and straight forward physician. After providing me with all of the concerns and details of back surgery, he performed my surgery and was right there the next morning in the hospital. My operation was very successful, and the results were much better than I had anticipated. My recovery is going well and I would highly recommend Dr. Moreno and his staff. Their genuine concern and total preparation gave me the confidence to undertake this serious surgery. Thank you!
Dr Moreno was not clear about home care, very brusk and EXTREMELY RUDE when asked questions!
in Dunedin, FL |
Dr.Moreno will from now on be my go to Dr. for my back problems that I have been suffering with for over 10 years. I have recommended him to my daughter in law that also has suffered from back pain
in Clearwater, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Moreno, I am 4 months post spine fusion surgery and the pain that I dealt with for many years is almost non-existent. Mari, Dr. Moreno's assistant was also extremely helpful as I navigated through the entire surgery process, pre and post. The entire team that I connected with was helpful in answering my questions and empathic to the high level of pain I was experiencing. Thank you to the Dr. Moreno team!
in Haines City, Fl |
I would recommend Dr. Moreno to anyone who asks. My surgery was done timely and with a lot of personal care and direct contact with Dr. Moreno before and after the surgery. I was put at easy with the process and very pleased with the results. His staff was professional and caring.
Clearwater, FL |
The office is poorly organized, continually cancles appointments, has significant long wait times. Would not recomend this pratice.
in Dunedin, FL |
From his receptionist to his assistant, Mari, Dr. Moreno is top shelf with regard to his knowledge, compassion and overall positive "can fix it" attitude. In book, Dr. Moreno is a gifted surgeon and a saint!!
in Dunedin, FL |
Dr. Moreno and staff are truly exceptional! Dr. Moreno is sooo kind, empathetic and smart! He is an expert and a wonderful Physician! My life has changed because of him, I am no longer in pain, I do not need to take any medications at all for over 1 year! THANK YOU DR. MORENO!
in crystal river, fl |
I have already recommended this doctor to others. He was able to redo a failed back surgery for me to the point where there is now little or no pain! He is wonderful!
in Oldsmar, FL |
I found Dr Moreno to be knowledgeable, confident, caring and skilled. He explained my condition thoroughly and treatment available. I tried non surgical routes first. After accepting the fact that surgery was my only answer, I accepted the fact that I would be experiencing surgery for the first time in my life. I'm very pleased with the outcome of my surgery. I am now pain free. I would and do highly recommend Dr Moreno to anyone needing back surgery. I had a spinal fusion and laminectomy.
in Hudson, FL |
I had a "Walnut" sized Cyst on my vertebrae, that was pressing against my spinal cord, causing extreme pain. In addition I had a fractured vertebra. Dr. Moreno was very professional, and put my mind at ease, having performed 100's of these surgeries. When I woke up in recovery, my pain was virtually gone. I rated it 1-3 on scale of 10. Since the surgery my pain is almost non existent, with minimal medications. Highly recommend Dr. Moreno.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Second opinion visit to Dr. Moreno was successful and he said I would have 90% pain relief post Laminectomy surgery. The staff was great and communicated well with my us. Surgery was a complete success no more radiating pain down legs and lower back pain was gone. I was able to sit with no pain and returned to work light duty 2 weeks later. Great work by a wonderful doctor, thanks Moreno and staff.
in Safety Harbor, Fl |
Dr. Moreno and his staff were very kind courteous and empathetic to my pain. I was given every opportunity for pain relief before surgery. After no satisfaction with PT and injections Dr. Moreno explained on how he could help me with surgery. One day after surgery I was up walking with no pain, other than incision pain and I am on my way to recovery. His experience and knowledge is the best in his field in my opinion. I have already recommended Dr.Moreno to three other patience with back pain.
in Clearwater, FL |
I'm no stranger to back surgeries, so when I ended up in the E.R. just 2 days after a difficult epidural, I knew something was terribly wrong. I was admitted for unmanageable pain. The next day Dr. Moreno came in and said he could fix the problem with surgery. I am so happy I said yes! It's been 4 weeks, I've been walking since the day after surgery! Dr. Moreno is a blessing! He's so confident and competent and most of all compassionate. His whole staff is terrific! You've brought my smile back!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Moreno is a personable intelligent and skilled surgeon. The thing that impressed me most was he took the time to listen to my concerns and thoroughly explained what to expect.
in Tampa, FL |
I waited many years to consult a surgeon about my scoliosis. when I saw dr. Moreno it was definitely time for surgery. i did not wait, we got right on it. now 8 mo. later, life is good. we discussed my case, he explained what he would like to accomplish and how it would be done. it's a tough surgery that can have a wonderful outcome. you are in good hands with dr. Moreno.
in Dunedin, FL |
Dr. Moreno listened to my concerns and explained a conservative approach of treatment. He answered all my questions and even suggested getting a second opinion. He did not push me to make a decision but gave me the information needed to make an informed decision. He explained what he could and could not do for me. Everything he said he could do he did. I had surgery on my lower back 3-23-16 and recovery has been faster then expected. I highly recommend Dr. Moreno.
in Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Anthony Moreno is an intelligent, caring, highly skilled Orthopedic Surgeon. He answered all my questions, allowed me time to discern and process all that I was learning, and not only performed a highly technical procedure on my Cervical Spine, he cared about me and my family through it all!
in North Fort Myers, FL |
As far as spine surgery is concerned he is extremely skilled and I entrusted my life to him for two spinal fusion surgeries which combined for about 16 hours on the table. My severe, 2-curve scoliosis is now contained and not sinking south with gravity. I would recommend him to anyway needing this type procedure.
in Tampa, FL |
I was floored at how rude the two in the front office were. A patient, from St. Pete came for her appointment and was told the doctor had to cancel. The idiot behind the desk said she had called the pts cell but didn't leave a message thinking she would call back when she saw the number. That's fine if the pt had the doctors number memorized, but the two bozos just looked at her like she had two heads and bozo #1 asked when she wanted to reschedule. She walked out. You lost 2 patients that day.
in Tampa, FL |
I became a patient of Dr. Moreno's on the advice of my Doctor. First of all I noticed the staff knew every patient's name as they arrived. Dr. Moreno was very caring and helpful by explaining what he could try first, none worked for me so we decided on surgery. I have never met any doctor who made sure EVERY base was covered to take great care of the patient before, during and after surgery. I felt I was a member of a team. Dr. Moreno is still "there" for me! At 80 I find that is rare!
in Tampa, FL |
I had severe scoliosis that was still progressing, I was uncomfortable every single day and I had accepted that this was simply my lot in life. I went into this expecting the cure to come at the cost of a severe loss of mobility. Not the case. I'm about 6 months post-op and my body is able to handle light to moderate weightlifting, which I really didn't expect I'd be able to return to, at least not so soon. The spinal fusion performed was LITERALLY a life changing experience and I'm so thankful.
in Lutz, FL |
I was in pain for over 2 years until I found Dr. Moreno. After going to a number of doctors and finding nothing . Saw Dr. Moreno , went for some test and found that I had Severe Spinal Stenosis. The best thing I did was have the surgery and today I'm pain Free.
in Safety Harbor, FL |
Caring at consultation. After that, non-caring. Spent a lot of money on required Pre-Ops, only to have my surgery constantly put of for 7 months. Still no surgery scheduled.
in Apollo Beach, FL |
I couldn't have been happier with my experience. Right from my very first visit to Dr. Morenos office I could tell anything that was a concern for me was addressed and taken care of by Dr. Moreno and his team. I was having several pains in my back as well as down my legs from my auto accident. The surgical process to correct the issue by Dr. Moreno and his team was very smooth. The staff at Mease Countryside Hospital attended to everything I needed, I cant thank them enough.
in Tampa, FL |
I was in excruciating pain for 30 days - herniated/bulging L 4 & 5 - pinching sciatic nerve. Had 4 cortisone injections with no long term relief - Dr. Moreno & 2nd opinion from Fl Orthopedic suggested fusion - Dr. Moreno, office staff and surgery team to include Mease Countryside hospital were incredible - made me and my family feel reassured. Followed-up with in-home nurse twice a week. Now walking 3.5 mi/day less than 30 days post surgery - FINALLY, NO PAIN - I Strongly recommend Dr. Moreno.
in Clearwater, FL |
Felt like I was being churned out of a mill every time I left the office. My issues were treated with a dismissive attitude and was given the impression nothing could be done. I went for a second opinion elsewhere which resulted in a much needed surgery and am now on the road to a virtually pain free recovery. I will warn anyone I know against this practice if they are in need of orthopedic attention.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Moreno, MD?
Are you Dr. Moreno?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Northside Hospital &Tampa Bay Heart Institute

Visit Dr. Moreno