Dr. Anthony P. Moreno, MD

Dr. Anthony P. Moreno, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 50 years old

Dr. Moreno specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Safety Harbor, FL. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Moreno? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Moreno's Experience

See how Dr. Moreno's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Moreno

Dr. Moreno accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Moreno has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Moreno
Dr. Moreno's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (45)
in Oldsmar, FL |
I found Dr Moreno to be knowledgeable, confident, caring and skilled. He explained my condition thoroughly and treatment available. I tried non surgical routes first. After accepting the fact that surgery was my only answer, I accepted the fact that I would be experiencing surgery for the first time in my life. I'm very pleased with the outcome of my surgery. I am now pain free. I would and do highly recommend Dr Moreno to anyone needing back surgery. I had a spinal fusion and laminectomy.
in Hudson, FL |
I had a "Walnut" sized Cyst on my vertebrae, that was pressing against my spinal cord, causing extreme pain. In addition I had a fractured vertebra. Dr. Moreno was very professional, and put my mind at ease, having performed 100's of these surgeries. When I woke up in recovery, my pain was virtually gone. I rated it 1-3 on scale of 10. Since the surgery my pain is almost non existent, with minimal medications. Highly recommend Dr. Moreno.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Second opinion visit to Dr. Moreno was successful and he said I would have 90% pain relief post Laminectomy surgery. The staff was great and communicated well with my us. Surgery was a complete success no more radiating pain down legs and lower back pain was gone. I was able to sit with no pain and returned to work light duty 2 weeks later. Great work by a wonderful doctor, thanks Moreno and staff.
in Safety Harbor, Fl |
Dr. Moreno and his staff were very kind courteous and empathetic to my pain. I was given every opportunity for pain relief before surgery. After no satisfaction with PT and injections Dr. Moreno explained on how he could help me with surgery. One day after surgery I was up walking with no pain, other than incision pain and I am on my way to recovery. His experience and knowledge is the best in his field in my opinion. I have already recommended Dr.Moreno to three other patience with back pain.
in Clearwater, FL |
I'm no stranger to back surgeries, so when I ended up in the E.R. just 2 days after a difficult epidural, I knew something was terribly wrong. I was admitted for unmanageable pain. The next day Dr. Moreno came in and said he could fix the problem with surgery. I am so happy I said yes! It's been 4 weeks, I've been walking since the day after surgery! Dr. Moreno is a blessing! He's so confident and competent and most of all compassionate. His whole staff is terrific! You've brought my smile back!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Moreno is a personable intelligent and skilled surgeon. The thing that impressed me most was he took the time to listen to my concerns and thoroughly explained what to expect.
in Tampa, FL |
I waited many years to consult a surgeon about my scoliosis. when I saw dr. Moreno it was definitely time for surgery. i did not wait, we got right on it. now 8 mo. later, life is good. we discussed my case, he explained what he would like to accomplish and how it would be done. it's a tough surgery that can have a wonderful outcome. you are in good hands with dr. Moreno.
in Dunedin, FL |
Dr. Moreno listened to my concerns and explained a conservative approach of treatment. He answered all my questions and even suggested getting a second opinion. He did not push me to make a decision but gave me the information needed to make an informed decision. He explained what he could and could not do for me. Everything he said he could do he did. I had surgery on my lower back 3-23-16 and recovery has been faster then expected. I highly recommend Dr. Moreno.
in Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Anthony Moreno is an intelligent, caring, highly skilled Orthopedic Surgeon. He answered all my questions, allowed me time to discern and process all that I was learning, and not only performed a highly technical procedure on my Cervical Spine, he cared about me and my family through it all!
in North Fort Myers, FL |
As far as spine surgery is concerned he is extremely skilled and I entrusted my life to him for two spinal fusion surgeries which combined for about 16 hours on the table. My severe, 2-curve scoliosis is now contained and not sinking south with gravity. I would recommend him to anyway needing this type procedure.
in Tampa, FL |
I was floored at how rude the two in the front office were. A patient, from St. Pete came for her appointment and was told the doctor had to cancel. The idiot behind the desk said she had called the pts cell but didn't leave a message thinking she would call back when she saw the number. That's fine if the pt had the doctors number memorized, but the two bozos just looked at her like she had two heads and bozo #1 asked when she wanted to reschedule. She walked out. You lost 2 patients that day.
in Tampa, FL |
I became a patient of Dr. Moreno's on the advice of my Doctor. First of all I noticed the staff knew every patient's name as they arrived. Dr. Moreno was very caring and helpful by explaining what he could try first, none worked for me so we decided on surgery. I have never met any doctor who made sure EVERY base was covered to take great care of the patient before, during and after surgery. I felt I was a member of a team. Dr. Moreno is still "there" for me! At 80 I find that is rare!
in Tampa, FL |
I had severe scoliosis that was still progressing, I was uncomfortable every single day and I had accepted that this was simply my lot in life. I went into this expecting the cure to come at the cost of a severe loss of mobility. Not the case. I'm about 6 months post-op and my body is able to handle light to moderate weightlifting, which I really didn't expect I'd be able to return to, at least not so soon. The spinal fusion performed was LITERALLY a life changing experience and I'm so thankful.
in Lutz, FL |
I was in pain for over 2 years until I found Dr. Moreno. After going to a number of doctors and finding nothing . Saw Dr. Moreno , went for some test and found that I had Severe Spinal Stenosis. The best thing I did was have the surgery and today I'm pain Free.
in Safety Harbor, FL |
Caring at consultation. After that, non-caring. Spent a lot of money on required Pre-Ops, only to have my surgery constantly put of for 7 months. Still no surgery scheduled.
in Apollo Beach, FL |
I couldn't have been happier with my experience. Right from my very first visit to Dr. Morenos office I could tell anything that was a concern for me was addressed and taken care of by Dr. Moreno and his team. I was having several pains in my back as well as down my legs from my auto accident. The surgical process to correct the issue by Dr. Moreno and his team was very smooth. The staff at Mease Countryside Hospital attended to everything I needed, I cant thank them enough.
in Tampa, FL |
I was in excruciating pain for 30 days - herniated/bulging L 4 & 5 - pinching sciatic nerve. Had 4 cortisone injections with no long term relief - Dr. Moreno & 2nd opinion from Fl Orthopedic suggested fusion - Dr. Moreno, office staff and surgery team to include Mease Countryside hospital were incredible - made me and my family feel reassured. Followed-up with in-home nurse twice a week. Now walking 3.5 mi/day less than 30 days post surgery - FINALLY, NO PAIN - I Strongly recommend Dr. Moreno.
in Clearwater, FL |
Felt like I was being churned out of a mill every time I left the office. My issues were treated with a dismissive attitude and was given the impression nothing could be done. I went for a second opinion elsewhere which resulted in a much needed surgery and am now on the road to a virtually pain free recovery. I will warn anyone I know against this practice if they are in need of orthopedic attention.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony P. Moreno, MD?
Are you Dr. Moreno?

Dr. Moreno's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Moreno has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Moreno's Board Certifications

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Jackson Meml Med Center

Completed in 1997

Allegheny/Hahnemann University Hosps

Completed in 1998

Dr. Moreno does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moreno and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.