Dr. Anthony Montemuro, MD

Dr. Anthony Montemuro, MD

Gastroenterology  ·

Dr. Anthony Montemuro, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Smyrna, TN and has been practicing for 29 years. He specializes in gastroenterology.Read his story

Gastroenterology Specialists of Middle TN

300 Stonecrest Blvd Ste 210

Smyrna, TN 37167

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Medicare
  • One Health
  • Private HealthCare Systems

Learn about Dr. Montemuro

See how frequently Dr. Montemuro performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nausea
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Constipation

Dr. Montemuro's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Montemuro's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Montemuro "Anthony Montemuro, MD, completed his medical degree at Thomas Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA. and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia. Dr. Montemuro finished his fellowship in Gastroenterology and completed an elective fellowship in Therapeutic ERCP at Presbyterian Medical Center in Philadelphia. Prior to joining Gastroenterology Specialists of Middle TN in 2003, Dr. Montemuro was in private practice in Savannah, GA., where he practiced for five years. Prior to that, he practiced at the Nalle Clinic in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Montemuro has been on the medical staff at StoneCrest Medical Center since 2003. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Gastroenterology."

• Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Thomas Jefferson Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Pennsylvania Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Pennsylvania Hospital
  • Presbyterian Medical Center - University - Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Montemuro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Montemuro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Montemuro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Montemuro's Reviews

3.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Montemuro to family and friends

Dr. Montemuro's Performance

Since my mother had colon cancer, screening by a doctor I trust is extremely important to me. Dr. Montemuro's office personnel are always helpful, professional and friendly. Dr. Montemuro himself has always taken the time to listen to me and, I believe, has always performed all appropriate tests....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your review!! We value our outstanding team members at Dr. Montemuro's office and will pass along the compliment!

I've seen him once for a second opinion. I spent five minutes with him. He didn't answer my questions or concerns. He then sent me for tests. I called his office a few days after the tests. His receptionist told me the results and to call back for an appointment if necessary. No one offered to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Please know we take these comments seriously and appreciate you making us aware of your concerns and how we could have done a better job. We've shared your feedback with Sarah, our practice manager, who is committed to addressing these issues. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to reach out to use directly at (615) 223-6606 and ask for Sarah.

He is horrible, when i was waiting on him he came to talk to me as he is fighting with me! He said why you here? I said cuz my doctor referred me to you. He seen my report and he screamed at me "nothing wrong with your  liver",  but my primary doctor said i have one and a half Inche increase in...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1

Thank you for reaching out and please know we take these concerns very seriously. While we are unable to discuss specific patient encounters publicly due to privacy laws, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 615-223-6606.

Dr. Montemuro is a very professional and friendly doctor. He is very thorough and prompt at setting up any needed test. He has a very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful staff. I think Dr. Montemuro is an excellent doctor and I highly recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.

Professional but takes the time to answer your questions and to explain things. I have referred him to family and friends
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1

More Gastroenterology Specialists like Dr. Montemuro at Gastroenterology Specialists of Middle TN

Gastroenterology Specialist