Dr. Anthony Massey, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Anthony Massey, MD 1501 Sulgrave Ave Ste 200 Baltimore, MD 21209 Get Directions
Dr. Anthony Massey, MD
I work with adults with psychiatric and addiction related problems. His areas of focus include treatment of anxiety, ADD/ADHD, mood disorders (e.g., depression, bipolar disorder), addictions to drugs and alcohol and PTSD. Even though I prescribe medications, I see treatment for mental health and addiction problems as including many things beyond meds. Building resilience requires attention and perhaps changes to one's lifestyle along with counseling or psychotherapy. Recovery often involves repairing significant personal relationships, and support from family and friends is key. I work with a patient to develop a treatment plan that includes these things and makes sense to both of us.

Dr. Massey's Care Philosophy

I've learned that while medications can be helpful (and even lifesaving), they're only part of the solution to achieving wellness and recovery. My goal for patients is to work together to develop a comprehensive treatment approach, often utilizing psychotherapy, community supports and lifestyle interventions. And it almost goes without saying that the treatment having the best chance of success is one that is actually followed. Thus, it's really important my patients understand treatment recommendations, and that these recommendations make sense to them as being both helpful and doable.

Dr. Massey's Experience

See how Dr. Massey's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Massey

Dr. Massey accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Massey is now accepting new patients

Dr. Massey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Massey to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Massey Says:

Thank you for taking time to complete this satisfaction survey. If you feel you have received great care, please let friends and others know. If you feel otherwise, please let me know so that this can be made better.

Dr. Massey's Performance
Annapolis, MD |
I can not believe the treatment I just received by your office as a new patient. After jumping through hoops to make an appointment and being cancelled and forced to schedule with a NP after waiting a month for the appointment I already had. I realized if this was how I would be treated as a new patient, I didn't want to be an actual patient. Getting no where with your office i opted to cancel my appointment and she stated in an excited tone "ok, well call us if you need us!" SERIOUSLY!
Baltimore, MD |
I have been contacting Dr Massey's office for 5 weeks. I was able to talk to a person 1 time. I was told then that it would be 2-3 weeks. 5 weeks later and 4 messages left, I have not even gotten a response from the Doctor. He should take "new patients accepted" off of his site. Evidently he has enough patients and money to get back to someone in need.
Really sorry to hear this. Because there's such a shortage of psychiatrists taking insurance, I've hired on a handful of excellent ones who will now serve this community. I've also hired an office manager and soon additional front desk staff to help with appointments. Today I just updated this site with a new phone number to scheduling staff. I wish you the best of luck. Please know you're still welcome to be a patient at my clinic.
in Baltimore |
Dr. Massey is efficient with technology. He is easy to get a hold of with text, email, or phone. Is a good listener and gives encouraging feedback.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Massey, MD?

Compare Dr. Massey

Dr. Massey's Care Philosophy

Dr. Massey says...

I'm now retired from the US Navy, where where worked with sailors and marines on ships, in clinics and in the field. I've also been on faculty at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in the departments of psychiatry and internal medicine. In addition, I've worked with adolescent and adult patients in hospital and in outpatient settings. Particular areas of focus over my career have been mood and anxiety disorders, attention deficit disorders, addiction, and health and wellness.

Dr. Massey says...

Dr. Massey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Massey has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Massey's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Sheppard Pratt Health System

Completed in 1996

Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Massey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Massey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry