Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Margherita

West County Spine&Sports Medcn

555 N New Ballas Rd Ste 210 Saint Louis, MO 63141

Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine in 1985 and specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation.

Dr. Margherita accepts

Dr. Margherita accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Preferred Plus POS
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Margherita's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• EMG (Electromyography)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Heel Spur
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Upper Back Pain

4.1

Dr. Margherita?
Dr. Margherita's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD
This place was absolutely no help and a waste of time. They sent my wife to get three different scans which wasted 3 apts and we only saw the real doctor twice. The other 2 times we saw this lady who had no clue what to do. She would make us sit in the room while she went and talked to the real doctor for at least 30 min both times as my wife is sitting there in severe pain. So after only 5 visits they said you should see a surgeon. So I guess they want my 25 yr old wife to have back surgery.....that doesnt sound like a good idea to me. Also this is the worst office staff I have ever worked with! They schedule us an apt then when we show up they say we aren't on the books and have to continually ask the Dr about stuff because they dont know what they are doing! I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
I appreciated that Dr. Margherita really listened to me, then took a reasonable approach to solving my problem. He explained the causes for the discomfort in my neck and shoulder then laid out the steps of what we could do to fix it. One short prescription and some easy exercises did the job, but I know that there are other options if the pain ever returns. I will definitely return to Dr. Margherita's office if I have other problems with chronic pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Margherita for hip pain while running. Dr. Margherita and staff were friendly and professional. I was unable to run when I saw Dr. Margherita the first appointment and now I am running pain free. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr. Margherita has treated me back and hip issues for approximately 5 years. He always listens and takes the time to understand my condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr. Margherita is great at finding out what is really the problem and prescribing the right treatment. the 1st doctor I went to couldn't find the problem and wanted to start injections to my back. Dr. Margherita found an injured tendon problem in leg and hip . Ordered P.T. and now I am well
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Figured out my problem right away. Took no time to fix.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
I went to Dr. Margherita for knee pain a month before a planned camping trip. The office got me an appointment quickly. When I got there, everyone was friendly and professional. Dr. M is very thorough - he LISTENS and asks questions, then probes and manipulates to isolate the issue. I ended up with X-ray, MRI and ultrasound, as each imaging method gives you different info. My injured knee was completely fixed in time for lots of hiking. Couldn't be more pleased!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Met Dr. Margherita when I was a participant in a drug study for arthritic knee pain. Both of my knees were arthritic, but we had to choose only one for this study. After making our choice, he asked if no other Dr. M told me there were other procedures to relief the knee pain in my other knee. I returned to see him after the study because of his communication skills, knowledge of my type of condition, educational background & bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr Margherita is an excellent doctor. I had severe pain for months in my shoulder. He helped me understand the issue and, through physical therapy, resolve the problem. I am nearly back to normal and, by continuing my physical therapy at home, can continue to be pain free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
The best and the best staff. So glad I was referred to Dr. Margherita after being in pain for such a long time. Thank you Dr. Margherita!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Nothing but good things to say here. Great doctor. Great office staff. They all listen to the patient. Dr. Margherita explained exactly what he thought my treatment should be and gave me options to consider. He was right and my problem is gone. Everyone in he office was professional, friendly and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr.Margherita is very professional and knowledgeable Dr. I have been going to him for years. Every visit is always been very helpful in treating problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr. Margherita is an amazing doctor!! I was in so much pain and no pne could figure out why. He did! He never gave up on my medical dilemma as so many others had. He has literally given me my life back! THANK YOU!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
When I went to see Dr. Margherita I could barely walk from my truck to his office. The back pain was unbearable. In a matter of 3 months he was able to give me nearly complete relief. The best part is that he didn't just give me meds to mask the pain. He went to the cause of the pain and eliminated it. Thank you to Dr. Margherita and to his excellent staff. I highly recommend Dr. Margherita and his staff if you are suffering from pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr. Margherita listens and trouble shoots. He truly wants to solve his patients problems and get them to live a pain free life. After 9 years of dealing with chronic neck issues and being pushed from one doctor to another, Dr. Margherita made an effort to solve my problem. He and his staff go above and beyond for their patients!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr. Margherita is very professional and has always helped me recover from my injuries in a very timely manner. I was recommended to him three years ago for my I-T band injury and I thought I would never run again . . . I was wrong - I have taken 1st place in two races and 2nd place in three races since then!! I recently visited him for a knee injury and it's been only three weeks and I'm well on the road to recovery. He is an exceptional doctor. Thank you Dr. Margherita!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr. Margherita and his staff have been very helpful working with me. I have some chronic medical issues that have required a number of different therapies and medications. I am pleased with their ongoing attention towards helping me. With there help, I have been able to continue working a very full work schedule and enjoy most recreational activities I was having difficulty with in the past.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr. Margherita is an excellent doctor! He has been instrumental in relieving my back, neck and shoulder pains and getting me back to the gym. His expertise helped pinpoint the cause of my pains, thereby helping to alleviate them. I would highly recommend him to anyone who suffers from pain and is unable to continue their daily and gym activities. I have used him several times now and have had great success every time! Highly, highly recommend!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
Dr. Margherita helped me deal with pain that I'd given up on ever resolving. He was incredibly thorough, took nothing for granted, solved my problem. He's knowledgeable, has great bedside manner, and gives back to the community by always bringing in interns and students to shadow and work with him. Sometimes his front desk staff can be frustrating (I could never tell the office hours, or get a reply to voicemails in a timely manner) but that seems to have improved in the past month or so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anthony Margherita, MD?
I have been a patient for 5+ YEARS of Dr. Margherita. Love him, & staff!! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Margherita for ANY Spine &/or Sports injury issue! Dr.Margherita has been a St. Louis 'Best Doctor' for at least 6 years,has a fantastic 'bedside' manor. He Is VERY knowledgeable, (I have a quite rare Spine disorder,& he was able to diagnose it in less than 20 minutes.) Dr.Margherita will take the time to,& has ALWAYS answered ANY questions I've had, until I 100% understand! + is rarely late!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Margherita?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Margherita treats patients.

St. Luke's Hospital