Bariatric Surgery  |
Dr. Anthony Maffei, MD
Dr. Anthony Maffei, MD is a bariatric surgery doctor who practices in Hawthorne, NY. He is 42 years old. Dr. Maffei is affiliated with Putnam Hospital Center, Greenwich Hospital, Vassar Brothers Medical Center and Westchester Medical Center.

Advanced Surgeons

• MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Maffei

Dr. Anthony Maffei is a minimally invasive general/bariatric surgeon and the Director of Bariatric Surgery at Putnam Hospital Center. He is a board certified general surgeon and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. An assistant professor of surgery at New York Medical College, Dr. Maffei is actively involved in the training of residents and fellows in general surgery and minimal access surgery. He also specializes in body contouring and Smartlipo- an in-office procedure which delivers energy underneath the skin to achieve the shape you desire. His highly trained team is dedicated to providing the highest level of patient care every step of the way and have strived to offer optimal opportunity for safe and effective outcomes. They regularly manage some of the most challenging and complex patients, engage all levels of obesity, standards of care for surgery, ages, co-morbid conditions, and re-operations. Dr. Maffei is an appointed as a police surgeon for the City of Peekskill.

Dr. Maffei's Experience

Dr. Maffei's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Bariatric Surgery

• Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pediatric Obesity
  • Rectal Diseases
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

• Adhesiolysis
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon Surgery
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
  • Laparotomy
  • Liposuction
  • Open Gastric Restrictive Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Revision of Gastric Anastomosis or Restrictive Procedure
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• The Stamford Hospital/Columbia University College Of Physicans and Surgeons
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • New York Medical College Institute Of Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

• Current Updates in Minimally Invasive Surgery, 2010

• Italian

Dr. Maffei does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Maffei and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Maffei's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Maffei to family and friends
Dr. Maffei's Performance
in Wappingers Falls, NY |
Other surgeons had turned me away for a revision to a 1994 surgery. Dr M was receptive to me although he made me aware the risks were higher with this type of surgery. Once Dr M knew that I accepted the risks and was working hard to get into better health he was all in. The surgery was difficult due to scar tissue and the previous surgery. Dr M did a wonderful job. I am so grateful to Dr M for his outstanding skills and willingness to take me on as his patient. I am lucky to have found him
in Tarrytown, New York |
I had laparoscopic Lap Band removal and conversion to the gastric sleeve on June 29th 2017 with Dr. Maffei. He was amazing from our first meeting all the way through to the after care visit. I am extremely impressed with his skills and bed side manner. He took the time to explain everything in detail and make sure I was given all the information needed. The surgery itself was smooth. I've had zero complications and I'm healing well. I strongly believe that his surgical skills are the reason.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I had complications from a hernia surgery I had in 2014. I was in pain and also fearful to have surgery again. I had researched many doctors and found Dr.Anthony Maffei. He instantly made me feel at ease and took the time to answer all my questions, and I had many. Dr.Maffei is one of the most caring, compassionate, and professional doctors I have ever met. Every Aspect of my surgery was handled with excellence. I am blessed to have found him and will forever be grateful.
in Bronx |
Dr. Maffei is an amazing doctor and i'm so happy with my results and my progress I couldn't have picked a better surgeon to perform my bariatric surgery. Dr. Maffei can highly recommend to me by my father. My father said that he would only trust my life in the hands of Dr. Maffei and boy was he correct. I would highly recommend him and his team of staff if you are looking into and considering bariatric Surgery. Dr. Maffei's staff makes you feel like you are at home its like a family atmosphere.
in Somers, NY |
Dr.Maffei is the most skillful surgeon with regard to his surgical expertise and patient relatedness skils. My daughter first underwent a vertical sleeve gastrectomy& lost 150 pounds and all of her weight related health issues were rectified.2years later I followed in my daughter's path in 2016, I was evaluated and deemed appropriate for the same procedure; at 58 with Autoimmune issues,Dr. Maffei assured me this would work and most importantly be safe.100 down great tool & team. look no further.
in Yonkers, NY |
I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Maffei. Not only is he a very competent surgeon, he has remarkable bedside manner and makes you feel as though you are his only patient and priority #1. I had 2 surgeries with Dr. Maffei in less than a year and I have never felt so comfortable and at ease with any other doctor. He converted my sleeve to a gastric bypass and later removed my gallbladder. I trusted him completely and knew I was in good hands.
in Dutchess county, NY |
There is not a more caring, professional Dr. Than Dr. Maffei. He is kind, knowledgeable and will never rush you through a visit. He patiently answers all your questions - without attitude. I love him ,and cant recommend him enough. He came highly recommended to me by two of his previous patients, and I'm glad i decided to work with him. A year later, he's still as attentive as the first time i met with him. I owe this man my life. I am very grateful to have met him. A++++++.
in White Plains, NY |
I was in need of a very difficult surgery for my husband, but friends and physicians had advised me to go to the city of New York, because there I will find the best surgeons. I have my own concerns, however. So, I had decided to go to Westchester County Medical Center, where I found Doctor Anthony Maffei. Me and my husband were very impressed, after the first consultation. The surgery was done, without any major complications. Doctor Maffei, did and excellent job.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Maffei, MD?
Are you Dr. Maffei?