Dr. Anthony Machi, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Male

Ridglea Family Guidence 3509 Hulen St Ste 207 Fort Worth, TX 76107 Get Directions
Dr. Anthony Machi, MD
Dr. Anthony Machi, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Fort Worth, TX. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 43 years.

Dr. Machi's Experience

See how Dr. Machi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Machi

Dr. Machi is now accepting new patients

Dr. Machi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Machi to family and friends
Dr. Machi Says:

Thank you to all who have taken time to add to my profile.  I learn from patients and always try to improve. Four times the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology certified me, once in psychiatry and child psychiatry and twice in addiction psychiatry. I try to remain current with the science of psychiatry and take lessons from patients and their families in improving in the art of psychiatry.

Dr. Machi's Performance
in Fort Worth, TX |
Machi is in the business for his patients. He stays up to date on EVERYTHING. He doesn't blindly give you medication (I have so many printouts of info about meds we talk about so I can make an informed decision). He also has a pharmacology cert so he can advise patients on dosages when other meds temporarily come into the mix for illnesses or surgeries.
Had to go through a few psychiatrists. Finally found dr machi who knew exactly what medicine was needed. Thanks to him, we are a better family. Life is short, why have a hard life when a good dr can put everything into perspective .
in Abilene, TX |
We gladly make a 160 mi. drive for our adopted sons to be treated. After living several years in residential treatment, our oldest now maintains a job and semi independent living. The other participates in high school as a mainstream student. We tried many behaviorialists and Drs., but Dr. Machi was able to prescribe and fine tune medications that improved their functional and social skills. He is concerned with any side effects ,gives undivided attention during a visit. A 5 star miracle !
in Ft Worth, TX |
I found Dr. Machi while seeking help for a yng. fam. mbr. 2 years ago. Talented & intell. high achiever became self-destruct., irrational, barely functional, & resistant to rational solutions. You may know unfortunately, bafflement & pain of looking on helplessly, while a loved one suffers. Dr. Machi obt. fam. history/input, so important for a clear picture, his approach fosters cooperation & respect, meds. presc./adjust. as needed. Happily, today, the pt is stable, creative, & living his life.
in McAllen, TX |
I can not speak highly enough of Dr. Machi and staff. We were lucky enough to find him 6 years ago after struggling for several years with doctors that herd patients through and continuously test different medications of their patients. Dr. Machi has always taken the time to understand our daughter and the dynamics in her life that contribute to her struggles. Now we travel from RGV to Ft Worth for our youngest to see him on a regular basis.
in Ft Worth, TX |
We have been seeing Dr. Machi for 6 yrs and have received excellent care and management of our special needs children. Both children have very complex intellectual and psychiatric issues. He has always taken time to listen to our concerns and thoroughly explains treatment plan and goals. He and his staff are always available and always address our issues either with a same day phone call or an emergent appointment if necessary. Dr. Machi is extremely knowledgeable and a skilled physician.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Machi has been instrumental in helping my family. His ability to communicate, educate and equip me to understand ADHD the symptoms and treatment have been key in helping our family.
in Arlington, TX |
Dr. Machi manages my teenage son's ADHD, and we couldn't be more happy with the care he has provided. We had seen numerous other physicians prior to seeing Dr. Machi and had terrible experiences with the medical management they provided. Our experience with Dr. Machi has been excellent, from his expertise with the medication management of my son's ADHD to his ability to educate us and address our areas of concern. I would highly recommend Dr. Machi.
Ft Worth, TX |
Almost a year and a half ago my son and I started seeing Dr. Machi. We found him to be very caring, a great listener and was eggar to help us both get better. I have struggled with anxiety and depression since I was 16 and have seen 4 doctors over this time period. Dr. Machi is the ONLY one who has changed my life and now my sons. I trust him not only with my family, but I have recommended him to several of my friends. He works very hard and is always a phone call away.
Downers Grove, IL |
He prescribed numerous drugs and didn't acknowledge that I was getting worse on them, instead during a crisis call my mother made to him, he said he could give me 500mg of risperdal. He could always give me more meds he said. His ego was unchecked and his compassion, professionalism and knowledge was deficient. It appears loosing a malpractice case brought on by another patient for improperly medicating seems to be a trend of his. I saw him when he was in Milwaukee.
A dose of 500 mg of Risperdal requires swallowing 125 tablets! Prior to trial, a Mediation Panel of a psychiatrist, attorney and businessman reviewed the case. The Panel concluded my care reached the standard of care. Not malpractice. No member of the jury had any medical or legal expertise. After trial, the Board of Licensing and Regulation reviewed the case. The Board Panel consisted of attorneys and physicians. The Board Panel agreed with the Mediation Panel. Not malpractice.
Does not listen to his patients. Ignored everything we told him about our child and tried to diagnose her with a condition that she doesn't have, one that was ruled out by specialists in that very field! Droned on and on about a clinic he used to work in, but never actually listened to us about our child's problems. He mumbles a lot and we couldn't even understand half of what he said. Experience was so bad that it's turned our child against therapists in general. Would not recommend!
in Fort Worth, TX |
Great doctor, works non stop and is always there when you need him. I have had many MD's over the past 20 years and he is by far the best. He knows what he is talking about and what he is doing it. I just started seeing him and I have hope again, which is something I have not had in years. I am still constantly impressed by the hands on manner, but would not change it for the world. As I believe he will be a big part in helping save my life. Wish there were more MD's like him out there.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Machi is incredibly knowledgeable, and at the same time very kind. He is able to explain things in a way that is understandable. I would recommend him without reservation.
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Machi, MD?

Compare Dr. Machi

Dr. Machi says...

Dr. Machi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Child Psychiatry and Psychiatry

Dr. Machi has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Machi's Board Certifications

• Addiction Psychiatry
  • Child Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

Dr. Machi does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Machi and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Medical College Of Wisconsin

Graduated in 1974

Lafayette Clinic

Completed in 1977

Medical College Of Wisconsin

Completed in 1979

Dr. Machi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Machi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Pediatric Psychiatry

Dr. Machi does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Machi and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.