Addiction Medicine  |
Dr. Anthony Kozma, DO
I, like so many of my patients, grew up in a family with active addiction, so I understand what it's like to fight the struggle. After attending college in Michigan and medical school in Missouri, I returned to the Detroit area to complete my internship. I then completed my Residency in Maine, the state with one of the highest rates of addiction in the country. I have dedicated my professional career to fighting addiction, earning a Board Certification in Addiction Medicine and treating those who struggle with this relentless disease, helping hundreds and hundreds of people achieve their goals of recovery.

Sisu Health, Portland, ME

70 Center St # G7

Portland, ME 04101

Learn about Dr. Kozma

I believe in treating all patients with dignity and respect.  Addiction tears people apart, both internally and externally.  It affects more than just the person with the active addiction; it affects everyone around them, too.  My goal is to treat everyone as a whole person, addressing not just the addiction but all of the other parts of life that are affected by the addiction.  Often recovery seems out of reach, but with over 14 years of experience, I can help you achieve your recovery goals.

Dr. Kozma's Experience

Dr. Kozma's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Addiction Medicine

• Addiction Medicine
  • Alcoholism
  • Pain Medicine
  • Substance Abuse Counseling

Dr. Kozma does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Opiate Dependence
  • Opioid Dependence

• Medication Management
  • Pain Management
  • Urinalysis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maine.

• A T Sill U Hlth Sci Kirksville Coll Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Riverside Osteopathic Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of New England / Main Campus

Dr. Kozma has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kozma has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kozma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kozma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kozma's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kozma to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Kozma's Performance
    GOOD
Exeter, NH |
I saw Dr.Kozma when he was with Dr.Evan's in Westbrook. Great guy. I found him easy to talk with.
Limington, ME |
I contacted Anthony Kozma after my doctor refused to treat my pain approximately 10 weeks after a total hip replacement. Not only did I have to contact the office approximately half a dozen times because the staff didn't return my calls, Dr Kozma refused to see me because the doctors notes I had transferred indicated my pain was "improving." This process was a total waist of time.
in South Portland, ME |
Dr Kozma will listen to the issues that your having and he will try to figure out what will or won't help you. He's the first doctor I've found that talks to you in a language that you can understand. He doesn't just talk in doctor terms where your left wondering what he just said to you. He takes the time to get to know you & your family life. He's a very smart & very nice person! Added perk: you will get to meet Dr Kozma's adorable office dog, Snowball!!
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Kozma, DO?
Are you Dr. Kozma?