Dr. Anthony Kozma, DO

Dr. Anthony Kozma, DO

Addiction Medicine | Male

Sisu Health, Portland, ME 70 Center St # G7, Portland, ME 04101 Get Directions

I believe in treating all patients with dignity and respect. Addiction tears people apart, both internally and externally. It affects more than just the person with the active addiction; it affects everyone around them, too. My goal is to treat everyone as a whole person, addressing not just the addiction but all of the other parts of life that are affected by the addiction. Often recovery seems out of reach, but with over 14 years of experience, I can help you achieve your recovery goals.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Kozma's Experience

See how Dr. Kozma's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kozma

Dr. Kozma's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kozma to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Kozma's Performance
    GOOD
Limington, ME |
I contacted Anthony Kozma after my doctor refused to treat my pain approximately 10 weeks after a total hip replacement. Not only did I have to contact the office approximately half a dozen times because the staff didn't return my calls, Dr Kozma refused to see me because the doctors notes I had transferred indicated my pain was "improving." This process was a total waist of time.
in South Portland, ME |
Dr Kozma will listen to the issues that your having and he will try to figure out what will or won't help you. He's the first doctor I've found that talks to you in a language that you can understand. He doesn't just talk in doctor terms where your left wondering what he just said to you. He takes the time to get to know you & your family life. He's a very smart & very nice person! Added perk: you will get to meet Dr Kozma's adorable office dog, Snowball!!
Have you seen Dr. Anthony Kozma, DO?
Are you Dr. Kozma?

Compare Dr. Kozma

Dr. Kozma says...

I, like so many of my patients, grew up in a family with active addiction, so I understand what it's like to fight the struggle.  After attending college in Michigan and medical school in Missouri, I returned to the Detroit area to complete my internship.  I then completed my Residency in Maine, the state with one of the highest rates of addiction in the country.  I have dedicated my professional career to fighting addiction, earning a Board Certification in Addiction Medicine and treating those who struggle with this relentless disease, helping hundreds and hundreds of people achieve their goals of recovery.

Dr. Kozma's Care Philosophy

I believe in treating all patients with dignity and respect.  Addiction tears people apart, both internally and externally.  It affects more than just the person with the active addiction; it affects everyone around them, too.  My goal is to treat everyone as a whole person, addressing not just the addiction but all of the other parts of life that are affected by the addiction.  Often recovery seems out of reach, but with over 14 years of experience, I can help you achieve your recovery goals.

Dr. Kozma says...

I have been treating substance abuse for more than 13 years.  Every patient is unique and every patient is given the care that they deserve, which is often not the care that they have received in the past.  We are a small practice and treat everyone with care and honesty.

Dr. Kozma's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Addiction Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Maine not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maine.

• Addiction
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Opiate Dependence
  • Opioid Dependence

A T Sill U Hlth Sci Kirksville Coll Osteo Med

Graduated in 1999

Riverside Osteopathic Hospital
    University Of New England / Main Campus

Dr. Kozma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kozma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Addiction Medicine