Dr. Anthony Hood, MD

Dr. Anthony Hood, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·

Dr. Anthony Hood, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Plantation, FL and has been practicing for 29 years. He specializes in obstetrics & gynecology and gynecology.

Westside OB/GYN Group

220 SW 84th Ave Ste 105

Plantation, FL 33324

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Hood

See how frequently Dr. Hood performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dilation and Curettage
C-Section
Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Hood's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hood "You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providng the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of service and have highly trained and knowledgeable staff who have been together for some ten years plus. We look forward to being part of your medical team. Our practice believes in patient-centric care. We work together with the patient and their family with the goal of achieving their maximum healing and wellness. We believe in medical care that takes the whole person into account. We strive to provide the best clinical care combined with communications and patient involvement in the care process to achieve the best outcomes for our patients."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Dallas Co Hp Parkland Mem

Dr. Hood has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hood does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hood and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hood's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hood to family and friends

Dr. Hood's Performance

Been seeing him for years, he is the best. He actually cares.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr.Hood took very good care of me during my high risk pregnancy. He was very attentive and caring. I trusted his decisions and can thank him for catching a medical problem other doctors missed. The office staff is very nice and helpful and made me feel comfortable. The office is also very clean.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Hood was the most attentive, caring, and supportive OB. He encourages you and gives you advise that helps. Most importantly he listens to you. He delivered my daughter on 2/4/16 at night, he refused to go to bed before she was here. Thank you for all your help with everything. You have changed...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
After 2 miscarriges Dr Hood ordered blood work but put the codes in wrong. I ended up with a $700 bill they refused to change the codes to help. He suggested genetic testing. My perinatal told me it should have been chromosomal, $350 bill. He denied me a drug many docs routinely give women in my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Hood has the best bed side manners. He is very knowlegeable, caring and thorough. He has been my OBGYN for the past eleven years, with exceptional service. He performed my surgery with no side effects. He always answer patients emergency calls even on weekends. i have been travelling to...more
Are you Dr. Hood?