Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Anthony D'Ambrosio, MD
Dr. D'Ambrosio earned his medical doctorate from the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine where he graduated Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed his Neurological Surgery Internship, Residency and Chief Residency at the Neurological Institute of New York, Columbia University. In addition, he completed a Skull Base and Cerebrovascular Surgery Fellowship in the Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Dr. D'Ambrosio's practice is devoted to brain tumors, skull base tumors, meningiomas, acoustic neuromas, pituitary tumors, Chiari malformation, and microvascular decompression (MVD) for trigeminal neuralgia andhemifacial spasm. He uses state-of-the-art technology such as frameless image guidance systems, awake craniotomy, and stereotactic radiosurgery (i.e. GammaKnife, BrainLab, Tomotherapy) for the treatment of primary and metastaticbrain tumors. He has particular expertise in the use of endoscopic techniques to remove complex intracranial tumors at the base of the brain. Dr. D'Ambrosio directs our Northern New Jersey practice based in Ridgewood, NJ. He is the Director of Neuro-Oncology – Disease Management Team at the Blumenthal Cancer Center of The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ. Dr. D'Ambrosio is also the Director of Neurosciences and Chief of Neurological Surgery at the St. Joseph's Healthcare System in Paterson and Wayne, NJ. He sees patients at The Valley Hospital, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital, Chilton Memorial Hospital, and Mountainside Hospital. With his main office in Ridgewood, New Jersey, Dr. D'Ambrosio has helped to establish a center of excellence for Columbia Neurosurgery in the communities of Bergen, Passiac and Essex counties.

1200 E Ridgewood Ave Ste 200

Ridgewood, NJ 07450

• MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. D'Ambrosio

See how frequently Dr. D'Ambrosio performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Meningiomas
Ear Disorders
Brain Cancer

Dr. D'Ambrosio's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. D'Ambrosio "Our care philosophy is centered around bringing clarity and compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones. Each one of our doctors has dedicated his or her career to being an expert in a specific sub-specialty within neurosurgery. We feel that our focused academic commitment to providing clarity, education and compassion ensures that patients leave our office with a better understanding of their diagnosis, treatment options, and future."

• Neurosurgery

• Glioblastoma
  • Glioma
  • Hemifacial Spasm
  • Meningiomas
  • Metastatic Tumors (Brain)
  • Pituitary Tumor

• Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University South Florida College Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. D'Ambrosio has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. D'Ambrosio has no media or publications listed.

Dr. D'Ambrosio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. D'Ambrosio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. D'Ambrosio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. D'Ambrosio to family and friends
Dr. D'Ambrosio's Performance
in Verona, NJ |
This is the nicest doctors I have ever met. He took a lot of time to explain the treatment options, for my medical condition. I have been a nurse for 25 years and never met a more down to earth and knowledgeable doctor. His office staff and colleagues were also so kind and took a lot of time with me.
in Decatur, GA |
Five years ago (2012) a tumor was discovered in my brain and an hour later I met Dr. D'Ambrosio. When he came into the ER to introduce himself to my husband and me and explain what was going to happen I felt completely at ease. I'll never forget him telling me, with a smile, "And I won't shave your head." Competence is expected. But Dr. D'Ambrosio goes beyond with his kindness, his obvious caring, and the way he makes you feel like you are his only patient. A gem!
in Oakland, NJ |
A very fine neurosurgeon. He is highly skilled, very thorough, and gives attention to details with precision. Best surgical experience ever! I will be always grateful to him for making such a wonderful difference in my life!
in Paramus, NJ |
Extremely knowledgeable and gifted.... and has the best personality to make you feel completely comfortable, confident and trusting in his expertise and your treatment. Upbeat and encouraging. Couldn't ask for a better Doctor.
in Clifton, NJ |
Truly a magnificent doctor, I can't begin to describe how this man saved my life! I was wheeled into his office after rupturing my L4 & L5 and severing my S2 & S3, which caused paralysis from my waste down, including loss of bladder and bowel function. After my surgery I was up walking around that night with the help of a walker, my prognosis 95% recovery!!!! 6 years and 1 month later I am running my first marathon, this fall! This man truly has the hands of an angel!
Ridgewood, NJ |
I just recently had surgery with Dr. D' Ambrosio at Valley Hospital. He and his staff are wonderful to work with. They are very kind and trusting. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone that needs surgery in the future!!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Anthony D'Ambrosio, MD?
Are you Dr. D'Ambrosio?